new to forum, got a question.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 05:30 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new to forum, got a question.

hi everyone! i just purchased a certified 05' RL white with tan interior. i love this car!
i recently brought the car in cuz i saw some fluid leak from the front passenger area and the dealer said the recallw as already performed and they tightened the power steering hose clamp. my question is, " do they need to remove the front bumper to perform this recall?" a service guy said they didnt need to remove the bumper to mess with the hose. i also mentioned that the passenger headlight bulb flickered too.

after i got the car back on saturday, i noticed that the front bumper werent aligned with the headlights. the bottom of the driver headlight is further out than the bumper and the passenger headlight bottom is more in than the bumper. i looked at the passenger tabs under the headlight and they are not clipped in at all and the driver side is.

is this a hard fix?can i do it myself?

also, any idea how to adjust the passenger DRL? its aimed a bit higher than the driver side. sorry for the long thread.

Rog
Old 05-26-2009, 06:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 134 Likes on 66 Posts
that's not normal, take it back and have them fix it right.... you shouldn't have to mess with it.... regardless of the necessity of front bumper removal, it just sounds kinda shaddy what they did for not putting things back the way they r suppose to.....

Originally Posted by jedinyte120
hi everyone! i just purchased a certified 05' RL white with tan interior. i love this car!
i recently brought the car in cuz i saw some fluid leak from the front passenger area and the dealer said the recallw as already performed and they tightened the power steering hose clamp. my question is, " do they need to remove the front bumper to perform this recall?" a service guy said they didnt need to remove the bumper to mess with the hose. i also mentioned that the passenger headlight bulb flickered too.

after i got the car back on saturday, i noticed that the front bumper werent aligned with the headlights. the bottom of the driver headlight is further out than the bumper and the passenger headlight bottom is more in than the bumper. i looked at the passenger tabs under the headlight and they are not clipped in at all and the driver side is.

is this a hard fix?can i do it myself?

also, any idea how to adjust the passenger DRL? its aimed a bit higher than the driver side. sorry for the long thread.

Rog
Old 05-26-2009, 06:50 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by psheu
that's not normal, take it back and have them fix it right.... you shouldn't have to mess with it.... regardless of the necessity of front bumper removal, it just sounds kinda shaddy what they did for not putting things back the way they r suppose to.....
I agree take it back and tell them to fix it properly. If they give you some excuse you will need to go higher.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:58 PM
Intermediate

thanks for replying back fellas. i already have a service appt to get my rear window replaced because the previous owner had a FOP sticker and removed it along with 7 strips of defroster. the CPO warranty covers it ($1135). i told the tech that worked on my car and said he/they would take a look at the bumper when i bring it back. i even told my salesman to let the service manager know.
i just wanted to find out if the bumper need to be removed to do the power steering hose recall,so i can use it towards my defense. dealers are so stern and quick to say that they didnt need to remove the bumper to tigten the P/S hose clamps.
any ideas on the high beam light adjsutment?
Old 05-26-2009, 09:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Welcome to AZ! The manual indicates how to adjust the high beams, it's a little tricky but possible for you to do by yourself.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:13 AM
Intermediate

screw that. make them fix it. You paid real money, make them give yo ua real car.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:23 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Texas05RL
screw that. make them fix it. You paid real money, make them give yo ua real car.
the problem is that they said they didnt have to remove the bumper for either of the 2 things i mentioned.they are standing firm on this and i dont know what to do. but its apparent that the passenger bumper clips under the headlight are not on cuz i can see it through the little space under the light. i dont kno wwhat to do. i did request for them to take a look at the bumper when i bring it in on friday for the new rear window. they are also gonna attempt to road test the car for the whine sound above 70mph cuz i will be at work when they have the car.

*can anyone please confirm if the front bumper has to be removed to do the P/S hose? thanks in advance guys.

Rog
Old 05-27-2009, 09:35 PM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
Don't think they do. Go through this thread. There may be info on it. It is 5 pages

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=500427&page=4
Old 05-28-2009, 06:03 PM
Intermediate

RL is in the shop for the following:
-rear window being replaced due to messed up defrost strips from preivous owner
-front bumper off alignment(hope they fix it)
-loose passenger mirror housing
-whine at 60+ mph (i doubt they will hear it)
-driver window closes and makes a funny sound. sounds like window closing hard on a piece of metal or tapping a screw on glass sound.

has anyone had any issues with their main navi knob. not the part that can turn 360 degrees, the part that says "enter" on it. mine occasionally vibrates and when i touch the button it stops. i wonder if its easy to remove and replace?
Old 05-28-2009, 06:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Dang! You might ask them what the heck they did on the CPO certification! Most of that should have been caught (prob not the whine, though).
Old 05-29-2009, 02:41 PM
Intermediate

Is the whine a high pitched noise, like electronic?

While driving 60mph, try covering the noise reduction microphone with your finger- its in the center of the upper console (little square with a hole in it) Does the whine go away? By the way it should get very loud in the car when you do this, since you are effectively disabling the active noise reduction.