RDX All Wheel Drive error message

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 08:19 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RDX All Wheel Drive error message

HI All,
I have a RDX 2013. While I was driving today, the AWD light and error message pop-up and said Check AWD System. The error code is 71: All wheel drive system may not be working properly (Not 77, seems I cant find any 71 error). When I parked my car and restart and light went off. And yes today the temperature drop to 35F.. I am not sure if there is anything I should worried about. Please let me know if you guys see this message before or you know how should I deal with this problem.

THANKS YOU ALLLLLLLL!!!!
Old 10-30-2017, 07:20 PM
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
have you ever changed the rear diff fluid, transfer case fluid, or tranny fluid yet ? they are due at 30k miles
Old 10-30-2017, 08:33 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kipsy
have you ever changed the rear diff fluid, transfer case fluid, or tranny fluid yet ? they are due at 30k miles
I only changed my Transmission Fluid recently.. I dont change rear diff fluid or transfer case fluid...do you think that is issues? Current mileage is about 60K. Thank you for your reply!!!
Old 10-31-2017, 07:05 AM
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
acura for some reason wants these fluids changed more often than other makers. the diff fluid is AWD fluid from dealer, needs 2 qts.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:41 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,508 Likes on 1,176 Posts
You might need to take the RDX to Acura to read the code. Sometimes the code displayed is a down stream symptom or reaction and not the actual problem. I've had my 08 RDX give a sh-awd code twice when the alternator was going out and I had very low voltage and when I had a i-Vtec switch-over solenoid fail. It might be the way for the system to protect the powertrain if there is an electrical or mechanical issue. I don't think there are any sensors for low fluid for the rear diff?
Old 01-21-2020, 11:48 AM
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any Update to your AWD warning light?

Originally Posted by darrenH
HI All,
I have a RDX 2013. While I was driving today, the AWD light and error message pop-up and said Check AWD System. The error code is 71: All wheel drive system may not be working properly (Not 77, seems I cant find any 71 error). When I parked my car and restart and light went off. And yes today the temperature drop to 35F.. I am not sure if there is anything I should worried about. Please let me know if you guys see this message before or you know how should I deal with this problem.

THANKS YOU ALLLLLLLL!!!!
Darren, any update as to what was cause of your AWD warning light on your RDX? I also have a 2013 RDX and this warning light just came on (after driving for approx 5mins). If I shut the car off and restart it doesn't appear to come back on. I appreciate any insight you could share - thanks, Dean
The following users liked this post:
JEarly (03-03-2021)