Current price paid for Acura RDX 2015

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 08:02 PM
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New member here... sorry if I unnecessarily revived an old thread.

From the DMV area. Purchased my 2015 AWD Tech back in March. OTD was around $38k ($36k + TTL + $299 truecar fee).

I ended up going to a local credit union's website and using their "car search service" which is really truecar. It's kind of annoying because you get a slew of emails and quotes from local dealers. I was lucky enough to get a low ball quote from a dealer while I was sitting in a different dealer's showroom. The low ball quote was more than likely a bait and switch deal, but the dealer I was currently dealing with agreed to meet me halfway since he could not take the loss of price matching. I was satisfied with the deal, and now I have a new black on black RDX.
Old 06-21-2015, 06:26 AM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good day to all.
I just purchased a 2015 AWD RDX (non-tech package) for $36K outta door.
I think that is the best I could do in the North east.
What do you think?
Have a nice and relaxed Sunday guys.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:40 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by quicksilver1234
Good day to all.
I just purchased a 2015 AWD RDX (non-tech package) for $36K outta door.
I think that is the best I could do in the North east.
What do you think?
Have a nice and relaxed Sunday guys.
$34,699 + Tax + Tag + Title for leftover 2015 RDX AWD/Tech. Not a demo or a loaner. Bought it from Virginia Acura Dealership. We are PA residents, but the VA dealership price was the best price... SO we drove 180 miles to purchase it from the VA dealer.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:12 PM
Intermediate

I got a quote for $38,571, out the door, for a 2015 RDX, AWD and Technology Package. Currently no accessories, but plan on buying OEM weather mats, cargo liner, and that remote starter II package later (that one will be bought online and installed by dealer.)

Did I get a good deal?
Old 07-29-2015, 11:23 PM
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by CG_RDX
I got a quote for $38,571, out the door, for a 2015 RDX, AWD and Technology Package. Currently no accessories, but plan on buying OEM weather mats, cargo liner, and that remote starter II package later (that one will be bought online and installed by dealer.)

Did I get a good deal?
Not according to khfactor who posted just above...
Old 07-29-2015, 11:55 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CoachRick
Not according to khfactor who posted just above...
So between him paying PA tax and all that, what would khfactor's total price be? I am probably within a grand of him when all is said and done. And I only had to go 2 miles away. Plus they had my ext/int colors.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:30 AM
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
So between him paying PA tax and all that, what would khfactor's total price be? I am probably within a grand of him when all is said and done. And I only had to go 2 miles away. Plus they had my ext/int colors.
Looks like $36.7K after his sales tax...still worth the drive; but much closer than I initially thought without the tax figured in. Back in the dark ages, I drove that distance twice in one day to pick up my own purchase(a dealer swap that was going to take over the weekend and I just COULDN'T wait!) 1985 Subaru 4wd wagon w/digital dash!!!! Then I drove 400 miles the next day to my appointment and back. I did some silly stuff when I was younger!!!
Old 07-30-2015, 12:37 PM
4th Gear

2015 RDX with tech package for 34k, closer to 33k
Old 07-30-2015, 02:01 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by CoachRick
Looks like $36.7K after his sales tax...still worth the drive; but much closer than I initially thought without the tax figured in. Back in the dark ages, I drove that distance twice in one day to pick up my own purchase(a dealer swap that was going to take over the weekend and I just COULDN'T wait!) 1985 Subaru 4wd wagon w/digital dash!!!! Then I drove 400 miles the next day to my appointment and back. I did some silly stuff when I was younger!!!
Add 6% PA Sales tax and $300 "Doc Fees" + $150 Ttitle/Tag. That was my out the door price. Not many 2015 RDXs are available as 2016s are coming in. One shady dealership in Bethesda, MD quoted me $600 lower, but when I called to follow up, they "RENEGGED" on their own written quote... Do not deal with that "Bethesda, MD Acura."
Old 07-30-2015, 02:16 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by khfactor
Add 6% PA Sales tax and $300 "Doc Fees" + $150 Ttitle/Tag. That was my out the door price. Not many 2015 RDXs are available as 2016s are coming in. One shady dealership in Bethesda, MD quoted me $600 lower, but when I called to follow up, they "RENEGGED" on their own written quote... Do not deal with that "Bethesda, MD Acura."
The same one that's named after the aging comedian? (Or vice-versa...)

Yeah I actually went there...let me share my experience of that Acura dealership.

Parked my car, walked in...looked at 2015 RDX, the 2016 MDX (not in contention, but when no one comes to you, why not?) and the 2016 RDX. Not one f'ing salesperson came to offer any assistance. Not one. I was there for an hour! Drinking their K-Cup hot cocoa and thinking to myself I didn't have to spend money at the starbucks across the street.

So I went to the other Montgomery County dealership, the one in G'Burg and I got super-duper attention and was treated with respect.

I don't think I would ever go to that Bethesda dealer, even though it is not far from my job. I think I would rather suffer in traffic and deal with the one or ones in VA (in case I couldn't drive home or something to the G'Burg one, though I suppose I could use my AAA card.)
Old 07-30-2015, 02:21 PM
Intermediate

Oh and by the by...even with me doing my own math...I was right about being (about a) $1k from you. In a way I don't feel so bad...

Now AChan10 on the otherhand...I'd be curious to know what the mileage was? Oh and was it AWD or FWD?
Old 07-31-2015, 09:38 AM
10th Gear

The same one that's named after the aging comedian? (Or vice-versa...)

Yeah I actually went there...let me share my experience of that Acura dealership.

Parked my car, walked in...looked at 2015 RDX, the 2016 MDX (not in contention, but when no one comes to you, why not?) and the 2016 RDX. Not one f'ing salesperson came to offer any assistance. Not one. I was there for an hour! Drinking their K-Cup hot cocoa and thinking to myself I didn't have to spend money at the starbucks across the street.

So I went to the other Montgomery County dealership, the one in G'Burg and I got super-duper attention and was treated with respect.

I don't think I would ever go to that Bethesda dealer, even though it is not far from my job. I think I would rather suffer in traffic and deal with the one or ones in VA (in case I couldn't drive home or something to the G'Burg one, though I suppose I could use my AAA card.)
I went to the Ratedealer.com site and blasted their shady tactics. If you look at their overall customer satisfaction ratings, theirs is about 78% while everyone else is in their 98% rankings... So there. It tells you the whole story and their "place" in the Acuraville, USA...

As for the leftover 2015 RDX AWD/Tech, I was just lucky, I guess, that I stumbled onto this VA dealership who offered me the super-deal. When we were picking up the car, he said he only had ONE 2015 RDX AWD/tech in red color remaining...
Old 07-31-2015, 09:43 AM
10th Gear

Did I get a good deal?
Do not buy the Cargo cover. I just received it and when I opened it up, it looks and feel like it was a DOLLAR store variety & quality. Can not believe Acura is selling this JUNK as official Acura Cargo cover. It is thin cheesy, and flimsy vinyl... Nothing of the cover says QUALITY. It is a piece of junk, in my opinion... My son's Mazda CX-5's cargo cover is 1000 % better grade and quality...
The following users liked this post:
CG_RDX (07-31-2015)
Old 08-22-2015, 10:58 PM
Intermediate

I went to the Ratedealer.com site and blasted their shady tactics. If you look at their overall customer satisfaction ratings, theirs is about 78% while everyone else is in their 98% rankings... So there. It tells you the whole story and their "place" in the Acuraville, USA...

As for the leftover 2015 RDX AWD/Tech, I was just lucky, I guess, that I stumbled onto this VA dealership who offered me the super-deal. When we were picking up the car, he said he only had ONE 2015 RDX AWD/tech in red color remaining...

[The non-TLDR version, initial deal went south, went back to Bethesda, bought my 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech Package in Silver Moon for $38,589 OTD. Love how my RDX handles Read on for the full story.]

Well, I ended up going to the Bethesda dealer after all...and I purchased the vehicle...but not before they pulled their own shadiness in the deal.

My criteria for purchasing the 2015 RDX AWD was quite high. I wanted the color primarily silver (didn't matter to me if it was Silver Moon or Forged Silver Metallic, though truth be told, I am quite happy I went with Silver Moon. The Forged was a bit dark for my case, and it might as well been gray.) Black was my fallback color, but the interior had to be ebony. I get that there a Parchment lovers out there, but my OCD would go into over to make sure that there wouldn't be any dirt on there...seeing the dirt on the demo parchment was a complete turn-off. At least with the ebony, I'd be ok, and I plan on keeping my car like new for quite sometime.

In any event, apparently these cars are and were going like hotcakes in the DMV area. The deal that I had with the Gburg dealer went south and bad. They ran my credit when I explicitly told them not too because I was paying in cash, and the guy I was dealing with was just bs'ing me to the 9th degree...he knew he ----ed up with me when he had my deposit ready to be refunded to me before I even asked. There were some logistical problems on my end with the cash, and it was taking longer to access it then normal. However, I am glad it happened. Both he and the finance manager made it seem like it was my fault for losing the deal, but they could have just kept it real with me and tell me they had someone else wanting the car. I actually would not have gotten mad at that.

So a couple of weeks go by and I was getting frustrated with the BS of car dealerships...but I have my car cash sitting so something has to happen. I employed a car buying service that would handle that (they were rated highly by Kiplinger's and they had real Yelp reviews so I figured why not.) Told them the situation, and wanted to see if I could have gotten a better deal with them. At this point, because my criteria was high (I was not going to buy a FWD SUV, nor did I want just Base, nor did I want Red with Parchment even if the price was $10k lower...the wife would not have it), it ended up being if I could even find my car without stepping foot in the dealership. Turns out, I had to go to Dan Aykroyd's buddy because they had the car, two of them it turns out. However....

One car had 64 miles, the other had 246. Of course, I'd want the 64 mile one...and of course, that sold (allegedly), so I was left with the 246 mile one. And the dealership would not budge from the OTD price, because he could have sold the car to someone else (and I believe because I was a cash deal, he'd have preferred that since they make money on the financing.) However, all I wanted was the all weather mats to be thrown in, which he did. This was really the only car that met my criteria...and even though the car had 246 miles, that was still much lower than friggin 1590 miles. So I gave them the $38,589 OTD for a 2015 Acura RDX AWD with Tech Package.

Since this post is already too long, I'll make a new one on how I like my new vehicle. Suffice it to say, maneuvering through 270 South (which is always busy on a Saturday because people go to DC or whatever) and 495 is a lot better with the RDX than a Saturn Ion. I haven't gone over 80 mph (and if I did, no more than 83-85 for sure), but leaving b[----]-ayce drivers who want to hog lanes in my dust is so enjoyable and pleasurable...especially some jerk who was driving an RX-350. It's been a day, and I am already happy with my car!! Look forward to playing around some more.
Old 08-24-2015, 01:48 PM
10th Gear

[The non-TLDR version, initial deal went south, went back to Bethesda, bought my 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech Package in Silver Moon for $38,589 OTD. Love how my RDX handles Read on for the full story.]

Well, I ended up going to the Bethesda dealer after all...and I purchased the vehicle...but not before they pulled their own shadiness in the deal.

My criteria for purchasing the 2015 RDX AWD was quite high. I wanted the color primarily silver (didn't matter to me if it was Silver Moon or Forged Silver Metallic, though truth be told, I am quite happy I went with Silver Moon. The Forged was a bit dark for my case, and it might as well been gray.) Black was my fallback color, but the interior had to be ebony. I get that there a Parchment lovers out there, but my OCD would go into over to make sure that there wouldn't be any dirt on there...seeing the dirt on the demo parchment was a complete turn-off. At least with the ebony, I'd be ok, and I plan on keeping my car like new for quite sometime.

In any event, apparently these cars are and were going like hotcakes in the DMV area. The deal that I had with the Gburg dealer went south and bad. They ran my credit when I explicitly told them not too because I was paying in cash, and the guy I was dealing with was just bs'ing me to the 9th degree...he knew he ----ed up with me when he had my deposit ready to be refunded to me before I even asked. There were some logistical problems on my end with the cash, and it was taking longer to access it then normal. However, I am glad it happened. Both he and the finance manager made it seem like it was my fault for losing the deal, but they could have just kept it real with me and tell me they had someone else wanting the car. I actually would not have gotten mad at that.

So a couple of weeks go by and I was getting frustrated with the BS of car dealerships...but I have my car cash sitting so something has to happen. I employed a car buying service that would handle that (they were rated highly by Kiplinger's and they had real Yelp reviews so I figured why not.) Told them the situation, and wanted to see if I could have gotten a better deal with them. At this point, because my criteria was high (I was not going to buy a FWD SUV, nor did I want just Base, nor did I want Red with Parchment even if the price was $10k lower...the wife would not have it), it ended up being if I could even find my car without stepping foot in the dealership. Turns out, I had to go to Dan Aykroyd's buddy because they had the car, two of them it turns out. However....

One car had 64 miles, the other had 246. Of course, I'd want the 64 mile one...and of course, that sold (allegedly), so I was left with the 246 mile one. And the dealership would not budge from the OTD price, because he could have sold the car to someone else (and I believe because I was a cash deal, he'd have preferred that since they make money on the financing.) However, all I wanted was the all weather mats to be thrown in, which he did. This was really the only car that met my criteria...and even though the car had 246 miles, that was still much lower than friggin 1590 miles. So I gave them the $38,589 OTD for a 2015 Acura RDX AWD with Tech Package.

Since this post is already too long, I'll make a new one on how I like my new vehicle. Suffice it to say, maneuvering through 270 South (which is always busy on a Saturday because people go to DC or whatever) and 495 is a lot better with the RDX than a Saturn Ion. I haven't gone over 80 mph (and if I did, no more than 83-85 for sure), but leaving b[----]-ayce drivers who want to hog lanes in my dust is so enjoyable and pleasurable...especially some jerk who was driving an RX-350. It's been a day, and I am already happy with my car!! Look forward to playing around some more.
Glad you ended up with the car and the choice of color that the BOSS wanted... You did what you had to do, so no blame issues there, although you bought your RDX from Dan Akroyd's buddy's (I like ur use of this. ha ha) dealership.

Since we bought our RDX, my wife already has racked up more than 1200 miles on it. Now I inherited her 2011 BMW 328i and I am getting used to it. Big difference between my daily driver, 2007 Toyota Tacoma 4x4...
Old 08-25-2015, 04:02 PM
2nd Gear

Picked up a 2015 Base RDX FWD loaner w/ 6500 miles for just under $31000 + TTL + $250 doc fee. Love the car!
Old 08-26-2015, 08:28 AM
Intermediate

Glad you ended up with the car and the choice of color that the BOSS wanted... You did what you had to do, so no blame issues there, although you bought your RDX from Dan Akroyd's buddy's (I like ur use of this. ha ha) dealership.

Since we bought our RDX, my wife already has racked up more than 1200 miles on it. Now I inherited her 2011 BMW 328i and I am getting used to it. Big difference between my daily driver, 2007 Toyota Tacoma 4x4...
I don't know anyone outside of the MD area who is familiar with Chevy Chase...and if they are like me, they will assume the town named themselves after him. (Yes, yes...I am well aware it is the other way around...lol.) They better use my two years of free oil changes to really earn my business.

But yeah it's been a good couple of days. I've been coming to work early and I've been getting the primo spots at work to park so far. I really want to do more fun driving, but traffic down here is horrible...

Wife loves the car. As soon as I get a pet hammock or something where I'm comfortable our two small dogs won't be scratching or otherwise inconveniencing my ride, we plan on taking a lot of trips. The wife and I went out Saturday for a pre-birthday dinner (I won't be able to celebrate it on the day...at least this year.) She really loves the car...much better than the Saturn Ion...lol.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:53 PM
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts
I don't know anyone outside of the MD area who is familiar with Chevy Chase...and if they are like me, they will assume the town named themselves after him. (Yes, yes...I am well aware it is the other way around...lol.)
Lived next door in Bethesda, MD - Old Georgetown Road and Greentree Rd area, from 1997-2002 when I worked at NIH. Loved it!!
Old 08-29-2015, 10:43 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kaputnik
Lived next door in Bethesda, MD - Old Georgetown Road and Greentree Rd area, from 1997-2002 when I worked at NIH. Loved it!!
I really am not beholden to MoCo, MD or the DMV area proper...this is just a transitional area/period until I figure out the next move. If it were not for meeting friends through good ol fashioned networking....I would probably have lost my mind.
Old 10-27-2015, 02:07 PM
4th Gear

I'm looking for RDX AWD w/Tech package in central NJ. I would not mind taking 2015 with the same trim for a less price. What should I pay for a new 2015 RDX AWD w/Tech right now.