2013 Pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 09:46 AM
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Got a few more pics for you guys.

The last picture is the optional 18" wheel. It is the same size as the stock wheel. Interestingly the caliper that shows Acura on it isn't like the calipers on the RL or TL Type-S. It is simply a plate that is bolted onto the caliper.

Last edited by sj993; 03-31-2012 at 09:50 AM.
The following users liked this post:
DibbyD (03-31-2012)
Old 03-31-2012, 10:47 AM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by sj993
The last picture is the optional 18" wheel. It is the same size as the stock wheel.
SJ, I'd love if you could get some more pics of the RDX with the accessory wheels on. The stock wheels look a little too much like those on the last gen CR-V for me. I'm kind of surprised the accessory wheels aren't 19", since the stock tire is 60 series, which should leave room for a +1 upgrade and still maintain some semblance of comfort. Although, 18" tires are generally a bit more affordable than 19s, so I'd probably be happy to stick with 18s in the long run.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:29 AM
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Sure thing. I believe they are putting all the accessories on it as it will be in the showroom. I should be able to get some more pics on Monday. I was surprised as well since the current RDX has the optional 19's. I do like the wheels though, they look much better than the stock wheels IMO.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:35 PM
Advanced

I just found this video that shows an accessory steering wheel, although I'm not sure if it is specifically for the RDX. It has wood trim along the top and thicker bolstering along the bottom left and right, similar to the TL wheel.

There's a good side shot of the bolstering at 1:13 and a good straight-on shot at 2:54.

I think it looks a little odd since there's no other wood in the interior.

Old 03-31-2012, 01:57 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was thinking about the wood trim accessories but this video doesn't help the cause. I'm not jumping up and down to have that steering wheel. I think it would be better if the wood was a darker shade. And the roof rails seem so out dated and bulky. I'm not liking the look of those, either.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
I have now seen a few pics of the RDX with the Acura logo on the Brake Calipers. Are these standard on the 2013 RDX? I can't see it listed any where on the accessories yet they seem to show up in alot of the pics.

Last edited by weather; 04-08-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:04 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by weather
I have now seen a few pics of the RDX with the Acura logo on the Brake Calipers. Are these standard on the 2013 RDX? I can't see it listed any where on the accessories yet they seem to show up in alot of the pics.
They are standard
Old 04-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Advanced

Old 04-08-2012, 02:25 PM
Advanced

Non-Vav

Sorry about the quality of pics. Very low light in the garage.

Top down view

Old 04-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Buzzdsm...thanks for confirming. I wonder if it will be the same in Canada. We have just told our dealership that we will proceed with a 2013 RDX tech AWD in white. Thanks for posting your pics...it looks really nice and I can't wait to pull the plug on ours. We will have the 2012 TL AWD SH-AWD tech and the 2013 RDX AWD Tech in the family...both in white. Do you notice any excessive wind noise as described by some?
Old 04-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Advanced

Nice RDX Buzz! Keep us updated on what it's like to own as you get more miles under your belt.

We will have the 2012 TL AWD SH-AWD tech and the 2013 RDX AWD Tech in the family...both in white.
Weather, those are the two vehicles I'm trying to choose between to replace my 1996 Toyota Celica. I think I like the looks and size of the RDX better, but I'm afraid I'll miss the handling of a car, especially the SH-AWD TL.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by DibbyD
Weather, those are the two vehicles I'm trying to choose between to replace my 1996 Toyota Celica. I think I like the looks and size of the RDX better, but I'm afraid I'll miss the handling of a car, especially the SH-AWD TL.
I can assure you that you will never regret the driveability of the TL with its incredible SH-AWD! I am confident that I will enjoy the refinement of the RDX over that of my current RAV4 (sport). When I purchased the RAV, I thought that I could enjoy a basic vehicle to carry me through the crappy weather days and the reason I didn't want to spend too much money as a secondary vehicle as I don't drive my TL in any wet/white weather. Little did I know that I have become addicted to the upscale features my TL offers and as much as I adore the driving characteristics of my RAV4, its interior is just too bland for me. I want to enjoy the XM, the ELS stereo, the backup cameras, the NAV, the leather seats, the push button start, the power lift gate etc. I do enjoy spending time inside my vehicles and the cockpit is a huge thing for me and compared to the RAV4, the RDX is just what I crave and need.

Either vehicle you will chose will give you great enjoyment but if you enjoy tossing your vehicle through twisty roads and feeling the exhilaration of razor sharp cornering, the RDX may leave you a bit underwhelmed but still a great vehicle to drive. Being able to have one of each will hopefully satisfy all my needs *lol*
Old 04-09-2012, 02:31 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Originally Posted by buzzdsm
They are standard
The Acura name on the caliper looks like a plate, not painted on. I wonder it it would fit on other acura calipers.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by buzzdsm
Non-Vav

Sorry about the quality of pics. Very low light in the garage.
Finally a great looking non-nav Acura!
Old 04-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Suzuka Master

You know, its funny because when I heard that the dual exhaust were gone on the RDX, I said to myself...WTF! But now, the more I look at it, the more I like the clean look of the rear of the vehicle. I was in town this afternoon and couldn't get over how many exhaust tailpipes I was staring at....having it nicely tucked away will be refreshing

I must be getting old!
Old 04-10-2012, 02:46 PM
2021 RDX A SPEC

Received 308 Likes on 189 Posts
looks great...few minor comments ..

-LED rear taillights (may be introduced as a minor facelift in upcoming years?)
-Panaromic sunroof (probably will never happen except for 2013 MDX?)
-are the DRLs part of the foglights? like the MDX?

anyways, i'll be sure to check one out once it hits the showrooms here.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:42 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Would seem like a logical update but you never know.
Yeah very unlikely on the RDX. Isn't the MDX redesign MY 2014?
No. To the inside of the main lights. Base model doesn't even have fog.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Onac
Would seem like a logical update but you never know.
Yeah very unlikely on the RDX. Isn't the MDX redesign MY 2014?
No. To the inside of the main lights. Base model doesn't even have fog.
I agree that LED taillights could be a mid model update but for me, it is not a deal breaker. I am more upset at the fact that the passenger seat doesn't rise.

Panoramic sunroof....again, I am not a huge fan of these. Not sure why but I feel they are more hype than anything...costly to replace and sure Insurance Co take those in consideration.

Finally, not sure why but it appears Acura Canada offers more once again. On my TL, they offer the headlight washers, free service for 25 months. Now on the RDX, HID are standard and so are fog lights. Mind you, we pay for it but I digress
Old 04-10-2012, 08:19 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
Finally, not sure why but it appears Acura Canada offers more once again. On my TL, they offer the headlight washers, free service for 25 months. Now on the RDX, HID are standard and so are fog lights. Mind you, we pay for it but I digress
Weather, you surely are right about us paying MUCH MORE for the same vehicle up here in Canada!!! LOL! So we surely deserve a few more "perks" LOL!
Old 04-11-2012, 03:56 PM
big shot.

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
went by the dealer a few times.

My overall impression, now having owned a 2012 TL for almost a year is, is that the 2013 RDX is basically the CUV version of a TL, but still not as "nice" on the inside with a higher amount of plastics and still no rear HVAC.

I find the design pretty underwhelming in person, the lines over the fenders sometimes remind me that im looking at my TL. On the outside, I really dont see a resemblance of a 40k looking vehicle. Best addition is the new chrome work, worst addition is the god awful woven fog light covers that are loose plastic. Best value is the base model, after that, cant think of a reason not to buy an MDX if spending the RDX AWD TECH price, other than size. That said, a new MDX is in the works for myself. I think the RDX prices itself out of competition when its fully loaded, even though it may be cheaper than others at 41k, the few thousand gap between itself and its german or japan friends feels even bigger with the 2013 RDX. the new RDX feels old out of the box, everything about it already feels and looks dated and soft.

Take care.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:04 PM
big shot.

oh, and the electric steering, which basically BLOWS across the entire Acura line up, is god awful in the RDX as well. Gone is one of the 1st gens best attributes not only for Acura, but in the CUV segment as well.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Suzuka Master

MMike1981...While I can appreciate your constructive criticism about the RDX, and I agree with you on some aspect (i.e. fog light assembly and how the RDX is a TL CUV), I also disagree on the fact that the RDX AWD tech is priced very closely to an MDX. Here in Canada, a MDX SH-AWD TECH is listed at 58 190$ (and the Elite at 62 890$) so comparing tech for tech, that is a difference of 14 200$ Even if Acura Canada is offering incentive for CASH purchase, keeping everything on par, its a fairly significant difference and maybe the reason Acura decided to leave the SH-AWD out to make the new RDX not get too close in price point with the MDX.

I do like the interior of the MDX as it looks a bit more upscale, but exterior wise, I like the RDX better (with the exception of straight head on view where the MDX is better). I do not like the wood interior of MDX as well so for me, that is one plus of the RDX interior over the MDX.

Again, you make some great points and in the US, the point that I am pointing out may not apply but at least you can see why for me, in Canada, it made some sense to go for the RDX. Especially with the fuel efficiency the cylinder de-activation may create over the MDX. Now I am sure that the revised MDX next year will make me regret my RDX but I will deal with my depression then *lol*
Old 04-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Advanced

Here is my take on it. My wife looked at a bunch of vehicles and here is why we chose the RDX and not the others.

Audi Q5-This was the closest competition. I preferred the interior as well as the styling over the RDX. I had a VW GTI so I'm familiar with the engine(2.0). It wasn't a rocket in the GTI and is even less so in the Q5. I liked the ride and the power of the RDX over the Q5. I also question the reliability of all VW/Audi. With the 2.0 and the premium plus package you're looking at about $42K. Even with dealing you're not going to get them under $40K. I think $40K for a 210 horsepower small SUV is just too much money. Once you get in that $40K amount, your options really open up.

BMW x3-Wife hated the interior. Didn't drive.

CRV-we've owned one before and was happy with it. Wife thought it was too much like the rogue and somewhat boring. We both agreed that the rdx was worth the extra money.

Murano-We were happy with the roque but the murano seemed very dated inside. The wife wanted something new and different.

Last edited by buzzdsm; 04-11-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Buzzdsm....Which color did you guys decide on? Tech or non tech and AWD? I am awaiting the arrival of my White AWD tech....
Old 04-11-2012, 07:35 PM
Advanced

Buzzdsm....Which color did you guys decide on? Tech or non tech and AWD? I am awaiting the arrival of my White AWD tech....
Black non-tech. See pics above
Old 04-11-2012, 07:42 PM
Suzuka Master

*blushing* My apologies...I should have looked at your post more carefully! I had noticed the pics before and already commented on them. I just didn't put the two together. I hate getting old *lol*
Old 04-12-2012, 10:27 PM
big shot.

actually, the addition that totally grossed me out was the completely odd, weird and UGLY rippled side bolsters in the front seats. WTF is that about? It really through me through a loop, looks real cheap and just wayyyyy out of place. Anyone notice it yet?
Old 04-13-2012, 12:08 PM
Advanced

Buzzdsm thanks for the pics... do you have any pics of bleow the 5" lcd or a zoomed out front interior shot? also of the exterior front... want to check out how it looks with no fogs.

thanks
Old 04-13-2012, 01:10 PM
Advanced

OK...so we waited on our car decision until the RDX was out and we could drive it. We did...and while the engine and driving experence was very positive, our biggest fault was with the interior details (which I preface...are totally subjective).

I felt that the RDX interior while much improved and upgraded, just fell short of what I would call a luxury experience. I don't like the center stack hanging like a saggy diaper over the center console....I much prefer a sweeping execution like that in the TL or MDX. To me that separation/overhang...just reminds me of a cheaper Honda style.

I also think there were a few more corners trimmed (likely to keep it clearly positioned under the MDX) including rear vents etc.

However, I think the engine and driving performance are in line if not better than the V6 and turbo 4's of Audi Q5 and X3. And I am sure the reliability is there.

So after a brief insanity moment where we looked at the ZDX (still love the looks but hate the performance)...we decided against the RDX and bought a 2012 TL with Tech. The 2000+ cash to dealer incentive + loyalty and overall agressive pricing on the vehicle made it a no brainer...and the interior just feels like what a $40K car should be.

I think the RDX is a wonderful car...and I will be curious to watch how they tweak it over the next few model years...my feedback to Acura would be to get that interior just a bit closer to the beautiful MDX...and you'll be taking orders for these like crazy.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by colberto
I don't like the center stack hanging like a saggy diaper over the center console....I much prefer a sweeping execution like that in the TL or MDX.
*LMAO* You gotta love the way people find very vivid description on how they view vehicles

Now I will say that you made an excellent choice with the TL SH-AWD tech....being an owner of one, you will love the interior and especially at night! I am not getting rid of the TL and for me, the 2013 RDX will be the daily driver when the weather is shitty....the baby will remain the TL
Old 04-13-2012, 07:42 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
Originally Posted by colberto
OK...so we waited on our car decision until the RDX was out and we could drive it. We did...and while the engine and driving experence was very positive, our biggest fault was with the interior details (which I preface...are totally subjective).

I felt that the RDX interior while much improved and upgraded, just fell short of what I would call a luxury experience. I don't like the center stack hanging like a saggy diaper over the center console....I much prefer a sweeping execution like that in the TL or MDX. To me that separation/overhang...just reminds me of a cheaper Honda style.

I also think there were a few more corners trimmed (likely to keep it clearly positioned under the MDX) including rear vents etc.

However, I think the engine and driving performance are in line if not better than the V6 and turbo 4's of Audi Q5 and X3. And I am sure the reliability is there.

So after a brief insanity moment where we looked at the ZDX (still love the looks but hate the performance)...we decided against the RDX and bought a 2012 TL with Tech. The 2000+ cash to dealer incentive + loyalty and overall agressive pricing on the vehicle made it a no brainer...and the interior just feels like what a $40K car should be.

I think the RDX is a wonderful car...and I will be curious to watch how they tweak it over the next few model years...my feedback to Acura would be to get that interior just a bit closer to the beautiful MDX...and you'll be taking orders for these like crazy.
Your review is pretty identical to my views. From the moment I saw the center stack hanging there, it was probably my most-hated interior feature. Then after test driving it, the steering may have been what I hated the most. The electric steering made it feel like I was driving a toy. Of course, I hated the 4G TL with a passion because of its grille initially, too, and they fixed that. The only reason I'm not jumping on a 4G TL (which I've come to realize is the best of all worlds for me right now after hating it initially) like you did is because I feel I may have buyer's remorse with a 5G almost around the corner. But who knows, I may break down and buy the 4G in a few months.

I still like the new RDX, but I'm not sure if there's value there when I compare it to something like a *gasp* Ford Edge can be optioned similarly or even beyond it for around the same price or less, I believe. I also believe for around the same price, the TL is a steal in comparison unless you absolutely need the cargo space of the RDX.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:26 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Rocketsfan
The only reason I'm not jumping on a 4G TL (which I've come to realize is the best of all worlds for me right now after hating it initially) like you did is because I feel I may have buyer's remorse with a 5G almost around the corner. But who knows, I may break down and buy the 4G in a few months.

I still like the new RDX, but I'm not sure if there's value there when I compare it to something like a *gasp* Ford Edge can be optioned similarly or even beyond it for around the same price or less, I believe. I also believe for around the same price, the TL is a steal in comparison unless you absolutely need the cargo space of the RDX.
I wouldn't wait if you really like the current TL. There is no guarantee that you will like the 5th generation and even if you liked certain aspect of the 5th Generation when it comes out, if you like the 2012, that will not go away. I have bought my 2012 last spring and my lease will come to an end of the spring of 2014 so that means the 5th generation will have been out for 6 months or so and will put me in the driver seat on whether I want the 2014 model TLX or the RLX if it looks good in person with real wheels and not like the hideous attrocity the concept came out with

You will not regret the 2012 TL....It is an amazing machine and incredibly fun to drive. It has a gorgeous interior and the SH-AWD is outstanding so don't hold off too long if you want it.

I am looking forward to test drive the RDX and see if the steering feel is as bad as what people say it is. I am not looking for an RDX with razor edge steering feel as this is what my TL is for (with its SH-AWD). For me, the RDX is a vehicle to provide me a nice ride, nice interior amenities that my RAV4 doesn't have and I like the fact that where I live, Acura vehicles are very rare so you drive something fairly exclusive unlike the Rav4.
Old 04-14-2012, 01:51 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
And after saying all that garbage above, I decided to stop by another Acura dealer since I happened to be near one today while getting my hair cut. And despite all the garbage I said above, you know what? I'm starting to like this thing ... LOLOL.

Here's why : at some point, while sitting in this vehicle today, I realized, I can't find a vehicle that's perfect for me, but this vehicle nails all my "must haves" better than pretty much any other vehicle in its class.

weather, I don't LOVE the TL or I would've jumped all over it by now. I do like it, however. I can wait until next year for a new vehicle as long as my current one doesn't start giving me tons of problems. I'm in no hurry. I'm also waiting to see/test drive a Cadillac ATS as well. The other thing I'm hoping to do if I decide on the RDX is wait for dealers to start dealing on them a bit. I basically paid sticker for my 3G TL and told myself I wouldn't do that again.

You got a white RDX, correct? I'm thinking about checking a white one out either today or next weekend. This vehicle looks pretty good in multiple colors.
Old 04-14-2012, 02:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Rocketsfan
You got a white RDX, correct? I'm thinking about checking a white one out either today or next weekend. This vehicle looks pretty good in multiple colors.
Hey...Well, in theory yes (White Diamond Pearl with ebony interior - Tech AWD)). I don't have it yet but the dealer has it on order with an ETA of late April early May. I know what you are saying about paying full sticker price, it can be annoying but at the same time, for me, a thousand here or a thousand there is not worth missing out on the things I love. LIfe is too short *lol* I did manage to get a good deal on my RDX (1k off MSRP, cargo tray, locking wheel nuts, steel rims for winter tires and 0.25% financing) so I jumped on the opportunity

Last edited by weather; 04-14-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:06 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ikkoku
Buzzdsm thanks for the pics... do you have any pics of bleow the 5" lcd or a zoomed out front interior shot? also of the exterior front... want to check out how it looks with no fogs.

thanks

Imust be blind... pls disregard
Old 04-16-2012, 09:37 AM
Advanced

I don't remember which post where someone mentioned wind noise but here is what I can tell you:

This weekend Iowa received some pretty big storms. The wind was blowing up to 60 mph at times. I took the RDX out on the interstate and was driving about 80mph and I'd say the wind at that time was about 30-40mph and I didn't hear a bit of wind noise regardless of which direction I drove. The wind was strong enough that the semi's were slowing down and the gusts would move you.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:02 PM
8th Gear

picked up Red/Beige FWD Tech over the weekend from Hall Acura in VA Beach. Love the color and car. Will post pics soon.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:20 PM
Mademoiselle Chanel!!

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
Sweet vehicle, they aren't staying at the dealerships to long...at least here in Augusta, GA...SOLD just about as fast as they come in...wow.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:03 PM
Advanced

I found a new video with some good shots of the accessory wheels. I wish my local dealer would put these on one so I could see what they look like in person.

The following users liked this post:
HotRodW (04-16-2012)
Old 04-16-2012, 09:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 180 Posts
The accessory wheels are a big improvement over the standard alloys, but they aren't cheap.

Quick Reply: 2013 Pics