Wondering How Many...?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 11:58 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wondering How Many...?

Hey guys/gals,

Well many of you prolly saw my last thread i posted in regards to whether or not i should keep my 01 CL-S or go ahead and trade it in for the TL due to my need for more space. Well it turns out there was a misunderstanding on my Dad's part when he was saying it would be paid for. I didn't even think to calculate it in my head myself. So i was thinking that it would be paid off next year around this time... Instead... it looks like it'll be around the beginning of 2008!!! Which would mean i financed the car for 4 yrs. 1) I was thinking it was 3 1/2... 2) i was thinking that i had already had it for 2 years... When in actuality i've only had it a year and a half. So as you all may know this brings up A WHOLE LOT MORE OF QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS!!!

I guess my main concern is whether or not i should get rid of it now, wait a lil bit and try and trade it in or just keep it until my payoff year comes? I'm almost positive that by the time it's paid off, my extended warranty would be gone or very close to being invalid. And from all the tranny problems if that were to go bad and the warranty is up, i definitely wouldn't even consider keeping it anyway. So i guess the question is when is a good time to get rid of it and if that's a good option to do? Also for those of you who have 01 CL's are you planning on keeping it once it's paid off and get something else, or are you definitely going to trade it in on whatever you get next and get rid of it? Also have any of you fell into this category where you have traded it in before you have paid it off and basically what were your reasons?

Thanks for all the help guys... I really appreciate it.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:50 AM
Racer

my dad is going to give it to me after he pays it off, i'm going to do a complete rebuld, a custom turbo set up and for the auto trans, i got a guy here that is the best in the world, he will rebuild it for me and it will last, i mean he can fix the cooling problems by milling new circuits in the trans itself, hes really good.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:25 AM
09 TL SH-AWD

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dudes... grow up, get a job, move out and stop using "my mom this...", "my dad that..." on the forum that's just not cool start making your own decisions, maybe that'll help to grow up.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:36 AM
Racer

buddy you have no clue, i said my dad is going to give it to me when he gets bored with it and that will come when he pays it off, next i already have 2 cars and I am moved out. and you are only 4 years older then me so stick it where the light don't shine, what gives you the right to tell me to grow up you don't even know me, and seeing as your not grown up yourself i would lay off, and next buddy i worked hard for the things i have, more then you can imagin so if my dad says here have this car i'm not going to say no, i'm going to tak it.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:38 PM
Racer

First of all, you guys are getting totally off subject with this thread and topic. Secondly, belcom.... you're acting like a total DICK!!!!!
**** TO THE MODERATORS*****:

I apologize for my choice of wording and i hope it's not taken as being inappropriate. If it is then i sincerely apologize for it. Belcom has no reason at all to suggest anything to anybody about growing up b/c he doesn't even know us as CivicKing said.

Now back to you Belcom... What gives you the right to tell us to grow up and get a job, etc... You don't know me. I never once said how my dad was paying for anything. I just simply said i thought it would be paid off next year. I pay my own car notes, etc... And i have a job. And i'm willing to bet it's better than yours. I work for Cisco Systems!!!! So you have no right to tell me to grow up and get a job!

You have completely taken this thread that i started out of content and context. I'm just trying to get some sound information on what you guys think i should do given my situation and you're crying about growing up. You're the one that needs to grow up by you making the comments that you made. I'd appreciate it if you didn't post anything else in this thread. I'd love it if i wouldn't have to see your name in any thread PERIOD!!! But when i come back to check my replies to this one, i understand that i'll have to see your little name on the side and your immature and ignorant comment you made.

Can someone with educated and helpful responses, Please reply to my concern.

Thank You!!!
Old 07-09-2005, 01:05 PM
something witty

Originally Posted by belcom
dudes... grow up, get a job, move out and stop using "my mom this...", "my dad that..." on the forum that's just not cool start making your own decisions, maybe that'll help to grow up.
He's asking for advice, not someone to be condescending about his situation.

Old 07-09-2005, 01:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
You are such a fag. The guy is asking for advice, no need to flame him for nothing. Who the fuck are you to tell us what is "cool" on a forum? Stop acting like a moron noob. And I can't believe your 24, I thought you were in high school based on your response.....

Old 07-09-2005, 05:15 PM
Cosmic Cowboy

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
ac2001cls......
very mature and intelligent comeback response

just my
Old 07-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Cosmic Cowboy

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
ac2001cls......
a very mature and intelligent comeback response from you

just my
Old 07-09-2005, 09:56 PM
09 TL SH-AWD

oh shit, we are so sensitive...
Old 07-09-2005, 10:51 PM
09 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by ac2001cls
First of all, you guys are getting totally off subject with this thread and topic. Secondly, belcom.... you're acting like a total DICK!!!!!
**** TO THE MODERATORS*****:

I apologize for my choice of wording and i hope it's not taken as being inappropriate. If it is then i sincerely apologize for it. Belcom has no reason at all to suggest anything to anybody about growing up b/c he doesn't even know us as CivicKing said.

Now back to you Belcom... What gives you the right to tell us to grow up and get a job, etc... You don't know me. I never once said how my dad was paying for anything. I just simply said i thought it would be paid off next year. I pay my own car notes, etc... And i have a job. And i'm willing to bet it's better than yours. I work for Cisco Systems!!!! So you have no right to tell me to grow up and get a job!

You have completely taken this thread that i started out of content and context. I'm just trying to get some sound information on what you guys think i should do given my situation and you're crying about growing up. You're the one that needs to grow up by you making the comments that you made. I'd appreciate it if you didn't post anything else in this thread. I'd love it if i wouldn't have to see your name in any thread PERIOD!!! But when i come back to check my replies to this one, i understand that i'll have to see your little name on the side and your immature and ignorant comment you made.

Can someone with educated and helpful responses, Please reply to my concern.

Thank You!!!

so maybe I assumed you were an 18 year old, big deal... get over it. your "little" insults towards me... not gonna comment, you were unhappy, I understand. your job, well... that's great. depends on what you do there though... I'm also in IT, but there is a fat chance that you have it better than me. anyway I was tired and assumed a couple things and commented, maybe I was wrong... but damn

synth19...
and that's an extemely "mature" fag comment you just made........... you can flame all you want, I just don't give a flying fuck about what YOU have to say.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:18 PM
Instructor

cant we all jus get along ppl
Old 07-10-2005, 12:44 AM
Racer

g1underground...

Thanks for the compliment. That's the grown and mature way to handle immature people such as him! You see how he's trying to turn it around on everyone else now...talking about us being sensitive!! And belcom there you go again assuming stuff. "But there's a fat chance i have it better than you b/c i'm also in IT"! Again you don't know how i got it. Learn to just keep your mouth shut regarding some topics b/c clearly you've totally missed the boat over the last day! People these days are a trip.

So i guess in light of all this chaios, we won't be able to get back on topic here as to why i originally posted this thread and be able to get some help from the people here that actually is willing to help. If so, i do appreciate it.
Old 07-10-2005, 01:48 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ac2001cls
Hey guys/gals,

Well many of you prolly saw my last thread i posted in regards to whether or not i should keep my 01 CL-S or go ahead and trade it in for the TL due to my need for more space. Well it turns out there was a misunderstanding on my Dad's part when he was saying it would be paid for. I didn't even think to calculate it in my head myself. So i was thinking that it would be paid off next year around this time... Instead... it looks like it'll be around the beginning of 2008!!! Which would mean i financed the car for 4 yrs. 1) I was thinking it was 3 1/2... 2) i was thinking that i had already had it for 2 years... When in actuality i've only had it a year and a half. So as you all may know this brings up A WHOLE LOT MORE OF QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS!!!

I guess my main concern is whether or not i should get rid of it now, wait a lil bit and try and trade it in or just keep it until my payoff year comes? I'm almost positive that by the time it's paid off, my extended warranty would be gone or very close to being invalid. And from all the tranny problems if that were to go bad and the warranty is up, i definitely wouldn't even consider keeping it anyway. So i guess the question is when is a good time to get rid of it and if that's a good option to do? Also for those of you who have 01 CL's are you planning on keeping it once it's paid off and get something else, or are you definitely going to trade it in on whatever you get next and get rid of it? Also have any of you fell into this category where you have traded it in before you have paid it off and basically what were your reasons?

Thanks for all the help guys... I really appreciate it.
Well IMO I would recommend keeping the car until it's paid off. For reason being is so that when you get the TL you don't have this finance sum deducted from your trade-in value. If your going to keep it just make sure you take care of the car by having everything done up to date and you should be fine. Like me I own a 2001 and my warranty just expired a week ago but yet I still don't care because I know my car will last as long as I take care of it like it should be.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:42 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
I never claimed to be mature, nor do I care if YOU give a "flying fuck" about what I have to say. The bottom line is you're a retard. You flamed a guy for no particular reason. Don't make assumptions and then post later on in that thread that you were "tired." Own up to your shit. And as far as you not caring, nigga please. Why even then acknowledge me.

synth19...
and that's an extemely "mature" fag comment you just made........... you can flame all you want, I just don't give a flying fuck about what YOU have to say.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:39 AM
Suzuka Master

knock the crap off in here or else I coming back to dish out beatings. :smitler:
Old 07-10-2005, 05:12 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

Old 07-10-2005, 11:41 PM
Racer

Racersky...Thanks for the comment and your input. Yea i know Acura is known for their quality, etc... From day one that's all i've owned (Honda/Acura) 92 Prelude > 98 Prelude > 99 3.0 CL > 01 CL-S. And i plan on sticking w/ Acura for awhile. So i definitely understand what you're saying. However, i guess i was speaking more so in terms of the transmission going out. I've read a lot of posts here about how after they got it replaced, there was only a certain amount of miles and it was being replaced again. Thats why i was like if my warranty is out and it decides to go out again i would be up the creek!

But the way i see it is i'm going to have to need something bigger when my son is with me because there is absolutely noooo room at all. I honestly wasn't going to sweat it at first because i really didn't think a carseat would take up that much room, even though it's a 2 door car but boy was i wrong!!! My fiancee naturally sits back there with him in the back seat and she's even crunched up and can't stretch out and get comfortable. I'm going to try and hold out as long as i can because i definitely know that they're going to hit me in the head w/ my trade in value and in order to pay off my current loan, etc... Maybe by the end of this year i'll try and add a lil extra to the payments to make it come down somemore so atleast it'll be a lil less than what it would normally be.

This thought had popped into my mind as far as keeping my CL and continuing to make payments on it, however, going on ahead like around the end of the year and LEASING a TL! What do you guys think about that? Other than the fact i would be spending money outta my TAIL! But i was thinking that my payments for the lease wouldn't be as much at all b/c i could possibly get the lowest amt of mileage per year and for a 4 or 5 year lease period in order to make the payments not as high. And i wouldn't have to worry about going over my mileage b/c i would still have my CL-S.

What do you guys/gals think about that? Sooo sorry for this long post!!! :-(
Old 07-11-2005, 12:08 PM
Racer

sounds like a good idea if you have the money, keep the tl for the family and use the cl for everything else you need to do.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:20 PM
Team Owner

Received 598 Likes on 416 Posts
First of all....to the guys knocking someone asking for advise....you should be ashamed of yourself.

ac2001cls: I would still trade it in or sell it. Especially based on your needs. I know that if and when I have kids, I'll either get another car for the family or trade in the CL.

If you are selling it to a non-dealer, you will usually need to purchase the car out right from the financing company if the buyer is planning on financing it. If this is not done, you cannot get the title for the car, and selling it will be a pain in the ass. Most financing companies don't like to do "third party" financing.

If you trade it in, the dealership should be able to handle a lot of this for you. But you will probably not get as much for your car.