Installing subs in a 2001 acura CL...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 08:47 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing subs in a 2001 acura CL...

Hey guys, this will be my first time ever installing subs.. I have the MTX terminators and I also bought a aftermarket radio. if anyone could explain to me how to get the factory radio out I would really appreciate it I cannot find a video on youtube for the CL 2001.. Anybody have any problems with this? and if you have any video links please please link me! Don't wanna mess anything up.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:12 PM
White as night.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://metraonline.com/files/products/INST99-7868.pdf

It's so easy that one time a thief took their time and did the procedure as described in the link above, left no damage except a missing headunit.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:08 AM
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuraMaki
Hey guys, this will be my first time ever installing subs.. I have the MTX terminators and I also bought a aftermarket radio. if anyone could explain to me how to get the factory radio out I would really appreciate it I cannot find a video on youtube for the CL 2001.. Anybody have any problems with this? and if you have any video links please please link me! Don't wanna mess anything up.
much easier to use the stock deck and just splice into the amps harness in the trunk....find a wiring diagram on here and just get the signal right before it hits the amp (the amplified signals are for highs) i cut an rca in half wired the left to one rca and the right to the other and instant boom in 20 mins. I use bluetooth for all music so I use an eq and a volume booster. Im running two kicker 12" CVRs with a zx 1000.1 amp. I did install 100amp inline fuses and a 130amp breaker by the battery.