I'm stuck in a LaserWash and I can't get out! LOL!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2001, 06:53 PM
Adult Supervision

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm stuck in a LaserWash and I can't get out! LOL!

Okay, so I went to the LaserWash today to wash the ole CLS. Paid my $7 for the undercarriage and regular wash - paid by credit card - cool.

Waited for the green light and the garage doors (front and rear) open for entry. Proceeded in a as usual. Forgot to go slow on entry (as usual) and missed the under-carriage wash - you see those sprayers are under the car as you drive in - so I back up and come in again - it works reasonable well.

Car wash proceeds as normal but as I am finishing the wash, the front garage door comes down and then the dryer starts up.

Usually you drive through the dryer slowly as you exit the garage and that dries it. Now I can't - the doors are closed - so I drive forward some, thinking that the door will open. Nope. The dryer reaches the front of the car but the doors still don't open. I'm stuck. What now?

The sprayers, which are now somewhat behind me, start up again wetting the back of the car and some of the front. Nice, now the car is wet again. The dryer stops. And nothing happens.

So I get out of the car, fully expecting the sprayers to come on and soak me. I walk towards the door and then suddenly I trip the motion sensor of the door and is raises up. Out I scoot and I'm free! I'm not sure that the car is a whole lot cleaner but it was an interesting experience.

Sorry for the long post, but it was pretty funny at the time.

------------------
MikeS 18
'01 CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment with Nav, Spoiler, door guards, wood trim kit, fender guards, PIAA 19169 & Platinum 9005, V1, trunk tray, winter mats, Salt Coat Finish by Mass DOT

[This message has been edited by MikeS 18 (edited 01-04-2001).]
Old 01-04-2001, 06:56 PM
Suzuka Master

hehe

it would be even funnier to see you climbing out of the sunroof

------------------
- Kvit -
2001 CL-P Blue Sub 6
*Polarg BlHybrid M-6 Road lamps
*Polarg BlHybrid M-14 Turning Signal/M-4 Side Markers next
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...725&a=10358832
Old 01-04-2001, 06:59 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
I would NEVER go to any car wash ! I do my own ! PERIOD ! Those places screw your paint job ! Your lucky you got out alive !

------------------
2001 CL Type S Black/Ebony w/NAVI
1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6
Black Currant Pearl
Old 01-04-2001, 07:05 PM
Racer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fabvsix:
I would NEVER go to any car wash ! I do my own ! PERIOD ! Those places screw your paint job ! Your lucky you got out alive !
</font>
He's in Mass, you are in CA. Nuf said.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red / Parchment
non-nav - wheel locks - splash guards
Old 01-04-2001, 07:41 PM
Instructor

The laser washes are completely touchless and are the best alternative for us living in the salted climates. The work reasonably well, not as good as the "touching" washes, but those things f*** your paint up something fierce.

------------------
2001 3.2CL-S San Marino Red/Ebony, Non-nav, Bone Stock

<A HREF="http://rrw.d2g.com" TARGET=_blank>The Red Rocket
</A>
Old 01-04-2001, 07:59 PM
Adult Supervision

The one I found has a place where the wheel sits so that you are located in the right place. It is only on the left front tire and is about 2 feet wide so you can navigate it with no fear of the dreaded wheel scratch syndrome. The car don't shine, but the crude and salt comes off.

------------------
MikeS 18
'01 CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment with Nav, Spoiler, door guards, wood trim kit, fender guards, PIAA 19169 & Platinum 9005, V1, trunk tray, winter mats, Salt Coat Finish by Mass DOT
Old 01-04-2001, 08:08 PM