Goodbye Beloved ACURA CL TypeS, R, X, Y, P, Q,...whatever

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2002, 08:31 PM
6SPDCLS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Goodbye Beloved ACURA CL TypeS, R, X, Y, P, Q,...whatever

Shit, it's definitely OVER FOR THE ACURA CLs. With the release of the 2003 Honda Accord and priced way under a loaded CL Type S, I think HONDA just backstabbed ACURA big time.

Features of the Accord:
=================
Dual Climate Control
VOICE ACTIVATED NAVI + HVAC:

NAVI is remote controllable from the rear passenger!!!!
*7-inch screen (1-inch larger);

*Faster route calculation and search speed (up to 3 times faster);

*Touch by Voice human voice recognition system minimizes need for keyboard entry (new feature);

*A more comprehensive destination guide with seven million points of interest (previously 3.7 million). As before, it provides a business and recreation directory of virtually the entire continental United States complete with local addresses and business phone numbers. Categories include restaurants (searchable by type of cuisine), lodging, shopping, airports, hospitals, recreation areas and much more;

*3-D turn-by-turn graphics for freeways (previously 2-D);

*Enhanced split screen mode for additional route information (new feature);

*Touch by Voice linked to audio and HVAC systems (new feature);

*Day/Night visualization modes with user-selectable screen appearance; and

*Enhanced menus and improved surface street mapping (new layout).

*Turn by turn voice guidance in either male or female voice (and can be turned off at any time);

*Destination memory recalls current trip addresses and previous destinations; and

*Trip Computer, calendar and calculator with English to metric number converter.

HEATED SEATS
AUTO TILT SIDE MIRROR
HEATED SEATS
AUTO SEAT MOVING FORWARD by releasing latch
3 fuggin' AIRBAGS: front, side, curtain!!!

The new remote is also simple to use. A single push of the "unlock" button unlocks the driver's door. A second push unlocks all the doors. Push the unlock button down again for more than one second continuously, and all the power windows begin to lower, an added feature for '03 that is particularly useful for hot, sunny days. Release the button, and the windows stop. Similar functions can be accomplished with the ignition key inserted in the door lock. Like previous models, turn the key to the unlock position once and the driver's door unlocks.

Return it to the normal position and then back to the unlock position and all the doors unlock. In addition for '03, hold the key in the unlock position for more than one second and the windows start to open, until you return the key to the normal position.

The key can also close the windows while in the driver's door lock. A single turn to the locked position will again lock all the doors. For '03, a return to the normal position followed by a turn to the lock position closes the windows. Any time the key is returned to the normal position, the windows stop.

======================
BEGIN RANT:

WHERE THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT ON MY 2003 CLS 6 speeder that I just traded my 2k1 in for??????????!!!!!! Man, I swear THIS IS MY LAST FUCKING ACURA CAR (except for the NSX). This is so freakin' gay....

Peace...

Old 07-30-2002, 08:35 PM
Banned

that blows, but the ladys dont kno the difference. they love our acuras, i get blow jobs for having a cl. take a chill pill, let me kno if u want a blow job, i'll tell one of my girlies u have a 6speed
Old 07-30-2002, 08:40 PM
6SPDCLS

Originally posted by oce01acura32cl
that blows, but the ladys dont kno the difference. they love our acuras, i get blow jobs for having a cl. take a chill pill, let me kno if u want a blow job, i'll tell one of my girlies u have a 6speed
Thanks for the offer dude...shiet, I can use one of those blow jobs right now...I'm so pissed...I initially chose to purchase an ACURA ( A C U R A) because it is something special and is distinguishable from a HONDA. Now after hearing about this new 6 speed optional v6 accord coupe producing 240HP and having all these new features...it just kills my anus cause I just traded in my 2k1 for the 2k3 CLS just to know all the new features are going to be incorporated into the new 2k3 HONDA ACCORD!!!...with the super aftermarket support for the accord, I know for sure now that the ACURA CLS is no longer going to be the shet AND the car will no doubt be DISCONTINUED.

Jesus, I know it's for competition with other manufacturers but come on, this is a slap in the face for ACURA and I'm totally not going to buy an ACURA when I can get the same shet in a HONDA!

super ghey!
Old 07-30-2002, 08:41 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Just WAIT FOR THAT NEW "4 DOOR" SEDAN (TLS) COMMING ! Don't you guys want a "4" door TL s ?????????????????????????? It will have all those bells and whistles.............................THANKS, BUT NO THANKS, I'll keep my 2001 CLS !
Old 07-30-2002, 08:45 PM
Team Owner

Since when did this become the HONDA ACCORD Forum ???
Don’t we already have TEN threads on this?

Shawn S

PS…Soopa,
We need you to create another Forum section called “I hate my CL”
Old 07-30-2002, 08:50 PM
6SPDCLS

Originally posted by Shawn S
Since when did this become the HONDA ACCORD Forum ???
Don’t we already have TEN threads on this?

Shawn S

PS…Soopa,
We need you to create another Forum section called “I hate my CL”
Yo Shawn, I don't hate my CLS...I just hate HONDA for doing that shit to ACURA. I would not be so upset IF they threw all this good stuff on my 2k3 6-speeder.

But then again, it is JUST A HONDA. And I know EVERYONE on the block who can afford it will buy it. I'm not unhappy about my CLS at all...just wish HONDA wouldn't make so many fucking lame decisions ON THE ACCORD when they can throw all this good shit on the CLS. I guess from DAY 1, no one really liked the CL enough to gain mod support and finally there is a very very high possibility that the CLS will be DISCONTINUED....

Jesus, what luck I have....sucks.
Old 07-30-2002, 10:05 PM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
who is going to pay 27K for a Honda Accord? I think that is a mistake!!
Old 07-30-2002, 10:29 PM
Racer

Who cares? The new Accord is fugly anyway.
Old 07-31-2002, 12:14 PM
Do it! U Only Live Once!

I can't believe all you guys giving up on Acura like this. You should be saying "Wow, I wonder what Acura is up to, to maintain their flag ship status." I wouldn't through Acura under the bus just yet.
Old 07-31-2002, 12:31 PM
Duck Fuke!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LOOK..............there's a dead horse, lets go beat on it
Old 07-31-2002, 12:45 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally posted by DDT-TypeS

...it just kills my anus .....

Old 07-31-2002, 12:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

Wow, I wonder what Acura is up to, to maintain their flag ship status.
Old 07-31-2002, 12:46 PM
Unregistered Member

I dunno..... even if they kill the CL, I'd bet the next generation TL is gonna have all that stuff and more!
Old 07-31-2002, 12:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally posted by jts1207
LOOK..............there's a dead horse, lets go beat on it
hahah LOL. Same thing I was thinking....

Old 07-31-2002, 01:06 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally posted by Loseit
People are paying that for the Maximas and Camrys. Why not?

But seriously, the Accord is no where close to the league of the CL. No way...

Ours drives better, handles better, LOOKS better, and is faster.

So the CL gets killed off. Shit happens... My car is still under warranty for another 6.5 years and will still kick ass until the day I get rid of it!
Old 07-31-2002, 01:55 PM
Meat Popsicle

Wow. I think that it is kind of nice that Honda can get the Acura content into its newer Honda cars. That way, I am fairly assured that the 2005 ( or whatever ) Acuras will have that mush more to offer when I am in the market.

If you are buying the cars so that they are best on the street, get used to buying them every other year, because the makers are in a HP and feature war in the premium car segment. If it bugs you that somebody else has a better car than you, then you proably have issues that trancend this forum and car talk in general.
Old 07-31-2002, 04:11 PM
Race Director

Wow, I wonder what Acura is up to, to maintain their flag ship status.
Old 07-31-2002, 07:49 PM
Drifting

when is it comin out?
Old 07-31-2002, 10:16 PM
whoXwanXsum

Originally posted by Loseit
u said it ma man! EXACTLY very nice post. FUCK THAT GOD DAMNED ACCORD I DONT GIVE A SHIT WHAT IT HAS. DDT, i feel u brother i'd be mad if i traded my 01 for an 03 only to hear this but hey u drive and acura not a honda. all this just means is the next gen cl-tl is gonna be one bad mo-fo and i cant wait!
Old 08-01-2002, 10:00 AM
Unregistered Member

Re: Goodbye Beloved ACURA CL TypeS, R, X, Y, P, Q,...whatever

Originally posted by DDT-TypeS

*A more comprehensive destination guide with seven million points of interest (previously 3.7 million). As before, it provides a business and recreation directory of virtually the entire continental United States complete with local addresses and business phone numbers. Categories include restaurants (searchable by type of cuisine), lodging, shopping, airports, hospitals, recreation areas and much more;

This would be included in the DVD, no? So you can expect to get the same upgrades here.

*Day/Night visualization modes with user-selectable screen appearance;

The current system has day/night mode. The screen dims when your headlights are on, or when you manually dim it. What is different about the "new" system?

*Enhanced menus and improved surface street mapping (new layout).

Again, part of the software, right?

*Turn by turn voice guidance in either male or female voice (and can be turned off at any time);

No big deal. I like the female voice and would never change it to a male voice anyway.

*Destination memory recalls current trip addresses and previous destinations;

Is it automatic? Because you can very easily save any destination that you choose with the current system.

Old 08-01-2002, 10:11 AM
whoXwanXsum

Re: Re: Goodbye Beloved ACURA CL TypeS, R, X, Y, P, Q,...whatever

Originally posted by Tom2
Old 08-01-2002, 11:00 AM

Why so much hate to the Accord, and the CL-S is based on the Accord? This is weird.
Old 08-01-2002, 02:44 PM
6SPDCLS

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Why so much hate to the Accord, and the CL-S is based on the Accord? This is weird.
Well, after a few days of cooling off, I don't think I have bad feelings against Honda...I like my car enough to not give a shit about others. shiet, I guess it's just like your woman...if you go out with a girl for X number of years, how can you just drop her and go for something "upgraded?"

I hope there are some new software upgrades..but I highly doubt the new software will work with our current NAVI system..I guess my biggest gripe is the DUAL CLIMATE CONTROL...when those eurofugs already have them in their car STANDARD..even a 94 BMW 318is has up/down windows ON BOTH driver/passenger side AND dual climate control...about time for honda!
Old 08-01-2002, 02:48 PM
6SPDCLS

Originally posted by dbox

u said it ma man! EXACTLY very nice post. FUCK THAT GOD DAMNED ACCORD I DONT GIVE A SHIT WHAT IT HAS. DDT, i feel u brother i'd be mad if i traded my 01 for an 03 only to hear this but hey u drive and acura not a honda. all this just means is the next gen cl-tl is gonna be one bad mo-fo and i cant wait!

much love brotha...much love....I don't want a 4-door car ya know...so the next gen TL I could care less....but then again, ACURA is better quality than Honda...I sat in my sister's v6 accord and it just felt cheap...

I am happy though to see that the 6speed CLS has the same gearbox as the NSX ;-) Even the knob ;-)