AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   2G CL (2001-2003) (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-cl-2001-2003-50/)
-   -   Comptech Supercharger (https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-cl-2001-2003-50/comptech-supercharger-977229/)

AcuraCl1 02-16-2019 01:58 PM

Comptech Supercharger

I found a comptech supercharger that is on an 02 acura tls. Supposedly has 10k miles on it. I am thinking of picking it up for my 03 acura cold 6 speed and wanted to know what I would need to do for it to fit on my car.

Also, would coilovers from the same car fit on my car

zeta 02-16-2019 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by AcuraCl1 (Post 16383790)
I found a comptech supercharger that is on an 02 acura tls. Supposedly has 10k miles on it. I am thinking of picking it up for my 03 acura cold 6 speed and wanted to know what I would need to do for it to fit on my car.

Not sure exactly; however, the question has been asked before.

Look at post #3 on the thread below for the CT-E CLS6 S/C'er checklist for what you should attempt to get from the similar kit for the automatic TL, at least it's a start.:shrug:

https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...roject-966540/

Good Luck!

zeta 02-16-2019 03:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:rofl:
Here's the installation instructions as well to give a visual on what some of the parts look like, see attachment.

AcuraCl1 02-18-2019 10:56 AM

Thanks. It appears I would need a different elbow since I have 6 speed, and the esm would need to be changed due to voltage.

I had found an 03 acura cls supercharger, but same issue as its an auto. Anyone know where to get a different elbow since comptech is going through a ownership change and not making any more parts for the acura cl.

TheWeez 02-20-2019 09:11 AM

Small chance you'll be able to find it in the market here but you'll likely have to wait quite a while for such an item to appear. Generally they're kept as part of a package with the supercharger because they're so scarce. It's incredibly unlikely someone will be willing to part with just the elbow as it makes their supercharger a far harder sale (if not nearly impossible) without it.

zeta 02-20-2019 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by AcuraCl1 (Post 16384435)
Thanks. It appears I would need a different elbow since I have 6 speed, and the esm would need to be changed due to voltage.

I had found an 03 acura cls supercharger, but same issue as its an auto. Anyone know where to get a different elbow since comptech is going through a ownership change and not making any more parts for the acura cl.

@AcuraCl1 The first set picture(s) below show a CT-E S/C'er kit for the Automatic transmission CL-S.
The Second set of picture(s) below show a CT-E S/C'er kit for the manual 6-speed transmission CL-S.

:scratch:
Just curious, what 'different elbow(s)' would be needed from the 6-speed manual kit to make an automatic kit compatible for a 6-speed application???

Automatic S/C'er kit:
Manual Transmission S/C'er kit:
Are you talking about the 'inlet manifold' that connects to the S/C'er impeller housing on one end and connects the throttle body at the other??
OR
Are you talking about the secondary 'outlet elbow' (the one that has a place for the MAP sensor) that connects to the actual intake manifold on the engine??

In short, which of the depicted elbow(s) above (in any set of pictures) are needed for the 6-speed??

I have a 6-speed kit and the only 'elbow' differences I really notice are at the throttle body end of the automatic kit.:shrug: :dunno:

AcuraCl1 02-20-2019 12:19 PM

The 6speeds used a different elbow that attaches to the manifold.

"The CL-S Auto kit will work on the 6 speed as well.

The main differences are the ACM voltage setting and the lack of TCS on the 6 speed (just don’t install that elbow)."

zeta 02-20-2019 12:31 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by AcuraCl1 (Post 16385879)
The 6speeds used a different elbow that attaches to the manifold.

"The CL-S Auto kit will work on the 6 speed as well.

OK.

Originally Posted by AcuraCl1 (Post 16385879)
The main differences are the ACM voltage setting and the lack of TCS on the 6 speed (just don’t install that elbow)."

:chuckle:

The CLS6 ACM voltage (2.93v) setting is easy enough to adjust. Refer to the attachment below.:shrug:

Now you can go get that Auto CL-S kit?? :)

zeta 02-20-2019 12:47 PM

If you really want to do it 'right' forget about the 'ECM' and get the standalone on the link below:

AEM EMS Acura CL Type S 01-03

WHEEELMAN 02-20-2019 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by zeta (Post 16385901)
If you really want to do it 'right' forget about the 'ECM' and get the standalone on the link below:

AEM EMS Acura CL Type S 01-03

Greddy E-manage ( I got a couple of em) or AEM FIC 6 (preferred) would work. If you use the FIC-6, tune it in o2 Skewed mode.

zeta 02-20-2019 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by WHEEELMAN (Post 16386091)
Greddy E-manage ( I got a couple of em) or AEM FIC 6 (preferred) would work. If you use the FIC-6, tune it in o2 Skewed mode.

Nice!
However, for the 'layman' that owns a CLS6, do you readily know of a source that has a 'plug n play' harness that allows for all the cars functionality like the Dezod harness??