Av6 swap working great

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2020, 01:08 AM
J G
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Av6 swap working great

I was very nervous about the swap and now it’s in thanks to everyone in this forum. If it weren’t for you guys this wouldn’t have been possible. Thank you. I will keep updates as much as possible. Time to enjoy my 03 type s 😄
The following users liked this post:
TheMightyQuinn (06-17-2020)
Old 06-17-2020, 10:00 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,761 Likes on 1,415 Posts
Originally Posted by J G
I was very nervous about the swap and now it’s in thanks to everyone in this forum. If it weren’t for you guys this wouldn’t have been possible. Thank you. I will keep updates as much as possible. Time to enjoy my 03 type s 😄
Why not 'pay it forward' and provide a reciprocal updated itemized list on the information you provided to your shop?
That way it will be available for the next 'J G' who needs concise guidance with an AV6 transmission swap.
The following users liked this post:
TheMightyQuinn (06-17-2020)
Old 07-15-2020, 12:24 PM
J G
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Keep Calm

After I bought my transmission I didn’t know I also had to buy 8 quarts of trans fluid and a gallon of antifreeze but other than that I provided a pdf as provided by Havener Garage
wouldnt have been possible without you guys. I’m currently at 125685 and got swap done at 122
The following 2 users liked this post by J G:
Accord316 (07-15-2020), zeta (07-15-2020)
Old 09-06-2020, 11:56 AM
I am dumb

Received 204 Likes on 164 Posts
Just thought I would add to this since I had the same thing done and some one might be searching through these threads to do the same thing.
I bought my CL-S with a broken 4th gear knowing I would have to replace the transmission. I saved up money and searched around for mechanics shops that would allow me to bring in my own parts, and who were willing to bolt up the transmission to the car with a slight conversion. Many said no, many said that it wouldn't work and that they had "been working on transmissions for X amount of years and I know this won't work!".
Luckily, I lived up the hill from a small mechanic shop that was willing to do it. They were nervous about it at first, but I went to this thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/second-...n-swap-905115/ , and literally printed out pages of the forums and handed it to them. Once they had that, they weren't nervous anymore, and so I went onto car-part.com, ordered a transmission from a 2007 Accord V6 with 167k miles on it, and it was bolted up in less than a week.
Was very much worth it, even if I wish I could have done a 6 speed conversion. I drive hard, and the transmission is still smooth as butter with no signs of slipping. Won a handful of races so far.
Old 09-06-2020, 05:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Thefireball
Was very much worth it, even if I wish I could have done a 6 speed conversion. I drive hard, and the transmission is still smooth as butter with no signs of slipping. Won a handful of races so far.
Psychologically, a light weight crank pulley, by freeing up a little engine rotational mass, might help make your AV6 swapped CL, along with the sport shift functionality, feel more like the 6-speed.
Old 09-06-2020, 05:24 PM
I am dumb

Originally Posted by zeta
Psychologically, a light weight crank pulley, by freeing up a little engine rotational mass, might help make your AV6 swapped CL, along with the sport shift functionality, feel more like the 6-speed.
An underdrive lightweight pulley is the next mod on my list once I have $200 to freely spend. I just did the mesh grill yesterday, came out beautifully (if you can get past my completely ruined clear coat), and right now, I'm adding some piping to my short ram to make it a CAI. Plan on cutting the fake bumper vent and putting some left over mesh screen so air will flow into the intake.
The worst part though, is that my girlfriend own a CL-S 6 Speed that I find on Craigslist. I helped encourage her to save up the money to buy it. She loves it, even if she is still learning the clutch a little bit. But sadly, it's her car, not mine. She doesn't let me drive it that often, but it only makes me want one even more. Gaaaaahhh!
Old 09-06-2020, 05:40 PM
Suzuka Master

An underdrive lightweight pulley is the next mod on my list once I have $200 to freely spend.
If you want underdrive, mine (in the blackmarket) won't work for you because it is 'stock' diameter.

I just did the mesh grill yesterday, came out beautifully (if you can get past my completely ruined clear coat), and right now, I'm adding some piping to my short ram to make it a CAI. Plan on cutting the fake bumper vent and putting some left over mesh screen so air will flow into the intake.
The worst part though, is that my girlfriend own a CL-S 6 Speed that I find on Craigslist. I helped encourage her to save up the money to buy it. She loves it, even if she is still learning the clutch a little bit. But sadly, it's her car, not mine. She doesn't let me drive it that often, but it only makes me want one even more. Gaaaaahhh!
Hold on to that girl if she is open to learn a manual transmission car! That's a rarity.
Good Luck!
Old 09-06-2020, 06:10 PM
I am dumb

I just realized I'm derailing the thread. I'll message you instead.
Old 04-07-2022, 04:30 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone, I have an 01 Type S i'm going to do the AV6 swap on shortly. I've gone through the threads, and I'm pretty much good to go. I do have one specific question i can't find: I talked to a JDM yard today, and they said the CL tranny has a senson on the top that the Accord BAYA tranny doesn't have. He says it's blocked off on the BAYA tranny. For the guys that did the CL swap, is this true? If not, I'm good. If so, what did you do for this?
Old 04-07-2022, 04:50 PM
I am dumb

Originally Posted by sqlivnlow
Hi everyone, I have an 01 Type S i'm going to do the AV6 swap on shortly. I've gone through the threads, and I'm pretty much good to go. I do have one specific question i can't find: I talked to a JDM yard today, and they said the CL tranny has a senson on the top that the Accord BAYA tranny doesn't have. He says it's blocked off on the BAYA tranny. For the guys that did the CL swap, is this true? If not, I'm good. If so, what did you do for this?
Havanergarage has a blog that lists everything you need and what to do. I can't speak on the sensor part because I paid some one to do my swap because I didn't have a garage nor the tools to do it myself.

However, when I called around to multiple transmission shops, many didn't want to do it, and even more so argued with me saying that everything I stated was incorrect, that the AV6 BAYA was the exact same and would fail. Be aware that some shops might just be lying to you because they want more money, or they simply know nothing about these cars and swaps.
Old 04-07-2022, 05:20 PM
3rd Gear

Havanergarage has a blog that lists everything you need and what to do. I can't speak on the sensor part because I paid some one to do my swap because I didn't have a garage nor the tools to do it myself.

However, when I called around to multiple transmission shops, many didn't want to do it, and even more so argued with me saying that everything I stated was incorrect, that the AV6 BAYA was the exact same and would fail. Be aware that some shops might just be lying to you because they want more money, or they simply know nothing about these cars and swaps.
Hey, thanks for the reply. I do have this question on that thread also. It's mainly a TL swap thread, but there is a CL swap guy on there also that did it.
Old 04-08-2022, 01:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 311 Likes on 256 Posts
Originally Posted by sqlivnlow
I would say this person is mistaken.

Take a look at the two for yourself...

https://www.oemacuraparts.com/v-2001...ensor-solenoid

https://www.oemacuraparts.com/v-2007...or-solenoid-v6
Old 04-08-2022, 01:51 PM
3rd Gear

Yup, they look exactly the same. Thanks!