$20000+ AV6 Engine/Tranny Swap!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 07:00 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$20000+ AV6 Engine/Tranny Swap!!!!!!!!

It has been a while since I posted about my CL-S Swap. So here are some Cliff notes 1st.
-Found out yesterday that after $20,000+ that my J32a2 is a piece of fu<kin sh!t.
-I was ripped off by Joe (Head Service Tech) @ Frankel Acura in Cockeysville, MD
-Engine had the Pistons kissed the valves and expensive sensor gone, he wouldnt admit that it wasnt included, bad head gasket and valve stems/seats.
-I have to buy another j32a2 engine & labor is another $3500+
-My Kenwood DVD/NAV/Monitor System got jacked more $$$$$$$$$
-Know one even knows if this will fix it
-Aidan cant be contacted and when I have he hasnt communicated with shop
-So if anyone knows of a quality j32a2 engine from a 6 speed for a good deal let me know.

Long (detailed) Story:

After long nights of browsing thru .net I came across jimmyrecluse's car (1st) with the 6 speed tranny and later complete j32a2 6MT swap. I was lucky enough to talk to him about it and at that time it was only a dream. After, saving from working I was able to save enough money to do the swap. So I called Aidan who at the time was the only one doing the swaps. Aidan agreed to come to WI and do it for me. So I proceeded with my looking for all the parts. I found everything minus the enigne from a salvage yard in Cali. So I picked all that stuff up for a great deal at the time. Engine was for sale to but I didnt buy it since it had some damage. I then found a j32a2 engine off a 6 spd (as I was told) for $2500 a bit on the high side but it was being sold by Joe at Frankel Acura. He was the head tech and had been/still is employed there for several years. Joe told me and advertised as the complete engine with all sensors was in great condition and recently just rebuilt. So I was willing to spend a lot more for the engine for what I though would be peace of mind, boy was I wrong. At this point I am $7500 in the hole for parts and aidan's labor/expenses, which was what slightly under my swap money so I was okay and had enough to buy a Hope IC system (Already S/c b4 swap), Tanabe Coilovers & Rotora BBK.
So the day came I picked up Aidan from the airport and I was all wired up, hell this was a dream come true. Straight to the car we go. Aidan checks everything out and sure enough the engine was missing the crank sensor ($500). We call Joe and he says we are lying to him that it was there. So after getting nowhere with him I call Todd from Aacon (hoping one was in stock) where I bought all other parts. He was able to next day air the sensor to us (cuz Aidan was here for limited time all parts were sent next day). Within the next two days the J30 is out and J32 w/ 6MT and Aidan's custom 6-puk clutch is in. Come to find out the ECU is from an auto. Again we call Todd and he is nice enough to overnight the correct ecu for free (his error but next day was the nice part). After we get the ECU aidan wires it up but not completely as we didnt have a certain connector on the harness and couldnt get one in time. So he just wired straight to ECU and labeled all wires. Aidan was able to install everything except the Hope IC w/ emanage. Take car for a ride and find out its running like crap. Aidan checks it out and its a bad headgasket. Since he had to go King Motorsports (30 min away) was the place to send it.
So the rebuilt engine was found to be NOT REBUILT. The pistons had kissed the valves. So basically I had to get new valves and a head job. King said that bottom end looked okay (and this was confirmed by Aidan) even though you could tell pistons had marks/nicks. Bottom end left alone not touched. So Aidan goes back home and car is at King. Two months later the Hope IC, emanage and engine put together by King. They decide to use a generic plug with green tails instead of the one provided to them. This is one that is modified for the swap, basically where you splice the accord wires into the cl-s plug for the ecu. King's electrical guy Clayton doesn't understand Aidan's labeling method. So he decides to rip off all the labels. Car still runs like **** and King Motorsports says "This is too much of a liability for us and we mainly work on 4cyl hondas/acuras." And tells me to send the car elsewhere after I spend well over $7000 with them so the problem to have been fixed
After contacting 02AV6 I heard about Garage Kwai in Arlington Heights, IL about 1.5hrs away. So I send the car there. And basically they tried everything from changing all sensors, fixing wiring, rebuilding S/C, trying out another ecu, confirming the wiring w/ Aidan and others, etc. Another $6k down the drain. So now over 1.5 yrs w/ $20,000+ (does not include price of S/C, hope IC, etc) down the drain and my car has not ran correctly for even a minute. During this time the car boggs down at 4500 rpm or full throttle. Just runs like **** and only throws a Random Misfire code. I had to sell the Comptech S/C, Hope IC & Rotora BBK to be able to pay my car bills with a lot more still left. Cuz school aint cheap and only have one full-time job.
So we came to the conclusion that it maybe the enigne and I figured I might as well just get another used engine from instead of putting more money into this one and hopefully this will be the cure.
Here is my original thread when Aidan had just done the swap:
http://www./forums/showthread.php?t=...ight=cl-s+swap

I will be posting up the wiring info everyone has asked for and is the only real customizing required for the swap. There will be no charge even though it costme thousands for the wiring info and there is no "swap kit" needed for the complete j32a2 6 speed swap into a V6 6th Gen accord.
Dont expect the wiring info to be up for a few days cuz I dont have any days off so it is down on the priorities list. I will try my best to answer all questions. Any help on getting a j32a2 for cheap greatly appreciated. Cheapest one I found was $1400 but dont have that money, hopefully after X-mas I will have some

And Finally a F(CK YOU!!! to Joe the Head Service Tech at Frankel Acura in Cockeysville, MD, 1-866-808-3377 if anyone wants to call and say hi to him. Also, if anyone can let me know what I can do to get some money back from Joe or how too make money quick :p
Old 12-07-2006, 07:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
couple things...

buying a full 6 speed wire harness would eliminate any and all wiring to the ecu. just plug and play.

i have a set of matching rods/crank from a j32. if you are interested or need new rods/crank for some reason.

first things first, i assumed they check the deck for warpage since king did a full head job. if the heads are fine and they stand by their headwork, then move on to the motor.

i seriously can't imagine being something wrong with the block itself. but a few MAIN things that are vital to ONLY the 6 speed... crank sensor, TDC sensors, and the cam backing plate. all of these MUST be 6 speed engine parts or the car will stay in limp mode, fire CEL.

and for measure, check your plugs as the type s plugs are often mismatched with the regular premium plugs. you need a colder range plug for the type s motor. and check your coil packs, these will most certainly cause misfires.

good luck.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:38 PM
Suzuka Master

i forgot to add, when ordering any acura parts, use www.oemacuraparts.com, you can also call up and ask for lance. i do not work there so this is not a self promotion, but these guys know me by name and are EXCELLENT at keeping you up to date and getting you the part you need. hands down best parts supplier i have ever dealt with, and i've dealt with dozens of dealerships.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:49 PM
B A N N E D

damn man thats serious messed up. Hopefully everything works out for u and u get the car up and running.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:30 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CleanCL
couple things...

buying a full 6 speed wire harness would eliminate any and all wiring to the ecu. just plug and play.

i have a set of matching rods/crank from a j32. if you are interested or need new rods/crank for some reason.

first things first, i assumed they check the deck for warpage since king did a full head job. if the heads are fine and they stand by their headwork, then move on to the motor.

i seriously can't imagine being something wrong with the block itself. but a few MAIN things that are vital to ONLY the 6 speed... crank sensor, TDC sensors, and the cam backing plate. all of these MUST be 6 speed engine parts or the car will stay in limp mode, fire CEL.

and for measure, check your plugs as the type s plugs are often mismatched with the regular premium plugs. you need a colder range plug for the type s motor. and check your coil packs, these will most certainly cause misfires.

good luck.
I did buy a full 6 speed engine wire harness but the Accord & CL-S connectors A and E need to be spliced "together"

I'll keep you in mind if I need new rods or crank.

They milled the head as it was slightly warped, but it was milled very minimal (no affect to timing). Heads seem good as far as we know.

It has the two sensors on the cam and that expensive sensor (u prolly know which one one the crank). Aidan said it was a 6 speed engine.

We have colder plugs for sure as I had it S/C as well. Coilpacks were changed.

Thanx for all the info
Old 12-07-2006, 08:42 PM
Suzuka Master

i duno, just thinking of things... i'd double check the plugs w/ new ones if you havent. and check ur fuel delivery. i know i had a cylinder or two missing when i had my motor rebuilt and they have to massage the injectors and cleaned them up and everything was good.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:44 PM
Senior Airman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Im going to give this pric a fucking peace of my mind!!!!! For him to set you up w/ a fucked motor is bullshit! I hope you get everything taken care of and the new motor comes out better than the 1st. n Sorry bro... Keep your head up! I'tll get better!!

P.S. Is there anything we can do or even you to make sure Joe gets what he deserves? Can you contact acura/honda direct to make sure that he doesn't do this to someone else?
Old 12-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Instructor

i duno, just thinking of things... i'd double check the plugs w/ new ones if you havent. and check ur fuel delivery. i know i had a cylinder or two missing when i had my motor rebuilt and they have to massage the injectors and cleaned them up and everything was good.

I am on third set of plugs first had stock ones that came with S/C, then changed to denso Now on a set of NGK which I think are #6, 7, or 8 forgot. For fuel delivery we changed the fuel pump to walbro and have a Vortech Super FMU which is much more adjustable than comptechs and CL-S injectors (had s2k inj. when S/C & IC were on)

Originally Posted by slowcl-s
Im going to give this pric a fucking peace of my mind!!!!! For him to set you up w/ a fucked motor is bullshit! I hope you get everything taken care of and the new motor comes out better than the 1st. n Sorry bro... Keep your head up! I'tll get better!!

P.S. Is there anything we can do or even you to make sure Joe gets what he deserves? Can you contact acura/honda direct to make sure that he doesn't do this to someone else?
I tried to get his dealership involved but he was selling it private party. In other words he purchased from Frankel Acura and sold it to me. He shipped it out from there and I mailed him a cashier's check to his work place as well. He also wont admit that the engine was crap or missing the sensors. He keeps saying that he will get me any acura parts I need for free, blah blah blah but has never come thru cuz he cant get ahold of his supplier
I will be giveing him a call tommorrow and every single day thereafter until I get reimbursement of some sort.

I would be happy with you guys just calling and speaking to him and his managers about this mess. I never thought about contacting Honda/Acura of America. Maybe there is like a petition or something we can do. I have a plane ticket I need to use up within 3 months and I might pay him a visit, eventhough my girl wants to go someplace warm.

Thanks for all the help and info.

If anyone thinks I am lying about the engine and want prrof contact King Motorsports, Garage Kwai, Aidan, Aacon Auto etc. That this engine had considerable amount of problems. (Not Intended towards anyone)
Old 12-07-2006, 09:25 PM
Instructor

That's fawked up. Unreal hearing that moron Joe sold you crap. Maybe you know some good attorney to ask for advice? Good luck.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:48 PM
Senior Airman

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Im going to give him a ring tomorrow and see what I can get out of Joe and see if I can possibly try to get another "Perfect j32a2 motor" I'll see what kinda bull-shit he gives me and I'll run with it! Lol!

Funny how you said Maryland was warm... Brrrrrrrr... Im originally from there and its cold as Fizuck! haha! I love SC!
Old 12-07-2006, 10:44 PM
Instructor

he prolly wont try to sell you one. I meant to say that Maryland is cold and we are lookin to go some place warm.
here is link to for sale thread: (I bought it off here)
https://acurazine.com/forums/car-parts-sale-361/2003-acura-3-2cl-s-type-long-block-4sale-163517/

as you can see he states "I paid to have it fixed and am now selling..."
Joe S. = Joseph Schwaub (sp maybe off by a letter)

I completely forgot that I bought it off here and to read the thread cuzI have been having the same misfire problems. If that mutherfuker was anywhere nearby I wouldbe knocking at his door right now. I am so pissed, I didnt even total what I spent all together until today and am shocked. It was just like wtf? is another $1k to fix it when I'm already this deep into it then another and few more and more. No sleep tonite
Old 12-07-2006, 11:05 PM
Suzuka Master

2gs for a REBUILT motor w/ bent valves??

your telling me you took his work and just put the motor in?

so they replaced the valves and that was it? how do they k now nothing else was damaged. how do you know a bearing isnt spun, or a piston ring damage.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:47 AM
MP90 uninstalled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear it! I think you should have been more thorough with the motor. I don’t know what to tell you. You need an attorney. I wish you had better luck.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:19 AM
Opium den in

Not trying to kick you while youre down or anything, but couldnt you have bought a new car with 20 thousand dollars? I feel bad that you got screwed over though I know how it feels to keep investing into a dwindling hope
Old 12-08-2006, 08:00 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 183 Posts
Did you really spend $20K+ on CLS engine & 6mt swap?
Old 12-08-2006, 08:29 AM
Instructor

2gs for a REBUILT motor w/ bent valves??

your telling me you took his work and just put the motor in?

so they replaced the valves and that was it? how do they k now nothing else was damaged. how do you know a bearing isnt spun, or a piston ring damage.
I wasnt very automotively inclined at the time and asked Aidan for his advice. He said that if its rebuilt it would be great cuz its almost like new. Joe said that engine was completely rebuilt and I did take his word for it since he was the service manager at Frankel Acura. Which I thought gave him some credit, I thought.

Yes I did actually spend $20,000.
Engine--$2250
Tranny package--$2500 (Ecu, harnesses, etc)
ALL Sensors Replaced---CKP Sensor replaced twice for brand new one ($500ea)---Heads completely rebuilt with new valves, etc---ECU wiring checked for continuity 2 or 3 times---ECU rewired Twice---New Dash harness---New Engine Harness---New FPR, fuel lines, injectors, pump,---Rebuilt S/C ($1000, thought that was prob)---Etc. Plus Labor for all this shit it adds up. After I buy this other engine + install I will certainly be at the 20k mark+.

I know it seems a lot but I kept putting another $1000 or so in hoping that was the last. I definetly know that I could have bought another car.
Due to $$$ issues I have to wait for another 2-3 months so I can gather enough money to take care of it. Prolly more like 3 considering x-mas
Old 12-08-2006, 08:55 AM
Suzuka Master

you can get a brand new bottom end from acura themselves for 1500. the heads brand new are a 1,000 a head.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:07 AM
Got DEP???

Ok, here's a thought...
I'm sure you definitely checked this, but I had the same issues you are speaking of when the timing belt went in my Teg... If the motor you bought was throwing Over Rev and multiple misfire codes it may have blew the timing belt.
When I changed my Teg's, I had the same issues that you speak of.
Easiest thing to check first, is to make sure there are no vacuum leaks to the intake manifold. I found several things that had cracked/broke due to age (weak). I fixed them and still no GO... Shudder at higher RPMs... No torque... etc...
So, I finally took out my timing gun and checked the timing. It was good. So I thought...
I looked at the timing gears and noticed that one of the cams were actually off by ONE tooth. I fixed that and the car ran perfect!

Another thought that I had was the fact that the motor overheated and the person just kept driving the car until they got home... What happens from that? You warp your head(s), burn your rings, valve seals are probably junk and coolant in the oil. You can have a head planed/milled, but that will also cause a difference in tolerances.

Old 12-08-2006, 04:07 PM
Instructor

redsly: we already checked that numerous times/people. The heads being milled they were done so minimal that it doesnt affect timing.

Found out today Joe no longer works for Frankel Acura. He now works for Heritage Honda on Hawford Rd. (410) 882-3000. I called him today and he hung up on me like a little bich.
Old 12-10-2006, 02:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
Originally Posted by Habib
It has been a while since I posted about my CL-S Swap. So here are some Cliff notes 1st.
-Found out yesterday that after $20,000+ that my J32a2 is a piece of fu<kin sh!t.
-I was ripped off by Joe (Head Service Tech) @ Frankel Acura in Cockeysville, MD
-Engine had the Pistons kissed the valves and expensive sensor gone, he wouldnt admit that it wasnt included, bad head gasket and valve stems/seats.
-I have to buy another j32a2 engine & labor is another $3500+
-My Kenwood DVD/NAV/Monitor System got jacked more $$$$$$$$$
-Know one even knows if this will fix it
-Aidan cant be contacted and when I have he hasnt communicated with shop
-So if anyone knows of a quality j32a2 engine from a 6 speed for a good deal let me know.

Long (detailed) Story:

After long nights of browsing thru .net I came across jimmyrecluse's car (1st) with the 6 speed tranny and later complete j32a2 6MT swap. I was lucky enough to talk to him about it and at that time it was only a dream. After, saving from working I was able to save enough money to do the swap. So I called Aidan who at the time was the only one doing the swaps. Aidan agreed to come to WI and do it for me. So I proceeded with my looking for all the parts. I found everything minus the enigne from a salvage yard in Cali. So I picked all that stuff up for a great deal at the time. Engine was for sale to but I didnt buy it since it had some damage. I then found a j32a2 engine off a 6 spd (as I was told) for $2500 a bit on the high side but it was being sold by Joe at Frankel Acura. He was the head tech and had been/still is employed there for several years. Joe told me and advertised as the complete engine with all sensors was in great condition and recently just rebuilt. So I was willing to spend a lot more for the engine for what I though would be peace of mind, boy was I wrong. At this point I am $7500 in the hole for parts and aidan's labor/expenses, which was what slightly under my swap money so I was okay and had enough to buy a Hope IC system (Already S/c b4 swap), Tanabe Coilovers & Rotora BBK.
So the day came I picked up Aidan from the airport and I was all wired up, hell this was a dream come true. Straight to the car we go. Aidan checks everything out and sure enough the engine was missing the crank sensor ($500). We call Joe and he says we are lying to him that it was there. So after getting nowhere with him I call Todd from Aacon (hoping one was in stock) where I bought all other parts. He was able to next day air the sensor to us (cuz Aidan was here for limited time all parts were sent next day). Within the next two days the J30 is out and J32 w/ 6MT and Aidan's custom 6-puk clutch is in. Come to find out the ECU is from an auto. Again we call Todd and he is nice enough to overnight the correct ecu for free (his error but next day was the nice part). After we get the ECU aidan wires it up but not completely as we didnt have a certain connector on the harness and couldnt get one in time. So he just wired straight to ECU and labeled all wires. Aidan was able to install everything except the Hope IC w/ emanage. Take car for a ride and find out its running like crap. Aidan checks it out and its a bad headgasket. Since he had to go King Motorsports (30 min away) was the place to send it.
So the rebuilt engine was found to be NOT REBUILT. The pistons had kissed the valves. So basically I had to get new valves and a head job. King said that bottom end looked okay (and this was confirmed by Aidan) even though you could tell pistons had marks/nicks. Bottom end left alone not touched. So Aidan goes back home and car is at King. Two months later the Hope IC, emanage and engine put together by King. They decide to use a generic plug with green tails instead of the one provided to them. This is one that is modified for the swap, basically where you splice the accord wires into the cl-s plug for the ecu. King's electrical guy Clayton doesn't understand Aidan's labeling method. So he decides to rip off all the labels. Car still runs like **** and King Motorsports says "This is too much of a liability for us and we mainly work on 4cyl hondas/acuras." And tells me to send the car elsewhere after I spend well over $7000 with them so the problem to have been fixed
After contacting 02AV6 I heard about Garage Kwai in Arlington Heights, IL about 1.5hrs away. So I send the car there. And basically they tried everything from changing all sensors, fixing wiring, rebuilding S/C, trying out another ecu, confirming the wiring w/ Aidan and others, etc. Another $6k down the drain. So now over 1.5 yrs w/ $20,000+ (does not include price of S/C, hope IC, etc) down the drain and my car has not ran correctly for even a minute. During this time the car boggs down at 4500 rpm or full throttle. Just runs like **** and only throws a Random Misfire code. I had to sell the Comptech S/C, Hope IC & Rotora BBK to be able to pay my car bills with a lot more still left. Cuz school aint cheap and only have one full-time job.
So we came to the conclusion that it maybe the enigne and I figured I might as well just get another used engine from instead of putting more money into this one and hopefully this will be the cure.
Here is my original thread when Aidan had just done the swap:
http://www./forums/showthread.php?t=...ight=cl-s+swap

I will be posting up the wiring info everyone has asked for and is the only real customizing required for the swap. There will be no charge even though it costme thousands for the wiring info and there is no "swap kit" needed for the complete j32a2 6 speed swap into a V6 6th Gen accord.
Dont expect the wiring info to be up for a few days cuz I dont have any days off so it is down on the priorities list. I will try my best to answer all questions. Any help on getting a j32a2 for cheap greatly appreciated. Cheapest one I found was $1400 but dont have that money, hopefully after X-mas I will have some

And Finally a F(CK YOU!!! to Joe the Head Service Tech at Frankel Acura in Cockeysville, MD, 1-866-808-3377 if anyone wants to call and say hi to him. Also, if anyone can let me know what I can do to get some money back from Joe or how too make money quick :p
Main reason I don't swap jack didly....I just bought my car a 2002 CL type S. It has all the creature comforts and performance that I need
Old 12-10-2006, 06:12 PM
Drifting

Did you get to see what this guy Joe looks like? I used to work there when I was a teen. He's a service manager right? Like sets up the appointments, or does he actually work on the cars?
Old 12-11-2006, 07:06 PM
Racer

Man, what a nightmare!! I am not sure that you need an attorney since it sounds like you have all the documentation and facts in order. Try and figure out the dollar amount associated with your problems with Joe and take him to small claims court.

Each state is a little different, but it should not be that expensive and you get the pleasure of seeing him in court!!

Good luck.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:21 PM
2600lb CL

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by fuzzy02CLS
Did you really spend $20K+ on CLS engine & 6mt swap?
I spent $18,550 on my swap, and took 17 months. Shit kept coming up for me as well. I feel your pain Habib, hope everything goes well for you.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:37 PM
Luckiest Man on Earth.

I'm just not understanding this.... how is this a better idea versus selling your AT and buying the 6 speed? You can get the nicest 03 6MT out there for the money spent on the swap.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:26 PM
THE J35A2...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jared03CLS
I'm just not understanding this.... how is this a better idea versus selling your AT and buying the 6 speed? You can get the nicest 03 6MT out there for the money spent on the swap.
1st you gotta love the car you have, then you become attached to it, then you become obsessed

I couldn't understand either. i guess getting the swap is like getting a new car. i personally like the style of 6th gen Accords besides "we" were into something that was very memorable
Old 12-12-2006, 10:36 PM
Suzuka Master

a lot of people out there have a certain kind of devotion to a car, doing some unique and fun almost doubles the enjoyment of the car versus spending the same amount of money on a stock car for that price.

also its not like he intended on spending 20,000. he ran into unforseen problems and these things happen. everything aside the swap should have cost around 10-12.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:11 PM
Blown is Best

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
a lot of people out there have a certain kind of devotion to a car, doing some unique and fun almost doubles the enjoyment of the car versus spending the same amount of money on a stock car for that price.

also its not like he intended on spending 20,000. he ran into unforseen problems and these things happen. everything aside the swap should have cost around 10-12.
I'm in a similar position with my 86 300ZX. I've had the car for 21 years and there's an attachment to it. It seems like it's an endless pit sometimes but there's a sense of accomplishment when I work with it. Once you start down a path, there's no looking back. I'll never recover the money that I'm dropping into it but that's not the goal. Creating something unique and personal takes on it's own value.

Sorry for the but here's my money pit. (other than my CL-S that is)

Old 12-13-2006, 12:40 AM
MP90 uninstalled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nice z
Old 12-13-2006, 02:15 AM
THE J35A2...

that's one nice ride. are they under Datsun? still clean.

see that's where the fun is. modding a car to your liking

you have to pay, to play
Old 12-13-2006, 02:30 AM
ABP CL-S 6 NAV

Originally Posted by SIRSIG
that's one nice ride. are they under Datsun? still clean.

see that's where the fun is. modding a car to your liking

you have to pay, to play

looks like an 86 300zx to me. I think datsun Z cars are anything under 83'
Old 12-13-2006, 07:57 PM
Blown is Best

Thanks Guys. It's badged as Nissan and I think the 280ZX was the last Datsun.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:02 PM
Instructor

more like 6-8 (considering no major problems)
CL-S Engine $1500
CL-S Tranny + all other parts needed $3000
Labor $2000
total of $6500

At the time I did this my car was worth maximum $16k and a 6MT CL-S was around $25k+. Also the 6th gen accord coupe is very sexy and also had lots of other mods.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:09 PM
Blown is Best

I think the suggestion for Small Claims may be a good avenue for you. Secure a claim and garnish his wages.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:31 PM
THE J35A2...

i think the guy doesn't work there anymore but i guess he can still file for small claim...