Rocky Mountains Colorado, Utah & Wyoming

Good shop for window tinting?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 10:19 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Good shop for window tinting?

Can anyone recommend a good tint shop in the Denver area? Any place with high quality and reasonable prices?
Old 04-18-2012, 09:04 AM
Instructor

Looks like I'm going with Performance Wheel and Tire that was mentioned in another thread. They've quoted me the cheapest price with quality tint.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:51 AM
99 TLS6 08 TL

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Sounds good!
Old 04-18-2012, 01:13 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Nice. My buddy knew this lady that would do the whole car (minus the windshield) for $100 and she would meet you where ever. Not sure if he still has her number and if she still does it. His tint lasted forever.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:16 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by whathappening
Nice. My buddy knew this lady that would do the whole car (minus the windshield) for $100 and she would meet you where ever. Not sure if he still has her number and if she still does it. His tint lasted forever.
Wow, if you find her, let me know. Although this shop does guarantee the work for 5 years, so the peace of mind is kind of worth it.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:19 AM
Mile High

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
I have an appointment to get my windshield replaced and the whole car re-tinted on Friday at http://touchofshadetint.com/

They were reasonably priced and were cheaper than SafeLite on the windshield replacement. Will see how it goes.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:04 AM
Instructor

Nice, let me know how it goes. Now, should I be concerned that the tint guy at Performance Wheel and Tire had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned moleskin? He just said it's guaranteed, and if it scratches he'll do the window again.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:17 AM
Mile High

I would say that might be cause for concern. The guys at touch of shade didn't call it moleskin, but asked me to double check if I had "something" (forget exactly what he said) in the windows to prevent scratching when they quoted me.

I'll update yea with pics and what not when I pick her up.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:43 PM
Instructor

How dark are you going? I'm thinking of doing something like 20% on the three rear windows and 35 or 40% on the front. I know that's over the legal limit but I see so many cars driving around with dark tint all around that I think it must not be a huge deal for cops here.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:13 AM
Mile High

I was thinking about 15%, the guys at the shop told me there wasent a big difference between 15 and 20. I had 15% on my first car, it was hard to backup at night sometimes, so dunno if I wana go that dark or not again.

I will prolly decide on that when I get down to the shop and compare some stuff. 35% is legal, but I prolly won't go higher than 30%. I have never been pulled over for just the tint, but if they pull you over for speeding (depending on the cop) they tend to tack on the tint infraction on top of it and tell you to get ur shit re-tinted.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:10 PM
Mile High

Ok, so quick update.

Dropped the car off. Shop was very clean and professional, guy was friendly. They had some examples of tint % on a window in the shop; so, I went with 15% all around. The guy at the shop says that is what most people do, and that is as close to OEM tint that there is. Turns out (after seeing the comparisons of different tint) my first car had 5% tint.

The guy went and checked the car out to see if I needed moleskin (he called it felt). He inspected it and showed me that I do infact need it (no news there) and than let me feel a sample of it in the shop.

Just waiting for him to call me back and ill go and pick it up. I'll post a final review as soon as I can.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:48 PM
Instructor

How much was it total for the tint (not including the replacement windshield) with the moleskin added? 15% all around seems pretty dark...but badass looking. Definitely post some pics when you get it back.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:14 AM
Mile High

Ok, got the car back. Here is an update and my final review of Touch of Shade in Centennial:

Dropped the car off around 9:30am, and got a call back around 12:15pm that they had to order a new windshield because the one they had at the shop was scratched; so, it was going to take longer than expected. That was fine by me because I couldn't pick it up until after work anyways.

I picked the car up around 5pm and the guy was very apologetic about the delay and went over the whole tint care speech. Because of the delay he said he wouldn't charge me for the felt (moleskin) install. So my total for 15% Llumar tint all the way around the car (minus windshield) was $199. If I would have payed for the felt, that would have been an additional $80.

I was very pleased with their work and professionalism, and I would recommend them to anyone that wants to do clear bra, tint, vinyl, etc. They have a shop in Centennial and Colorado Springs.

Here are some pics (would have done before and after but the % is pretty close to the same as the tint I bought it with):

Old 04-21-2012, 09:49 PM
GODZILLA & 3G TL

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts
Nice work Chris...looks good. That's the same price that the Perf Wheel & Tire guy charged me. I probably need to get a couple windows re-done because I didn't get the moleskin...just don't feel like having to schedule another appointment and pay more to do that. It's not bad, just a few vertical scratches here & there.

On a side note, looking forward to the National Meet! Gotta book that hotel...
Old 04-22-2012, 08:35 PM
Instructor

That does look good, and not too dark. I just saw this Groupon for $99 for 5 windows: http://www.groupon.com/deals/perform...ng-3?c=all&p=3

Is that a good deal for "high performance charcoal film"?
Old 04-23-2012, 12:45 PM
Mile High

That doesn't look like a bad deal, but they aren't giving you a lot of information either.

It just says they will tint it, they don't say what percentage or anything like that.
I am no tint expert but I haven't heard of "charcoal film".

I defiantly noticed a quality and look difference between the tint that was on the car when I bought it (had a bunch of holes in it and was peeling in back window). The new tint seems to be much more durable and just looks better IMO.

All I know is if you saw the condition my driver window was in before I bought the car, you will want the moleskin. There were so many scratches on the thing I couldn't even see out of it, after I had them replace the tint it wasn't bad, but I had already gotten a few scratches and I never roll the windows down.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:47 PM
Mile High

Originally Posted by HOCKEYMAN23
Nice work Chris...looks good. That's the same price that the Perf Wheel & Tire guy charged me. I probably need to get a couple windows re-done because I didn't get the moleskin...just don't feel like having to schedule another appointment and pay more to do that. It's not bad, just a few vertical scratches here & there.

On a side note, looking forward to the National Meet! Gotta book that hotel...
Thanks buddy, better get to booking your hotel!

Clock is ticking!
Old 04-23-2012, 01:17 PM
Instructor

I actually just got off the phone with them and the groupon deal is for this one: 3M™ FX High-Performance Automotive Window Films – (BETTER)
This high performance, semi-metalized line of window films offers unbeatable solar
performance with a great sleek charcoal look. The FX-HP line of automotive window
films comes in a variety of light transmissions, with a limited lifetime warranty.
Available in shades – 5% 15% 20% 30% 35% 50%****
Front 2 only- $100 2dr car/truck- $240* 4dr car/truck- $280** SUV/wagon- $340***

The next step up is for non-metalized 3M tint.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:58 PM
TLX-S

Received 225 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by DigitalEmpire22
Ok, got the car back. Here is an update and my final review of Touch of Shade in Centennial:

Dropped the car off around 9:30am, and got a call back around 12:15pm that they had to order a new windshield because the one they had at the shop was scratched; so, it was going to take longer than expected. That was fine by me because I couldn't pick it up until after work anyways.

I picked the car up around 5pm and the guy was very apologetic about the delay and went over the whole tint care speech. Because of the delay he said he wouldn't charge me for the felt (moleskin) install. So my total for 15% Llumar tint all the way around the car (minus windshield) was $199. If I would have payed for the felt, that would have been an additional $80.

I was very pleased with their work and professionalism, and I would recommend them to anyone that wants to do clear bra, tint, vinyl, etc. They have a shop in Centennial and Colorado Springs.

Here are some pics (would have done before and after but the % is pretty close to the same as the tint I bought it with):

Looks good man, you said you had to get re-tinted, did they charge extra to remove the old tint?
Old 04-24-2012, 06:54 AM
Mile High

No charge for removing the old tint
Old 04-24-2012, 11:26 AM
TLX-S

Received 225 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by DigitalEmpire22
No charge for removing the old tint
Nice, I may give them a call cause I'm considering re-doing my tint as well. My current tint has that mirror look from the outside depending on how you look at it, which is what came with the car when i bought it.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:38 PM
Instructor

Just an update for anyone else who might be searching...I ended up getting mine done at Extreme Autoworks in Lakewood. I got 20% SunGuard/Solarmatrix all around. I mentioned that I didn't want the gap on the rear quarter windows, and when I saw the car after it was done, the passenger side looked great but there was an inch gap on the rear quarter window on the driver side. They offered to go back and do it again, and I said, "well, yeah," and they took it back for another 30 minutes before they got it right. I'm really happy with the outcome now. I'd recommend them. I think they're slightly overpriced though. I got a Google Offers deal so it was worth it, but normally they're over $300 for just average tint.