Rocky Mountains Colorado, Utah & Wyoming

How many of you are lowered?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 10:21 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
How many of you are lowered?

How much of a hassle is it being lowered driving in winter here? Not much worse than stock? I'm thinking about lowering my 3G TL with H&R sport springs. I drove my 2000 Honda Civic through three winters here without much problem.

I've read a ton of experiences on this site and others but just looking for some CO/Denver specific input.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:28 AM
GODZILLA & 3G TL

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts
Hey man...I'll chime in here. Not a big deal really, just obviously watch where you're driving and if it looks too deep to traverse, it probably is lol! I got stuck one time the winter before last, but luckily a few people helped to push me backwards (was in the entrance to my complex on a private road without city plowing). As long as you aren't slammed, you should be ok. I'm dropped on Tein H Techs, which is about 1" lower than stock. Do you have the aspec body kit btw?
The following users liked this post:
Btros (09-28-2012)
Old 09-28-2012, 08:36 AM
Instructor

Hey, thanks for the reply. I don't have the aspec kit but I was contemplating getting that too. It will be one or the other, springs or the body kit this winter. Can't afford both. So I might go with the kit instead of the springs and see how it goes too.
I started thinking about the Tein H Techs last night as well, because in some places it says they only lower about 1", but other ppl say they go lower than the H&R sports. I'm looking for minimal drop, as subtle as possible. How do you like the Tein/Tokico combo? If I get springs, I'll be looking to upgrade the shocks in the next year or two.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:14 PM
TLX-S

Received 225 Likes on 172 Posts
Hey, I have the same setup as HOCKEYMAN23, Tein H-Techs with Tokico HTS Shocks and love it.

I've had the setup for nearly 2 years now and it really isn't an issue during the winter. If you think about it, we really don't get that much snow during the winter.

The Tein H-Techs actually is a tad lower drop compared to the A-Spec Suspension and gives the TL a much better look.
Btros (09-28-2012)
Old 09-28-2012, 03:31 PM
Instructor

Thank you both so much. That's exactly the type of info I'm looking for. True that we don't get a ton of snow, there's just two or three days that are a little sketchy. I'm from SoCal so I'm used to no snow.
I might be sold on the H Techs.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:46 PM
TLX-S

Received 225 Likes on 172 Posts
I took pictures of before and after comparing the difference in drop of the H-Techs in my progess thread

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-photograph-gallery-96/wilzrsxs-progress-thread-new-ride-857203/
Old 09-28-2012, 05:01 PM
Instructor

Great, I'll check them out. I think what I really need is to come out to a meet or something sometime to see what they look like. I don't think I've actually ever seen a lowered TL in real life.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:30 AM
GODZILLA & 3G TL

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts
If you can swing the springs & Aspec kit eventually, that will look completely different than when the car is bone stock. It makes such a visual difference, car is MUCH meaner looking with both of those mods. I think what Will & I like the most about the setup we have is that the driveability & feel is still VERY good and the body roll is cut down by a lot as well. I personally found the springs on ebay for $180 and got the dampers on a crazy good discount from Excelerate, who is a vendor on here. Good luck man.
Btros (09-29-2012)
Old 09-30-2012, 03:26 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
id get the h techs and shocks before the body kit... if you get that kit and put it on.. god forbid you slide into a snow bank or ditch and destroy it.. seems like a waste.. ANYTHING is possible..

i did find myself on a steep downhill. carrying wayy too much speed.. only option was to lock my brakes and hit the curve and ride the curve to and HOPEFULLY come to a stop or plow into 5 cars and push them all into major traffic and cause a horrible accident

Originally Posted by Btros
Hey, thanks for the reply. I don't have the aspec kit but I was contemplating getting that too. It will be one or the other, springs or the body kit this winter. Can't afford both. So I might go with the kit instead of the springs and see how it goes too.
I started thinking about the Tein H Techs last night as well, because in some places it says they only lower about 1", but other ppl say they go lower than the H&R sports. I'm looking for minimal drop, as subtle as possible. How do you like the Tein/Tokico combo? If I get springs, I'll be looking to upgrade the shocks in the next year or two.