NY/NJ New Jersey & New York

Tinting (& other things) in NY

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 09:44 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tinting (& other things) in NY

So I am looking for a place to get my car tinted as well as have the door sills installed and the door visors installed all at the same time preferrably. I have been reading up on various tint issues on this site and when I went to guy I normally go to he had no idea about moleskin nor any issues with metallic vs non-metallic. As you can imagine I am very hesitant to go to him even though he does offer a lifetime warranty and says he uses 3M (though not sure which product specifically).

So basically I am looking for some reputable places in the NY/LI area to bring my car in to get it tinted and have door sills & door visors installed. A member here recommended tintmax but I am not sure if they do anything besides tinting though I will contact them for info.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-28-2009, 10:18 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
I had my back window done in Great Neck, forgot the name. Its right across the audi dealership. I think the name was tint shop, not sure. A lil pricy but he did a good job.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:52 AM
NTMD8

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Had mine done at tintmax.com, he's in Queens near Northern and Utopia, he does the moleskin and the small rear window all the way to the edge. Top notch work, price is high compared to your other tint shops that normally charge $150-$160. But I would definitely go to him again... prefer to have it done right the first time.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by coykiam
I had my back window done in Great Neck, forgot the name. Its right across the audi dealership. I think the name was tint shop, not sure. A lil pricy but he did a good job.
tehy closed down a long long time ago
Old 05-28-2009, 12:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by 1fsthatch
tehy closed down a long long time ago
oh wow....I had it done last year. He does it inside that car wash garage.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:47 PM
Low is a Lifestyle.

http://www.lorenzotint.com/
its a place in the bronx. complete professionals. i paid a lot of money for my tints 320, but the quality is amazing. i got madico charcool tints all windows except for windshield for that price and theyres a lifetime warranty on everything, peeling, scratches, so forth. you get what you pay for.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Off roading in his

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I go to Guarantee Alarm on Coney Island Ave in Brooklyn to get all my cars tinted. They are on a pricier side (I paid $225 for my tint) but the quality and customer service is great
Old 05-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 99 Posts
I got my car tinted by Tom at http://www.theartoftint.com/

Tom sometimes works out of a shop in Manhattan and charged me $250 for my tint. He is highly recommended out of [deleted] because he does everything the RIGHT way. By the right way I mean moleskin,full rear quarter panel tint, one piece rear window tint as well as under the 3rd brake light. I had a problem with my passenger side tint and he fixed it free of charge because he guarantees all his work. He does tint jobs on many $100k+ cars so he knows what he is doing.

Also to answer your other questions, the shop he works out of in Manhattan (if he still works there) is always working on some nice cars and usually they have the interiors of AMG cars, Bentleys, Porsches all ripped out. I dont know why the interiors are ripped out but I am assuming it is for upgrades. There is also a lift in that place so I am sure they can do your sills and visors.

If you do plan on getting your car done there, don't touch any of the cars. I got yelled at for being too close to the Carrera GT.

Last edited by Xpditor; 06-06-2009 at 07:46 AM. Reason: We don't permit links to competing forums.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:31 PM
Fear and Loathing in my

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Yvuru
If you do plan on getting your car done there, don't touch any of the cars. I got yelled at for being too close to the Carrera GT.
LOL...like a kid in a candy shop!
Old 06-06-2009, 12:06 AM
Advanced

I am thinking of getting my car tint.
the last car i had (35% front and 25% rear window) i got pull over maybe 12 times over 3 years period. Just for the tinted window.
i would like to know what tint i can get and dont get bother by cops so offen? or just maybe is me not so lucky
Old 06-06-2009, 08:45 AM
Low is a Lifestyle.

get a 50 percentage reflective tint. most of the time they turn out looking like 30 to 35, but with the right angle, they look lighter. like a charcoal reflective, not the dumb silver chrome crap lol.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:48 AM
Instructor

Auto Beauty 70-07 Queens Blvd., professional work and got my tail lights tinted at the same time
Old 06-08-2009, 12:00 PM
New shoes on my

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by coykiam
oh wow....I had it done last year. He does it inside that car wash garage.
It's called "The Tint Shop". I had mine donw there in September of '08.

http://thetintshopinc.com/default.aspx

They're still there as far as I know. If you're teh first person in, he can do it while you wait, it'll take about an hour and a half.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:45 PM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i have a place in farmingdale. the same guy tinted all of my cars, 1 back in 2002 and its still perfect. he uses 3m color stable. and he tinted my car in august. he does the windows perfectly
Old 06-09-2009, 01:59 AM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by mglax13
It's called "The Tint Shop". I had mine donw there in September of '08.

http://thetintshopinc.com/default.aspx

They're still there as far as I know. If you're teh first person in, he can do it while you wait, it'll take about an hour and a half.
Please dont go to this shop.... these bastards will show their true colors to you if a problem arise. I speak from experience. Don't get me wrong, they tint well, but their service is horrible. All I can say is www.tintmax.com. Speak to Steve and he will set it up, but he is busy and you might have to wait, cuz he's in high demand. Has the contract for all NYPD cars and does lambo and ferraris all the time.

I've been told by a few that he gives the people that I send him a little break on the price, so if you want to mention my name go for it. I've been going to him for 10 years and have all of my family's cars done through him.. about 12 cars. Some with Paint Protection and all.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:38 PM

Red face

Originally Posted by Elegant TYPE S
Please dont go to this shop.... these bastards will show their true colors to you if a problem arise. I speak from experience. Don't get me wrong, they tint well, but their service is horrible. All I can say is www.tintmax.com. Speak to Steve and he will set it up, but he is busy and you might have to wait, cuz he's in high demand. Has the contract for all NYPD cars and does lambo and ferraris all the time.

I've been told by a few that he gives the people that I send him a little break on the price, so if you want to mention my name go for it. I've been going to him for 10 years and have all of my family's cars done through him.. about 12 cars. Some with Paint Protection and all.
longtime browser, first time poster, I actually didn't mean to bring up a semi-old thread, but I was actually going to private message a couple of you guys regarding tinting, but this website will not allow me to, unless I make 5 posts/15 days etc. lol.

Pretty much my situation is, that I'm looking for a decent Tint Shop, who does a decent job and It seems to be the consensus around the web is that these guys at Tintmax do a pretty good job. Anyways, I was looking to see if there is somebody here that knows who to speak to at Tintmax and If I could mention your name so they could help me out. I'm not looking for any discount of sorts, I'm willing to pay in the regular price range of $150-$200 (lumar film), its just it's better with services in general to be referred by somebody.

Thanks very much for any help on this,
alan
Old 07-07-2009, 11:06 PM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
carerra GT
Old 07-07-2009, 11:06 PM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
that is the only word that caught my eye!!
Old 07-17-2009, 02:26 AM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Originally Posted by nyry30
longtime browser, first time poster, I actually didn't mean to bring up a semi-old thread, but I was actually going to private message a couple of you guys regarding tinting, but this website will not allow me to, unless I make 5 posts/15 days etc. lol.

Pretty much my situation is, that I'm looking for a decent Tint Shop, who does a decent job and It seems to be the consensus around the web is that these guys at Tintmax do a pretty good job. Anyways, I was looking to see if there is somebody here that knows who to speak to at Tintmax and If I could mention your name so they could help me out. I'm not looking for any discount of sorts, I'm willing to pay in the regular price range of $150-$200 (lumar film), its just it's better with services in general to be referred by somebody.

Thanks very much for any help on this,
alan

Talk to Steve, he's the owner...and tell him Raj sent you. He knows me very well. I've already told him that if he doesnt take care of the people I send him that he'll get it from me.. so post up if something didn't go right.. but not one person has every complained about him to me.. everyone was super happy. Black TL and tell him I'm still in Miami.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:31 PM
Instructor

oh..heres what i needed. lmao

I just posted a thread about this, NY seeking good tint job.
So where should I go on LI...I hear about staying away from Tint in Farmingdale... I dont really wanna go to flushing, but if i have to...
Old 08-13-2009, 09:00 PM
Intermediate

Cool

Originally Posted by Elegant TYPE S
Talk to Steve, he's the owner...and tell him Raj sent you. He knows me very well. I've already told him that if he doesnt take care of the people I send him that he'll get it from me.. so post up if something didn't go right.. but not one person has every complained about him to me.. everyone was super happy. Black TL and tell him I'm still in Miami.
Hello all,
i'm also looking to have my windows tinted; and like some of you guys, i have been struggling to find a good place that does a good job. Hey Raj, would it be ok for me to mention your name also; i was thinking to go to TintMax and ask for Steve; it seems that he is the man for the job. thanks.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:39 PM
stuck in traffic...

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by rbgilparra
Hello all,
i'm also looking to have my windows tinted; and like some of you guys, i have been struggling to find a good place that does a good job. Hey Raj, would it be ok for me to mention your name also; i was thinking to go to TintMax and ask for Steve; it seems that he is the man for the job. thanks.
yeah go with steven at tintmax he does a great job.... he tinted my windows and it looks awesome....
Old 08-19-2009, 10:00 AM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Originally Posted by CMCx2009
I just posted a thread about this, NY seeking good tint job.
So where should I go on LI...I hear about staying away from Tint in Farmingdale... I dont really wanna go to flushing, but if i have to...
Go to Flushing... its a one time deal and you will be happy for the rest of your ownership.

Originally Posted by rbgilparra
Hello all,
Definitely mention my name.. he might cut you a break.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 2fast4uTL
yeah go with steven at tintmax he does a great job.... he tinted my windows and it looks awesome....
He did my old CL. I couldnt get an appointment with him for the MDX and went with someone else and I still regret it. I would go back and recommend him too.

He's also got good quality tints, not some no-name, unbranded stuff.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:29 PM
Instructor

Tones Tunes in Commack NY, on LI in Suffolk COunty... Great service, reputable and uses LLUMAR brand tint=the best