NY/NJ New Jersey & New York

NYC tint tickets... found guilty or dismissed???

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 06:35 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NYC tint tickets... found guilty or dismissed???

I got a tint ticket last Thursday in queens ( I should of just came home, instead I chose to go see some family) anyway, supposedly nypd cut me a break and only gave me a ticket for one window. I couldn't be that mad, I got away with it 3 times before. So I'm asking if anyone ever got a summons for their tints? What was the outcome? Guilty or dismissed? Did you ever remove your tints or did you take the gamble and try to get away with it once again? What were the court fees? Did the cop show up? How was the judge? Thoughts? Comments? Questions?
Old 01-27-2012, 08:21 PM
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts
I havent gotten stopped, Knock on wood. But ive heard times where theyve given tickets for every window so you got let off pretty good.

My father got summond for tints, Actually Removed them! Took pictures of the car and brought em to court with him. Judge said it didnt matter he was guilty and had to pay the fine.

He could have gotten an asshole judge,but if i get summon'd theyre staying on. Not going to remove the tint to still have to pay.

According to the Fordham Rd DMV in the Bronx, Tint isnt a FIX IT ticket.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:47 PM
Advanced

I hear that, I might just plead guilty and pay for it. They said it doesn't go on the license as any points. And i don't want to take em off... im not digging the fish bowl look. I just wanted to know how much it cost. The meter the cop pulled out showed 23% light transmit. The rear are even darker, I'm thinking 5%. Funny thing is.... I bought the car from a cop n he was the one that tinted em. Pba car isint gonna save me neither.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:56 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Slick Rik
I hear that, I might just plead guilty and pay for it. They said it doesn't go on the license as any points. And i don't want to take em off... im not digging the fish bowl look. I just wanted to know how much it cost. The meter the cop pulled out showed 23% light transmit. The rear are even darker, I'm thinking 5%. Funny thing is.... I bought the car from a cop n he was the one that tinted em. Pba car isint gonna save me neither.
Yep, theres no fighting it. I want to say my father paid $125 for 2 windows?
If i can remember correctly. He was issued for the 2 front windows.

Dont remove em, fuck them pigs, when i know im going to pass em at night i usually just lower my windows etc.
The following users liked this post:
ABP_04TL (02-01-2012)
Old 01-27-2012, 10:00 PM
Advanced

Yea I'm gonna pay it then.... I got a appt with my eye Dr. I'll see if he can get me a waiver. A few of my cousins in NJ n Delaware got it n they got their tints limo'ed out.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:04 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Slick Rik
Yea I'm gonna pay it then.... I got a appt with my eye Dr. I'll see if he can get me a waiver. A few of my cousins in NJ n Delaware got it n they got their tints limo'ed out.
LOL my boy just got summoned yesterday, 20% all around..
And said he was making an appt to get the same thing !!

if that works for you guys im definitely trying for one!
Old 01-27-2012, 10:37 PM
Advanced

I'll keep you posted....
Old 01-28-2012, 10:12 PM
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
What part of queens? and Def keep use posted on the Dr note.. I might wanna try. But with all honesty Headlights bother me alot at night.. my eyes get all teary and ish lol..
Old 01-28-2012, 11:00 PM
Advanced

I got off the gcp n 168... n I rode the service to parson... some thing like that... I made the left at the light n they pulled up on me... but it sounds like you need a waiver also... lol
Old 01-29-2012, 12:04 PM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
in jersey only the front 2 are illegal to have tinted. the back can be done above 5%. i got a ticket in jersey 2 weeks ago, $54 bucks, thats it. got 35 in the front, 20 in the back. the cop was nice and didnt give me the speeding ticket of 61 in a 35. he's like i'l let you off with a tint ticket, i said thanks haha
Old 01-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Advanced

$54 Bucks is better any day over a speeding ticket.... points, insurance, time.... Ill def take the tint ticket.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
I got pulled over today in east Brunswick for tints $55 ugh money that could've gone towards something for my car
Old 01-29-2012, 10:51 PM
Told Ya'LL...DYNASTY !!

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
i used to have 5% all around 35% on the windshield.. local nassau cop that hated me always gave 6 tickets every time he pulled me over... 1 for each window... I've since changed them to 35% all around but rolled with the 5% for 3-4 years... every time i just went to court with a receipt from my tint guy saying they were "removed" ... in reality i never touched them but the judge dismissed all the tickets every time !!! pretty sure he even put in a complaint against the officer for unnecessary tickets... last time i checked tint tickets are fix it tickets...
Old 02-01-2012, 08:57 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just got pull over by a state trooper on the turnpike...reason why because my tints were too dark...i know he was just being a prick..i have 35% on the rear n 25% on the driver and passenger side but lucky me he game me a warning ticket
Old 02-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pay the ticket and keep it movin.
ABP_04TL (02-02-2012)
Old 02-02-2012, 04:49 AM
6-SPEED LOVER

Received 122 Likes on 90 Posts
^ +1
Old 02-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I must of got 15 tint tickets if not more my whole life...and take it from me you CAN fight them...i just got tired of being pulled over and went legal all over. Waste of time and money. You wont be able to fight off all the tickets but for the most part depending on your gift of gab you might be able to get out of a few
AcuraAddic (02-08-2012)
Old 02-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
Simple... done this plenty.... 2 options available

1. Go to your installer get a fake receipt that you removed the tints and show it in court.
Outcome: They will dismiss the ticket but you will be responsible for the administrative fees or some shit.. basically your still going to pay a little but alot less

2. Just pay the ticket and move on

My dad once got a tint ticket for all 4 windows from this dick of a cop and so I got a fake receipt of removal... and then showed that in court... they dismissed all tickets (worth something like $350) and it was knocked down to just fees which was like $35.

If the city wants to play games... we just got learn to play the game as well.
The following 3 users liked this post by Elegant TYPE S:
ABP_04TL (02-03-2012), Slick Rik (02-03-2012), XxXboboXxX (02-03-2012)
Old 02-03-2012, 04:44 PM
Racer

^^ what he said
Old 02-04-2012, 12:11 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Missed my court date for a tint ticket I got in Queens, went to the DMV to reschedule and was told even if tints are removed I am still guilty and must pay the fine. Still felt like I could get away with it..-_- Had to put down a $40 deposit for the new date and if it doesn't get dismissed money goes towards the fine.

Wasted time taking the tints off wasted a day at the DMV and wasted more $$ getting lighter front window tints. Got a court date for 7months from the day of.

I WISH I would have just paid the $90 ticket and kept it moving 5% all around
Old 02-04-2012, 01:13 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Should of showed up to court they would of reduce the fine, but a word of advice. If a cop pulls you over, lower all your windows. I got this advice from a cop who has tints on his car. This will show your not trying to hide anything and most likely not get you a tint ticket.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:00 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by MoaarLow

My father got summond for tints, Actually Removed them! Took pictures of the car and brought em to court with him. Judge said it didnt matter he was guilty and had to pay the fine.

According to the Fordham Rd DMV in the Bronx, Tint isnt a FIX IT ticket.
Originally Posted by WIZ2010
Missed my court date for a tint ticket I got in Queens, went to the DMV to reschedule and was told even if tints are removed I am still guilty and must pay the fine. Still felt like I could get away with it..-_- Had to put down a $40 deposit for the new date and if it doesn't get dismissed money goes towards the fine.

Wasted time taking the tints off wasted a day at the DMV and wasted more $$ getting lighter front window tints. Got a court date for 7months from the day of.

I WISH I would have just paid the $90 ticket and kept it moving 5% all around
Same story as my Fathers. I wouldnt have changed it. And the court told him the same thing about whether he fixed or not
Old 02-05-2012, 10:21 AM
Racer

You don't want tint tickets...don't get dark tints. If you get 5% all around get ready to cough it up ever time u get pulled over....the city's short on cash their gonna love making $$ off your car
Old 02-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Deerole
You don't want tint tickets...don't get dark tints. If you get 5% all around get ready to cough it up ever time u get pulled over....the city's short on cash their gonna love making $$ off your car
QFT. i got 35% in the front, 20 in the back, and rear windshield. its dark enough for me to have my privacy, and for the car to look nice, but its not pitch dark where cops wanna pull me over. i've driven next to cops with the tint, and they don't mind. ny and nj alike. been pulled over a dozen times, and only 1 ticket as i said, which saved me from a moving violation. tint ticket > points and fine lmao
Old 02-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Racer

^^your always going to have that 1 cops whos going to be a ****. The back window tint is the one that really gets their eyes. If all your windows are 35% and the back is really light they wont even notice it (most of the time). I kid you not ive gotten way over 15 tint tix...i went all legal after my pockets started to get a brain...but this was all when i was living upstate...city is more lenient
Old 02-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Guys simple trick ..... if you get pulled over throw your interior lights on right away. All of them. The cop will immediately be able to see inside and they will appreciate it because they don't have to worry about their lives. That's really the main reason for the tint laws.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by elegant type s
guys simple trick ..... If you get pulled over throw your interior lights on right away. All of them. The cop will immediately be able to see inside and they will appreciate it because they don't have to worry about their lives. That's really the main reason for the tint laws.
+1
Old 02-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Drifting

Received 416 Likes on 365 Posts
Originally Posted by Elegant TYPE S
Guys simple trick ..... if you get pulled over throw your interior lights on right away. All of them. The cop will immediately be able to see inside and they will appreciate it because they don't have to worry about their lives. That's really the main reason for the tint laws.

I do agree with turning on interior lights and lowering windows and hate to be arguementative but I'm pretty sure that's not why tint laws are in place. How would an officers life be in danger by a motorist observing traffic laws but with a tint (light or dark) unless they stop that would be potentially dangerous motorist on the basis of them have tinted windows? Get what I mean?

I didn't make the laws but I think tint laws are in place to prevent people from creating an unsafe driving environment for themselves/others, stop people from obstructing justice (cellphone use) or attempting to conceal their or passengers identity(ies).

Last edited by HeartTLs; 02-08-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Elegant TYPE S
turning interior lights on may help out in the night, but it wont change the fact that they pulled you over because of dark tints. Its still dark reguardless if the lights are on and off.

and one way you can get lucky if they ever pull you over for tints is if they put the tint reader on your door window without cleaning it. That can cause the ticket to get dismissed because if the officer didnt take the time to clean the dirt from the window which could possibly cause the meter to read inaccurately its been proven! Their supposed to clean the window.

Last edited by JDM Inspired; 02-09-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Originally Posted by JDM Inspired
turning interior lights on may help out in the night, but it wont change the fact that they pulled you over because of dark tints. Its still dark reguardless if the lights are on and off.

and one way you can get lucky if they ever pull you over for tints is if they put the tint reader on your door window without cleaning it. That can cause the ticket to get dismissed because if the officer didnt take the time to clean the dirt from the window which could possibly cause the meter to read inaccurately its been proven! Their supposed to clean the window.
Or another way you can get off is tell them your a doctor and show them a script for needing tints due to photophobia secondary to (insert disease here) and be good. Works for me...
Old 02-29-2012, 05:59 PM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
ive gotten away with tints a couple of time now i would just get another car with same color i got the ticket in and swap plates and take pictures and thats it save myself $100 and keep my tints )
Old 03-02-2012, 06:52 AM
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
With hearing some of your stories I'm going to guess that its not like it in NY, but as a warning in Virginia we had a cop talk to our command just as a safety thing and took question. He did mention that in Va at least getting tint summons 3 times in any period of time here goes on your record as reckless driving which never leaves your record. How true it is I do not know, but the guy did answer multiple question with a pretty legit answer as to he only pulls people over with 15mph and more. You can take it with a grain of salt but it is a thought if that is true you may want to find out if NY/NJ has the same rules.

Originally Posted by HeartTLs
I do agree with turning on interior lights and lowering windows and hate to be arguementative but I'm pretty sure that's not why tint laws are in place. How would an officers life be in danger by a motorist observing traffic laws but with a tint (light or dark) unless they stop that would be potentially dangerous motorist on the basis of them have tinted windows? Get what I mean?

I didn't make the laws but I think tint laws are in place to prevent people from creating an unsafe driving environment for themselves/others, stop people from obstructing justice (cellphone use) or attempting to conceal their or passengers identity(ies).
I am not 100% sure about this answer either as I heard it only from my father and thats it, but he was a cop from the 70s-90s. He told me the other day that is actually the reason tint laws were put into place. The law actually originally started in NJ as cops were getting shot years ago. They would do a normal traffic stop but the car would have limo tints on it and would be a drug dealer or something similars car. They would walk up not being able to see and end up getting shot. This was happening too often so NJ put a law for the window tint and other states followed.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:17 AM
Advanced

Final Outcome:.... Dismissed.... I provided pics of my boys 3G SSM with no tints, I got a fake receipt and provided this all to the judge. only thing was the cop gave the wrong date and Judge dismissed it.... BOSS

Ticket date: 1/19/12
Cop said: 1/19/11
Old 07-25-2012, 02:40 AM
Safety Car

so you perjured yourself in a court of law to avoid pay a 50-100 ticket, congrats? what do you want us to say lol. you literally just admitted to committing a felony on the internet. +1 to you buddy

as steve posted above, the tint law originated in NJ, and the reason was because people could hide a gun or something behind a half lowered window and shoot a cop. i'm a 19 year old that drives a shiny new car with tint, cops don't love me too much. i've been pulled over more than a dozen times, and my procedure is always the same, especially at night, 4-way flashers on, immediately pulled over as far to the right as i can, engine off, interior lights on, and windows fully down. i've gotten 1 tint ticket when i got pulled over for 61 in a 35, officer let me off. i said thank you and paid the ticket

Last edited by PyroDave; 07-25-2012 at 02:44 AM.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:16 PM
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts
I got stop in queens Saturday night cop give me two tickets for the rear windows. I plan to go to court mabe he won't show up.
Old 07-26-2012, 03:35 PM
Cruisin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have 5% tints all around. I also live in Queens !. No tickets yet but have been pulled over MANY TIMES for them.

Ive gotten a ticket for my tints in suffolk county when i had an integra.Plead not guilty b4 my hearing date I went to a friends shop and got a tint removal recpt. Gave it to the judge and he dismissed my ticket.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:56 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Vidol642
I got stop in queens Saturday night cop give me two tickets for the rear windows. I plan to go to court mabe he won't show up.
You're out of luck. Cop will show up because he/she will be summoned for a court date just like you to traffic court, unless it's his/her vacation week. Otherwise, get ready to go head on with your story.

70% tint and above is legal in NYC, so why don't you go that way. And if you have a 2012 PBA card from a Policer Officer in your family or as a friend, that'll save you from the summons/ticket if your demeanor at the car stop is decent. The officer has to honor the PBA card as long as you're respectful and card has all the required information that ought to be on the back of it.

The officer will certainly use his/her discretion if you're nice when he/she requests driver's license, registration and insurance. NEVER SAY WHAT DID I DO WHEN YOU INDEED ARE AWARE OF WHAT YOU DID. Just be an adult and not a "teenager." lol

***Tips:

-Always make sure officer's name is where it says: Issued by,

-That your own name is where it says: Issued to,

-Officer's shield# and precinct are noted on the back of the current year PBA card.

-And that officer's phone# is legibly written in case he/she needs to verify if that card is in the right hand.

***And oh, KEEP it next to or with your driver's license...

$$$ One last thing, if the officer is your family member or a very good friend, he/she'll make sure you get whatever else he/she feels like giving you to make it complete.

Posted from Acurazine.com App for Android
Old 07-26-2012, 07:05 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Deerole
Quote:

Originally Posted by elegant type s

guys simple trick ..... If you get pulled over throw your interior lights on right away. All of them. The cop will immediately be able to see inside and they will appreciate it because they don't have to worry about their lives. That's really the main reason for the tint laws.

+1
----------------------------------

***In addition to turning all your interior lights on,

-roll down all your windows,
-turn off ignition/engine,
-put keys on the roof,
-and pur your hands on the steering wheel.

ALL OF THAT is for your safety and his/hers.

"Knowledge is power."

Old 07-26-2012, 07:18 PM
8th Gear

And if you frequent friends who smoke illegal drugs, then don't drive their vehicles because any "roach" or residue that is found will result in you getting in handcuff for something that doesn't belong to you but is found in public view.

Unfortunately, anybody else found is that car will be searched because the officer is permitted by New York State Vehicle Traffic/Procedures Law to do so. If get stopped and the officer smells a marijuana or any other smell of drugs in the car, you'll frisked and searched and the car will be searched as well.

***And if your so-called value your friendship, he/she will admit that the drug is his/hers so you won't get in trouble when you're indeed innocent, if you're both in the vehicle.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:09 AM
A6 and TL

Received 145 Likes on 123 Posts
Got another tint ticket. wooooo :C.

Last edited by Aretardedorange; 07-27-2012 at 04:12 AM.

Quick Reply: NYC tint tickets... found guilty or dismissed???