NY/NJ New Jersey & New York

NY Photography needed for RonJon Shoots...

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 09:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
NY Photography needed for RonJon Shoots...

ok, I got a bunch of new wheels in the warehouse and some different wheel / tire combos I plan on shooting on a variety of Acura's and Honda's. I have some decent skills shooting cars, but I really want someone who knows their way around a DSLR and can get the awesome HD effect on the pics. In some cases I have one or two wheels and would have to chop the front wheel onto the rear, but otherwise, I want to keep editing to a minimum. Choice of pay or heavily discounted wheels can be discussed. We can also have a mini meet going for anybody else who wants to hang out during the shoot. I'm in Yonkers and I think Executive Blvd would be a great place to shoot. So anybody who thinks they can roll with what I said, let me know, post up some examples of your photography skills and your email, so i can contact you.

Here's a basic idea of the type of photos I am looking for:

If pics don't show, my host is probably doing maintenance or something, check back tomorrow.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:25 AM
too much money for

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
cool when is it?
Old 01-21-2010, 03:09 AM
CL9 ABP

Received 245 Likes on 112 Posts
Hey ron im back in town since i finished college. Ill have to hit this up I even got some great rig shots coming along lately =)
i know you wont see the rims really in rig shots but the bigger wheels will nice sweet.

Last edited by lcrazyaznl; 01-21-2010 at 03:13 AM.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Silly of me to forget, lcrazyaznl I'll be calling you soon, pm me your phone # to discuss.

As for a date, it's times like this a Twitter account comes in handy I guess.

I'll use this as the update thread, I'll set it up for next 2 weeks, I have a surgery coming up, and I'll need about a week to recover. By then, the weather should be better and we could make our rounds to each car and wheel. Also give me time to setup the tires on the sample wheels.

Here are the vehicles I would like to shoot:

1.) lcrazyaznl, your 1G TSX with Harrow 18" and 20"
2.) A lowered 3G TL (Type S prefered) with any body kit for Rev in both finishes.
3.) My CL or any additional non NBP CL.
4.) 4G TL (hopefully Blackura can come thru, I'll pm him) with 20" Harrow.
5.) 2G TSX, Lowered with bodykit to be mounted up with Rev and Harrow.
6.) any Honda and Acura SUV's like the 2G MDX.
7.) any other cars you guys can offer.

We can do individual shots and group shots, and if all works out, I WILL be putting out an ad in Super Street, Sport Compact Car or Honda Tuning, full page ad with all the cars on the page. That is for sure. We can have the whole thing documented and we'll have a behind the scenes shoot to use on our website showing the proccess.

On a sidenote, I am buying a boat load of tires, so if anybody is interested in the wheel and tire combos, there will be a pretty good discount on them, to help clear out the wheels and tires used in the shoot.

This should be fun to watch our hard work pop up in a Magazine!
Old 01-21-2010, 10:42 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I would like to come and watch. Post details when finalized. I have over 30 years of photography experience and lots of good equipment but I see you have already found your photographer.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Instructor

Hey. I have a stock 2G vbp tsx, except for window tints, but I'm interested in just coming down and checking out the shoot. I'm interested in getting Legends for my car so I might show up and whatch. Post up the info and ill see if I can make it. Thanks
Old 01-21-2010, 02:45 PM

Received 9,524 Likes on 6,180 Posts
Ron if I get dropped and can't sell the Legend II's, I wouldn't mind doing a shoot. Maybe I can arrange something with guys around here to get something going since you are in NY.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:21 PM
Safety Car

Received 88 Likes on 79 Posts
I'm decent given the right circumstances.

Shooting with Canon 5D Mark II and have available to me 24-105mm F4, 50mm F1.4 and 70-300mm zoom.

I will probably be one of the few who can record 1080p video in full HD with full size sensor.

Tripod included.

samples

Last edited by 037; 01-21-2010 at 05:25 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:29 PM
Safety Car

1 more...don't mean to hog all the thread space

Old 01-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Hey, the more pics the better, I mean, we can make this a cool meet. I'll let everybody know about the photos via pm, but overall, the goal is to get the wheels on some of the vehicles I mentioned, and to get some kick ass shots, then to get the magazine ad going with the best images.

King Meow, 037 and lcrazyaznl, I'll let you guys know whats up when we get an idea of which cars we'll be able to get.

Bigman09TSX and CltotheTl, you guys are welcome to participate in the shoot, I'll sedn you guys pms.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:28 PM
Safety Car

Ron, you can use my RL for the shoot if you like. I'm dropped on H&Rs...HID everything, LED interior.

Let me know when and I'll make sure the car is clean.

Also, I don't expect to get paid...but would appreciate wheel/tire discounts if available as I've been looking to upgrade.

A chance to be published is enough of a reward for me.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:28 PM
HOME SWEET HOME....

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd b down just to come through & see the shoot, plus see some nice wheels as im still looking around for a nice set.. just keep us posted on the date & time
Old 01-21-2010, 11:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 037
Ron, you can use my RL for the shoot if you like. I'm dropped on H&Rs...HID everything, LED interior.

Let me know when and I'll make sure the car is clean.

Also, I don't expect to get paid...but would appreciate wheel/tire discounts if available as I've been looking to upgrade.

A chance to be published is enough of a reward for me.
Oh, most definitely. The 20" Harrow would probably be the best bet. I would like to showcase the new Vega, but I only have one prototype and the rest of production is on it's way here. Can you imagine a single photo with the Blackura's TL, your RL and new TSX all with a variety of RJ wheels, especially in a new issue of HT? Then a few smaller tiles across the bottom of the page of the 3G TL, 1G TSX and 2G CL in a variety of scenes. I can picture it now.

As far as tires, I basically get them at different costs, but I do have a set of brand new Pirelli PZeros in 245/35/20. We can talk about that if interested.

Originally Posted by pbcmedia
I'd b down just to come through & see the shoot, plus see some nice wheels as im still looking around for a nice set.. just keep us posted on the date & time

next week, i'll have all the info ready, I'll keep you guys updated fo sho.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
How 'bout these by Mr. 037 himself?

Old 01-22-2010, 12:07 AM
CL9 ABP

Received 245 Likes on 112 Posts

heres the depth of field pictures you wanted ron
Old 01-22-2010, 01:43 AM
Advanced

i did some photography as well and im going to take pics of the my 2g tl this sunday. Hey ron im the same guy looking for the black face legends. Ill post my pics right after. ill be interested in watchin/shoot the event. im not a professional fotoguy but was trained by one
Old 01-22-2010, 08:47 AM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
I am 110% down....

Actually, I will have my H&R springs on by then hopefully, so the car will be lowered too!!

Keep us posted!!
Old 01-22-2010, 12:19 PM
6MT G37

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ron need any shots of your wheels on my car?

Oh crap! I drive an Infiniti! I don't come close.

I'm down to come by and check the meet out. Looks like it will be a pretty cool shoot.

Leo (037) and Jeff (|crazyazn|) def have some skills!
Old 01-22-2010, 12:58 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,860 Likes on 2,580 Posts
If I was finished with school I would come up to do the shoot but don't have a break till the beginning of March.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:56 PM
-x-
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Want to see some ronjon wheels on the Legend?? i know its gonna be extra hassle because of the size of the center hub but just let me know
Old 01-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by lcrazyaznl
heres the depth of field pictures you wanted ron
Don't worry, your the guy I am counting on, everybody else is welcome to shoot obviously since it will also be a meet.

Originally Posted by xplicitzTL
i did some photography as well and im going to take pics of the my 2g tl this sunday. Hey ron im the same guy looking for the black face legends. Ill post my pics right after. ill be interested in watchin/shoot the event. im not a professional fotoguy but was trained by one
Like I said, welcome to shoot away!

Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
I am 110% down....

Actually, I will have my H&R springs on by then hopefully, so the car will be lowered too!!

Keep us posted!!
Harrow 20" or Legend Type II 20" Liquid Graphite will be available to put on your ride. I just happen to have a set of 245/35/20 Pirelli PZero tires on hand too.

Originally Posted by Ruserious
Ron need any shots of your wheels on my car?

Oh crap! I drive an Infiniti! I don't come close.

I'm down to come by and check the meet out. Looks like it will be a pretty cool shoot.

Leo (037) and Jeff (|crazyazn|) def have some skills!
You are welcome to witness the Acura greatness!!!

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
If I was finished with school I would come up to do the shoot but don't have a break till the beginning of March.
If only uoiu still had the Devotions still on the car, odd that we went back to the 3 piece forged construction and design we used to have on your car, would make sense to have them in the shoot.

Originally Posted by -x-
Want to see some ronjon wheels on the Legend?? i know its gonna be extra hassle because of the size of the center hub but just let me know
Right, damn centerbore sucks. Would be rather cool to have a Legend and the 09 RL in the same shot. Hmmmm, maybe I might have a set milled, if only it wasn't so hard to sell a set to the Legend. Think we sold like 3 sets in the last 6 years.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:44 PM
im baaaack!!

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts
Im so there! Will be A spec'd up for this, yes!
Old 01-23-2010, 04:23 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 574 Likes on 409 Posts
why i dont have the other color than NBP i would like just come and watch. i know nice spot in NJ :P look at my avatar

i know the guy that has CL in SMR 6speed

Last edited by StreetKA; 01-23-2010 at 04:27 AM.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:17 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,860 Likes on 2,580 Posts
Originally Posted by rondog
If only uoiu still had the Devotions still on the car, odd that we went back to the 3 piece forged construction and design we used to have on your car, would make sense to have them in the shoot.
I still have them actually. are you back to using the original design or using the new modified design as I would like to get a replacement wheel since I haven't been able to get the one fixed that is bent. I have been told the one set of spokes twisted a little bit so they won't try.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:58 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would love to come check this out... I dont have an acura and obviously couldnt use the rims but I would love to take some pictures!!
Old 01-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Low is a Lifestyle.

wish i could be around to see some rev's on my car. i like the design a lot... :/
Old 01-25-2010, 12:05 PM
Drifting

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts
I don't know if you need/want a CBP 4G to include...but depending on when you do it, I might be able to drive down from Boston and join in. Some discounted Legends II's w/ tires would totally make the trip worth it. But I'm happy to help out either way if needed.
Old 01-25-2010, 06:06 PM
im baaaack!!

I would like to see some 5x120 20" lengend II. I might want a set in liquid silver.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by StreetKA
why i dont have the other color than NBP i would like just come and watch. i know nice spot in NJ :P look at my avatar

i know the guy that has CL in SMR 6speed
Everybody is welcome to come, but only select cars will be included in the shoot for obvious reasons.

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
I still have them actually. are you back to using the original design or using the new modified design as I would like to get a replacement wheel since I haven't been able to get the one fixed that is bent. I have been told the one set of spokes twisted a little bit so they won't try.
I think i can get that fixed for you, lips can be replaced, wheels can be straightened if they can be inspected and approved first, and polishing can be completed, to factory specs. I got the info on my site, links section, or call me.

Originally Posted by remikinz
I would love to come check this out... I dont have an acura and obviously couldnt use the rims but I would love to take some pictures!!
Sure, you are welcome to come!

Originally Posted by CGP CL9
wish i could be around to see some rev's on my car. i like the design a lot... :/
They just might work, but with a 32mm offset, they weren't intended to fit the TSX like other wheels we carry. Might have to roll fenders. Look here to see how they fit the front of my CL, pretty damn aggressive:
(scroll to the bottom)
http://www.ronjonwheels.com/rev.html

Originally Posted by petec2010
I don't know if you need/want a CBP 4G to include...but depending on when you do it, I might be able to drive down from Boston and join in. Some discounted Legends II's w/ tires would totally make the trip worth it. But I'm happy to help out either way if needed.
We can arrange the wheels and tires to be mounted together and ready to bolt on, then you would surely be in the shoot along with Blackura. Be nice to get a Yin-Yang style photoshoot.
You've got pm.

Originally Posted by T-jay
I would like to see some 5x120 20" lengend II. I might want a set in liquid silver.
Those will not fit your car unless you went with the 32mm oiffset.

Have you considered the Harrow?
Old 01-25-2010, 09:37 PM
Instructor

Hey I posted already before but ijust wanted to ask if even though my 09 vbp tsx is pretty much stock (hopefully by then I will have finished my headlight And taillight tints), could it still be used in the photoshoot or are you looking for a really modified one?? Thanks. Hopefully I can make this!!
Old 01-26-2010, 07:12 AM
im baaaack!!

The legend II are the only ones that make me drool
Old 01-26-2010, 08:48 AM
Low is a Lifestyle.

ron... the only way theyd fit is if the tires were stretched. my car is realllly low lol.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bigman09TSX
Hey I posted already before but ijust wanted to ask if even though my 09 vbp tsx is pretty much stock (hopefully by then I will have finished my headlight And taillight tints), could it still be used in the photoshoot or are you looking for a really modified one?? Thanks. Hopefully I can make this!!
Once I figure out which cars and wheels will be used, I'll give everyone a heads up, I already have your contact info I believe.

Originally Posted by T-jay
The legend II are the only ones that make me drool
Yeah, I know, but the brakes on the RL really hinder the availability of big sized lips. Unless you can hang with a 32mm offset, they won't fit.

Originally Posted by CGP CL9
ron... the only way theyd fit is if the tires were stretched. my car is realllly low lol.
Yeah, these wheel were really intended for the 3G TL.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:54 PM
WiCk3D >TL TyPe-S< iN

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yo wat up ron...i got 3G TL 2008 NBP TYPE-S...all stock...just got some drill rotors on the back and front of the car ....with smoke out tail light and side marker ..TINTED windows
other wise i would love to come and see the shoot....

Last edited by bLaCk iCe; 01-27-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Ok, I need those interested in participating to fill in the following info and email me ( info@ronjonwheels.com )so I can get this organized:

1.) Vehicle Year, make, model, transmission, color and if the car is lowered or body kitted.

2.) if you can participate in the shoot on Saturday Feb. 6th.

3.) if you are interested in any RJ wheels, let me know the preference of size, style, finish and tire.

4.) phone # contact so we can arrange the shoot.

We will be mounting a bunch of sets with tires, and if I can sell them at a discount, that would help alot because I would rather people drive off with them, rather than have to dismount everything and store it in my warehouse. Info on discounts will be in the emails.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:22 PM
Cruisin'

a
Old 01-29-2010, 11:30 AM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
shot u an email
Old 02-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Update:

Saturday, Feb. 6th looks like it's going to be Brick outside, and big chance of snow.

I also have been so busy that I haven't have had time to get all the tires and stuff, so I will probably need more time anyway.

I'll update this thread as time goes on, but Feb 20th I plan to definitely shoot Pete's TL, so that might be the new date.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:45 AM
Drifting

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts
Saturday is looking like sunny and in the 30's. I'm getting some rhinoplasty done on the TL today... Should be ready to go for the 20th!
Old 02-16-2010, 10:22 AM
Safety Car

I got a spoiler on the back seat, won't be able to install it by Sat.

Are we still on?

Quick Reply: NY Photography needed for RonJon Shoots...