NY/NJ New Jersey & New York

NY Nassau/Eastern Queens Dinner & Meet, Fall-kickoff

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 08:28 PM
Safety Car

Received 134 Likes on 77 Posts
NY Nassau/Eastern Queens Dinner & Meet, Fall-kickoff

Since I am not very hopeful for the Heckscher State Park meet..

Hey everyone, I haven't been to a meet in I'd say 2 years () and I really would like to get all the Nassau or Eastern Queens people together before it becomes unbearably cold. Tolerable pea-coat weather I would say is around 55-60, luckily right now the temperatures are hovering around 60-65.

Hopefully this thread can accommodate those in L.I., not too far out. Being that it is LI, there are a multitude of locations we can choose from with wide open spaces and many places to eat. There is also less traffic getting to a LI location due to the lack of bridges and tolls.

Some thoughts that ran through my mind: The Source restaurants: Cheesecake Factory, P.F. Changs.. the lot on the D&B side is wide open, and Dave and Busters is within the same building. There is also California Pizza Kitchen on Old Country Road.

I'm not too familiar with restaurants further out in the island, but if there is accommodating space for our cars (I'd be happy to see 15-20 people) with restaurants, please list them here.

I was hoping to shoot for October 30, or November 6, both Sundays.
2p-5p, in time for an early dinner.

The lot for the meet and the restaurant do not even have to be in the same location, in fact it can potentially be fun to caravan to the restaurant after the meet.

Let's hear ideas!

Last edited by bforbrian; 10-19-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:06 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im down to go I've never been to a meet yet and i have two friends with 3g tl's also who i think would want to go.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:11 PM
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
I'm down for California pizza kitchen..I think the 30th of this month sounds good.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Safety Car

Nice, as a tentative beginning point:
I know 10/30 is close to Halloween but seriously, what do people do on Sundays before halloween?

10/30/11, 2PM, Westbury Home Depot Lot (meet), CA Pizza Kitchen Dinner:

Any other suggestions please post!

1. bforbrian
2. pykid
3. rhafikjaan
Old 10-20-2011, 07:51 AM
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
why dont u guys just go to dinner or whatever u guys wanna do spend bonding time with each other after the Heckscher State park meet, im pretty sure its around the same area. I just dont get how some members wont even support our Own Acurazine Carmeet, we have about 40+ photographers covering the event, and this wont be a regular event. Its gonna be a great turnout, why cant some people come out of their shells and man up, rather than being antisocial with the rest of the car community?

Im only saying so much cause I want out Azine members out their, its our headquarters!

Last edited by JDM Inspired; 10-20-2011 at 08:03 AM.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:02 AM
Drifting

Received 416 Likes on 365 Posts
Bear mountain meets are actually the most fun I've had at any meet, then the Hooters meets w/ swindle crew.

And while it is a straight shot on the highway, every time I take that highway there's always heavy traffic.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:41 AM
Drifting

^ u should join the Queens Caravan and experience a massive roll out
Old 10-20-2011, 11:49 AM
10th Gear

ill hopefully be at the Heckscher park meet too idk if ill be busy that day but im going to really try to make it out there
Old 10-20-2011, 02:07 PM
WDP 4G

Received 75 Likes on 67 Posts
CA pizza kitchen off old country road?
Old 10-20-2011, 04:11 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by JDM Inspired
why dont u guys just go to dinner or whatever u guys wanna do spend bonding time with each other after the Heckscher State park meet, im pretty sure its around the same area. I just dont get how some members wont even support our Own Acurazine Carmeet, we have about 40+ photographers covering the event, and this wont be a regular event. Its gonna be a great turnout, why cant some people come out of their shells and man up, rather than being antisocial with the rest of the car community?

Im only saying so much cause I want out Azine members out their, its our headquarters!
For one thing, many of us don't feel comfortable driving to Heckscher considering that someone has died en route to that location. It's not about being anti-social, I'm sure most of us aren't. This meet was planned for those not 30 miles out into the island, and this meet is for a smaller crowd; I'd rather not have 30 people at a dinner table. Further, this event is an AZ exclusive meet. The more Nissans, Hondas, Infinitis, etc, as in the Heckscher meet, the more childish play there will be. The Heckscher meets have been losing their touch over the past years..

Remember, this isn't a full out meet like the Heckscher is intended to be, it's a little get together with dinner.

Al, ya CA pizza kitchen off Old Country Road.

Last edited by bforbrian; 10-20-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:21 PM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
my child will be due around this time.f
Old 10-20-2011, 07:25 PM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
I wouldn't recommend the source mall on a Sunday. I used to work at of Changs and that place is packed on the weekends. There's a precinct right that in the same lot. If anything I would recommend houlighans on Merrick ave.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:27 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by bforbrian
For one thing, many of us don't feel comfortable driving to Heckscher considering that someone has died en route to that location. It's not about being anti-social, I'm sure most of us aren't. This meet was planned for those not 30 miles out into the island, and this meet is for a smaller crowd; I'd rather not have 30 people at a dinner table. Further, this event is an AZ exclusive meet. The more Nissans, Hondas, Infinitis, etc, as in the Heckscher meet, the more childish play there will be. The Heckscher meets have been losing their touch over the past years..

Remember, this isn't a full out meet like the Heckscher is intended to be, it's a little get together with dinner.

Al, ya CA pizza kitchen off Old Country Road.
BTW it was my friend who passed away, and my friend Tesh from Headlight theory it was his Best Friend who passed away, we both are doing a cruise to the park as a dedication to him. I dont understand how can u say the more childish play there will be if other forums are invited?? its a dam car meet, u really sound like one of those anti-social people and im being honest with you. You dont want to attend the carmeet because other forums will be invited?? Its people like you who causes tension between forums, rather than bringing everyone together u rather stay in a corner by yourself and be an outcast.

When was there ever any childish play? You say u rather "NOT" have 30 people at a Dinner table? so I guess out of the thousands and hundreds of members on "Acurazine" only less than 25 will be invited to an Exclusive Azine dinner? Are u kidding me?

And u claim Heckscher State park meets have been loosing their touch? How about u try putting in some effort to make it work, even though a few members show up whenever I do this event, I still do another one because the turnouts always great, but no u rather go eat with 20 males.......smh

Last edited by JDM Inspired; 10-20-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:21 PM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts
B, When you got a set date/time create a new thread and i'll sticky it up.

JDM, You asked me to clean up your hecksher meet thread and then you come to 2 threads and talk bad about other people's LOCAL meets.. Drop it bro.. You got hecksher going on. Not everybody wants to do that kind of scene, take that drive, or even spend that money.. Some people like to do the 20 car "mini" meet. And its not about being gay as you insinuated, its hanging out with other ACURA enthusiast and since local, you probably know them already...
The following users liked this post:
bforbrian (10-20-2011)
Old 10-20-2011, 10:54 PM
Safety Car

BTW it was my friend who passed away, and my friend Tesh from Headlight theory it was his Best Friend who passed away, we both are doing a cruise to the park as a dedication to him. I dont understand how can u say the more childish play there will be if other forums are invited?? its a dam car meet, u really sound like one of those anti-social people and im being honest with you. You dont want to attend the carmeet because other forums will be invited?? Its people like you who causes tension between forums, rather than bringing everyone together u rather stay in a corner by yourself and be an outcast.

When was there ever any childish play? You say u rather "NOT" have 30 people at a Dinner table? so I guess out of the thousands and hundreds of members on "Acurazine" only less than 25 will be invited to an Exclusive Azine dinner? Are u kidding me?

And u claim Heckscher State park meets have been loosing their touch? How about u try putting in some effort to make it work, even though a few members show up whenever I do this event, I still do another one because the turnouts always great, but no u rather go eat with 20 males.......smh
whoa, calm down lol

Don't talk to me like you know me, calling me anti-social..... listen to this guy..... I'm not putting a number on this event but this event wasn't publicized to other forums... hence AZ members will show... And I HAVE been putting effort, I've been to 3 Heckscher meets and every successive time I attend I've noticed a decrease in attendance and an increase in childish play.

You need to relax. This event is on a completely different platform... you do your big car meet with 40+ photographers, we'll have a mini social over some food. Which is what I was looking for.

And
Its people like you who causes tension between forums, rather than bringing everyone together u rather stay in a corner by yourself and be an outcast.
....really? lol.....
04WDPSeDaN (10-29-2011)
Old 10-20-2011, 11:00 PM
Safety Car

I just dont get how some members wont even support our Own Acurazine Carmeet, we have about 40+ photographers covering the event, and this wont be a regular event. Its gonna be a great turnout, why cant some people come out of their shells and man up, rather than being antisocial with the rest of the car community?
Your statement is based on the assumption that everyone who is interested in dinner and a mini meet for 10/30/11 won't show up to Heckscher. Mistake #1.

And of course the Heckscher meet is going to be a BIG event. There are other cars from other forums attending. My proposed meet is no where on that platform so don't think this meet is an alternative to yours. Mistake #2.

Why don't we man up and come out of our shells instead of acting like pariahs and social outcasts? Are you even educated?

The attitude from people like you, is what propels me to be disinclined to attend a meet galvanized by you. No thanks.

And stop crying.

Last edited by bforbrian; 10-20-2011 at 11:09 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:07 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by InFaMouSLink
B, When you got a set date/time create a new thread and i'll sticky it up.

JDM, You asked me to clean up your hecksher meet thread and then you come to 2 threads and talk bad about other people's LOCAL meets.. Drop it bro.. You got hecksher going on. Not everybody wants to do that kind of scene, take that drive, or even spend that money.. Some people like to do the 20 car "mini" meet. And its not about being gay as you insinuated, its hanging out with other ACURA enthusiast and since local, you probably know them already...
A, I see why they chose you to be a chapter leader!
Old 10-20-2011, 11:09 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Elite1982
I wouldn't recommend the source mall on a Sunday. I used to work at of Changs and that place is packed on the weekends. There's a precinct right that in the same lot. If anything I would recommend houlighans on Merrick ave.
That works too.. funny thing, I actually took my MCATs around that area
Old 10-20-2011, 11:11 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Blazing GT
I wish you a healthy baby
Old 10-21-2011, 02:03 AM
'That's what she said!'

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Brian, I would've joined you guys but I get back from a trip on that same day. Crap... Sounds like it's going to be fun...

Enjoy it fellas.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:04 AM
Drifting

1. bforbrian
2. pykid
3. rhafikjaan
4. HeartTLs
Old 10-21-2011, 12:42 PM
WDP 4G

1. bforbrian
2. pykid
3. rhafikjaan
4. HeartTLs
5. eazy

I'm down b. I don't get why JDM wants to start a soap opera over our meet. If people really want to go to heckscher they'll go. why does it matter if the people who don't want to go to the hecksher meet organize something else? If people are not comfortable driving on that road nothing you say is going to change that.

I ain't trying to throw fuel in the fire. Thats real talk
Old 10-21-2011, 03:13 PM
Safety Car

Yeah but you know what, "my" proposed meet wasn't even intended for people who "didn't want to go to Heckscher" per se. I was planning on going to both actually (now I'm second guessing). This is a social, that's a meet meet.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:19 PM
WDP 4G

Originally Posted by bforbrian
Yeah but you know what, "my" proposed meet wasn't even intended for people who "didn't want to go to Heckscher" per se. I was planning on going to both actually (now I'm second guessing). This is a social, that's a meet meet.
Yea my fault I know what you meant. I was kind of speaking for myself I guess
Old 10-21-2011, 03:21 PM
WDP 4G

Congrats bro!
Old 10-21-2011, 03:22 PM
WDP 4G

Originally Posted by renedcruz
Brian, I would've joined you guys but I get back from a trip on that same day. Crap... Sounds like it's going to be fun...

Enjoy it fellas.
Maybe you'll get back in time for the meet/dinner if you still want to come thru
Old 10-21-2011, 07:09 PM
under renovations....

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts
BTW it was my friend who passed away, and my friend Tesh from Headlight theory it was his Best Friend who passed away, we both are doing a cruise to the park as a dedication to him.
How is cruising to Heck a dedication, just asking. unless of course you plan on doing something at the spot where it happened like dropping flowers or something but if you plan on just driving by the spot sorry to say it's not much of a dedication just doing that.

I dont understand how can u say the more childish play there will be if other forums are invited?? its a dam car meet, u really sound like one of those anti-social people and im being honest with you. You dont want to attend the carmeet because other forums will be invited?? Its people like you who causes tension between forums, rather than bringing everyone together u rather stay in a corner by yourself and be an outcast.
B causing tension between forums?!?! I highly doubt that. The point he's trying to make is to keep the MINI meet exclusive to AZINE MEMBER'S not B20, Honda-Tech, and Tom Dick and Harry....

When was there ever any childish play?
The last 2 Heck meets i drove to people broke off to go speeding and racing thru the traffic. I had my son with me for one of those meets and I'll be damned some ass puts my kid in harms way for wanting to race another member. And yes I do know I don't have to be apart of it but when people are leading the way as I did for the BX/Westchester meet and then someone breaks off to speed and other members are in line and follow that person cause they think thats the route it causes problems. And yes it happened my last 2 out of 3 meets.

You say u rather "NOT" have 30 people at a Dinner table? so I guess out of the thousands and hundreds of members on "Acurazine" only less than 25 will be invited to an Exclusive Azine dinner? Are u kidding me?
Look back at his original post and you'll see he said "I'm not too familiar with restaurants further out in the island, but if there is accommodating space for our cars (I'd be happy to see 15-20 people) with restaurants, please list them here." I don't see anything about the phrase "rather NOT" in there.

Umm if I remember right Brian and Allon (Blackura) organized a few of the Heck meets so to say he should effort into it is kinda lame

This is exactly why the meets are getting crappy. The whole purpose of an Azine meet is for Azine people!!! Not Azine and another 20 forums regardless of being car enthusiasts. Back in the day when I did team-integra meets it was only us, same went for ep-hatch meets too. When you start inviting every other group the dumb-asses come out as well then the reckless driving begins and someone gets hurt like this last meet. And no I'm no insulting or blaming the person who passed but the facts are there.
04WDPSeDaN (10-29-2011)
Old 10-21-2011, 07:10 PM
under renovations....

Congrats bro
Old 10-26-2011, 08:19 PM
Safety Car

Yikes, would you guys be against pushing this event back a week?
I forgot it was my brother's bday; on top of that I have to go see a play with my gf.

Nov 6, any objections?
Old 10-27-2011, 09:20 AM
Drifting

Fine w/ me.
Old 10-27-2011, 11:42 AM
10th Gear

im ok with it
Old 10-27-2011, 04:32 PM
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
ok with it..for now
Old 10-28-2011, 08:09 AM
Drifting

I just wanna thank everyone who didnt show up to the Heckscher State Park event, thanks for the support because the event was more than Amazing, its was one of the biggest Events for the year not to mention we did a cruise with about 400 cars to the park and everything went great.

shout out to rhafikjaan for showing up and repping and 03TLS

shout outs to the 's who didnt believe this meet was worthy of attending.

And to the O.P bforbrian since you werent "very hopeful" of this event and made everyone else miss great coverages, wonderful pics from professional photographers that I got to take pics for everyone. You wanna have dinner dates when u made all these dude with nice cars miss out on such a great event. I hope u guys who didnt attend feel great that you missed one of the biggest Carmeet of the year hands down.

after this event I offically know that your a fool bforbrian in your words "not very hopeful of this event" with those words u made it seem like this event was gonna be trash. It only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch and I hope everyone thanks "bforbrian" for missing a great Carmeet, you guys could have had the sickest pics ever shot that Sunday, and for October weather it was GREAT.

Next time if anyone on here wants to attend a crazy epic carmeet, i'll let u know.

If anyone wants to go on dinner dates with 20 guys, hit up "bforbrian" by you wanting to be "exclusive" this Heckscher State park meet owned you, and u made all these dude with great cars miss out on some great coverage smh.

Last edited by JDM Inspired; 10-28-2011 at 08:23 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:33 AM
Safety Car

Old 10-28-2011, 11:42 AM
under renovations....

I just wanna thank everyone who didnt show up to the Heckscher State Park event, thanks for the support because the event was more than Amazing, its was one of the biggest Events for the year not to mention we did a cruise with about 400 cars to the park and everything went great.

And to the O.P bforbrian since you werent "very hopeful" of this event and made everyone else miss great coverages, wonderful pics from professional photographers that I got to take pics for everyone. You wanna have dinner dates when u made all these dude with nice cars miss out on such a great event. I hope u guys who didnt attend feel great that you missed one of the biggest Carmeet of the year hands down.

after this event I offically know that your a fool bforbrian in your words "not very hopeful of this event" with those words u made it seem like this event was gonna be trash. It only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch and I hope everyone thanks "bforbrian" for missing a great Carmeet, you guys could have had the sickest pics ever shot that Sunday, and for October weather it was GREAT.

Next time if anyone on here wants to attend a crazy epic carmeet, i'll let u know.

If anyone wants to go on dinner dates with 20 guys, hit up "bforbrian" by you wanting to be "exclusive" this Heckscher State park meet owned you, and u made all these dude with great cars miss out on some great coverage smh.
and yet you still attack peopleYou're welcome for my non-participation of a non Azine meet have a nice day!!
Old 10-28-2011, 11:48 AM
WDP 4G

dude you know you sound stupid right? not everyone gives a fuck bout professional pictures etc. you just fucking spread the word on meets. you ain't even a photographer son. you ain't no big shot promoter or nothing.

but yo if it makes you feel better bout yourself that you were part of this "EPIC" car meet good for you. tell your girl if she want to have dinner dates come holla at "eazy"

also get your shit straight. brian didn't make us miss the meet. whoever didn't go chose not to go. AND their not even on the same dates. you come in here all hyped about a meet tryna take credit for the "EPIC car meet of the year" #COMEONMAN

Last edited by eazy; 10-28-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:55 AM
under renovations....

Originally Posted by eazy
dude you know you sound stupid right? not everyone gives a fuck bout professional pictures etc. you just fucking spread the word on meets. you ain't even a photographer son. you ain't no big shot promoter or nothing.

but yo if it makes you feel better bout yourself that you were part of this "EPIC" car meet good for you. tell your girl if she want to have dinner dates come holla at "eazy"

also get your shit straight. brian didn't make us miss the meet. whoever didn't go chose not to go. AND their not even on the same dates. you come in here all hyped about a meet that you just spread word about tryna take credit for the "EPIC car meet of the year" #COMEONMAN
Old 10-28-2011, 01:14 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by eazy

also get your shit straight. brian didn't make us miss the meet. whoever didn't go chose not to go. AND their not even on the same dates. you come in here all hyped about a meet tryna take credit for the "EPIC car meet of the year" #COMEONMAN
I sound stupid?, please ur a , im sorry your car doesnt look good enough to be in pictures yet, like everyone else on here but let me know when it does, probably then u would actually want some pics, hey im jus sayin we had a time when people on here did appreciate High Quality pics of their own cars u do actually know right?

this meet was great like i said it would be, and I started the thread on Acurazine, for members on here to represent our forum, but yall failed on behalf of representing Acurazine. I did It because a group of people were using our main headquarters for an event, and I told them that as well, so why not take credit? everytime I threw an event at Heckscher State park it had hella cars. I even had members even sayin "only if we had more acurazine members out here" who was at the park itself. But like I said it took only one bad apple to spoil the bunch. lol at your photography comment, young grass hopper lol but I did invite the photographers who took a good majoirty of the best pics of the day

trust me if u did a car cruise that consisted of 400 cars, u would be too, but i dont think u ever had that feeling in your life and wont ever, tell my girl if she wanna have a dinner date with who??, u need to step ya whipp swagg up then holla back, lmao funniest shit i heard all year

step ya Acurazine points up then talk to me

And thank you Brians lawyer!

Last edited by JDM Inspired; 10-28-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:35 PM
Drifting

come on eazy nightrider had red lights in the front and the car was black, not the opposite
Old 10-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Drifting

u say im not a photographer? do u even know me? have u ever seen any of my work?, tell u one thing though, lets do a picture competition, i guarantee u wont win. When you create a cruise and pull up to a park like this, then come holla at me 400cars DEEP traffic for miles......

what u really sayin?

Last edited by JDM Inspired; 10-28-2011 at 01:53 PM.

Quick Reply: NY Nassau/Eastern Queens Dinner & Meet, Fall-kickoff