NY/NJ New Jersey & New York

Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 08:07 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help

just bought Acura TL,,,,,,,,196k Acura TL 2004. transmission act werid it works fine when car is cold but it slips once car is warm but 2 days ago i left car on for around 25 minutes and the transmission was working fine so i don't understand is the transmission done should i rebuild it or what is going on. also the car misfire some some reason i just changed the spark plugs to "NGK LASER IRIDIUM Spark Plug IZFR6K-11 # 6994" the old one when i took them out they were rusty and is was squeaking while i was taking them off. after i change them the car still miss fire for some reason but it ideal on normal base on .85 RP. i just bought
D900 engine code scan and it gave me those codes.

p0134 2/2 G
02 sensor circuit no Activity Detected (B-ank 1 sensor 1)

P2237 1/2 G
02 sensor positive C- urrent control Circuit/ open (Bnak 1 sensor 1)

M.A.P ....29Kpa
En&Speed 753.19 Rpm
Spark Adv.... 9.5BTDC
I.A.T... 30.0C
TPS.... 14.11%

if some one can tell me what what parts i need to buy and what is place buy to buy them and if there is topic on how to do it.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:26 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
What does that mean? This code refers to the front oxygen sensor on Bank 1. Basically the oxygen sensor is inactive. Here's why: The powertrain control module (PCM) provides a baseline voltage of about 450 mV on the oxygen sensor signal circuit. When cold, the PCM detects the the internal resistance of the sensor is high. As the sensor warms up the resistance is lowered and it starts producing voltage based on the oxygen content in the exhaust. When the PCM determines that the time it took for the sensor to warm up is greater than one minute or that the voltage is inactive (not reading outside 391-491 mV it views the sensor as inactive or open and sets the P0134 code. Potential Symptoms One or more of the following may occur: Check engine light illumination Poorly running/engine missing Blowing black smoke Poor fuel economy Dying, stuttering Causes A code P0134 may mean that one or more of the following has happened: Bad O2 (oxygen) sensor Bad heater circuit in the O2 sensor Wiring or connector to the sensor frayed / broken Blown heater circuit fuse Holes in the exhaust system PCM failure Possible Solutions The most common fix is to replace the oxygen sensor. But that doesn't rule out the possibility of: Rusted exhaust pipe Inspect wiring & connector(s) for problems Excessive amperage blowing heater fuse (still requires replacement of sensor but also replacement of blown fuse) Replace PCM (only as last resort after all other possibilities are covered.

Read more at: http://www.obd-codes.com/p0134
Copyright © OBD-Codes.com

Replace the faulty O2 sensor, but it may very well be possible you have a 2ndary issue for the misfire if the OEM SENSOR REPLACEMENT doesn't work to solve your running condition.