NY/NJ New Jersey & New York

Best Azine Member On Doing Any Mod or Conv.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 08:13 PM
2004 Aspec TL

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Best Azine Member On Doing Any Mod or Conv.

Been reading different threads on work done by
(JNC), (ACKTL05), & (TL2SLOW)

And I wanna know who is rated da best When it comes to all
three candidates.. As far as the Work, Quality & Pefection goes.
And who charges way 2 much..

I noticed that with (TL2SLOW), even though he's in Jersey, he works
with you. He does just the same work as JNC & ACKTL05. Only difference
is his rates are way more reasonable than if you used the other (2) members
on 1 job each put together... As far as(TL2SLOW) goes-- *HE'S JUST UNDERATED*!!

Looking for feedback on your thoughts.....
Old 08-07-2010, 04:13 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
idk the other two well i am gonna meet up with acktl05 soon but tl2slow is a good dude and when you go to his spot to get something done you get work done and you bullshit too hes a cool dude i dont need work done and we still bullshit
Old 08-08-2010, 11:06 AM
2004 NBP ACURA TL

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Yea tl2slow is the man defitnitely at the top of the list if you wanna get something done right and for a good price. I've been to his place twice and have gotten alot of stuff done over there, cool dude to hangout and bullshit like Blackout said.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:17 AM
Intermediate

Agreed. tl2slow is the man. He does great work and he'll work with you to make sure you're satisfied. Cool dude to talk to and appreciated the hospitality. If you need something done, I would recommend going to him. He knows his stuff.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 306 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by jurena
Yea tl2slow is the man defitnitely at the top of the list if you wanna get something done right and for a good price. I've been to his place twice and have gotten alot of stuff done over there, cool dude to hangout and bullshit like Blackout said.
Thats because this site charges $125 a month in vendor fees.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:23 PM
Bored at work

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Not trying to start no beef with anybody but if your going to charge PREMIUM PRICES, I would expect PREMIUM WORK. For the past couple of months I been redoing headlights and taillights done by other members on the forum. I won't mention names but I've seen it all from scotch tape holding wires together to people using Gorilla glue and window weld to seal up headlights and taillights. If your going to do something do it right the first time and don't charge an arm or leg for sh*tty work. I don't like fixing other people's f*c* up!!!
Old 08-08-2010, 11:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 306 Likes on 193 Posts
Originally Posted by tl2slow
Not trying to start no beef with anybody but if your going to charge PREMIUM PRICES, I would expect PREMIUM WORK. For the past couple of months I been redoing headlights and taillights done by other members on the forum. I won't mention names but I've seen it all from scotch tape holding wires together to people using Gorilla glue and window weld to seal up headlights and taillights. If your going to do something do it right the first time and don't charge an arm or leg for sh*tty work. I don't like fixing other people's f*c* up!!!
I charge a decent price but I do things the right way and use the right stuff, you get what you pay for. Testimonials from various members will say that tail lights are very time consuming and the money is worth it. Also, when I work on members cars, if they choose to speak on here, I point out so many flaws of how people treated there cars like shit. I even pointed out to someone that there car got into an accident and the dealer told them it wasn't! You learn a lot from taking a part a car to see if its properly taken care of. I am not trying to make a business proposition to anyone but I hear great things about TL2SLOW and I would recommend him to anyone.

Some people think that its easy to make money and just "make tail lights" and such because like TL2SLOW said I have also fixed many tail lights problems/wiring problems/fog light problems and so on. Things cost money and believe it or not with the time I put into a tail light to make it properly takes about 10 hours to make and about $50-60 in materials. (Glue, sealant, blades, sand paper, plastix to clean out the inside, compressor to blow out dirty/debris, primer, clear coat, paint, sometimes niteshade + the time). Plus I go out find tail lights and sell them for what I get them for, I order ZKWs for members and not charge a dime, I do the leg work for projects and get everything needed which is very time consuming. I stand behind my work and answer PMs/ emails/ phone calls about 10 times a day.

Last edited by AckTL05; 08-08-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:22 PM
ScoobyZINE

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Just drive down to TN and I'll do all the work for $3.95

All jokes aside, this is kind of a weird/controvercial thread
Old 08-09-2010, 08:25 AM
Cruisin'

tl2slow is the man
Old 08-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I can vouch for all three guys. JNC did my headlights, Never got any work done with AckTl05, but I see he does good work. Tl2slow has helped me with majority of my mods. And he is cool. If I had met him earlier I would have done my headlights with him. So I guess all depends who is closer to where you live, But I pratically drive three hours to go to Tl2slow's house to bug out and and mod our cars, and he doesnt do B.S work. He is also one of the few members from AZ that I actually chill with .

Last edited by el.profe; 08-09-2010 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Bored at work

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AckTL05
I charge a decent price but I do things the right way and use the right stuff, you get what you pay for. Testimonials from various members will say that tail lights are very time consuming and the money is worth it. Also, when I work on members cars, if they choose to speak on here, I point out so many flaws of how people treated there cars like shit. I even pointed out to someone that there car got into an accident and the dealer told them it wasn't! You learn a lot from taking a part a car to see if its properly taken care of. I am not trying to make a business proposition to anyone but I hear great things about TL2SLOW and I would recommend him to anyone.

Some people think that its easy to make money and just "make tail lights" and such because like TL2SLOW said I have also fixed many tail lights problems/wiring problems/fog light problems and so on. Things cost money and believe it or not with the time I put into a tail light to make it properly takes about 10 hours to make and about $50-60 in materials. (Glue, sealant, blades, sand paper, plastix to clean out the inside, compressor to blow out dirty/debris, primer, clear coat, paint, sometimes niteshade + the time). Plus I go out find tail lights and sell them for what I get them for, I order ZKWs for members and not charge a dime, I do the leg work for projects and get everything needed which is very time consuming. I stand behind my work and answer PMs/ emails/ phone calls about 10 times a day.

dam.....maybe i should start charging more as well.....i spend a lot of money on materials too....beer and food ain't cheap these days......lol
Old 08-22-2010, 07:17 PM
Bored at work

175 for both headlights and fogs......
Old 08-23-2010, 10:22 AM
Retired!!! ON TOP!!!

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I've never used anyone but JNC... he's always done a great job for me and I've felt that his pricing is very reasonable.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Advanced

From the site I've only dealt with TL2Slow and I must say the dude is hella cool. Price was right and it included food and beer! His wife is funny too. Made him late for his family time but he finished the job and I rode back to NY happy.

would def recommend him to anyone.