NY/NJ New Jersey & New York

Assholes these days...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 10:02 PM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Assholes these days...

So.... I've encountered my first real douchebag on the road tonight, about 15 mins ago actually.. i'm still a bit in shock from what happened.

So i'm at a stop light making a left onto a US 46, theres an evo, a scion, and a 1 series w. an Msport package at the light revving their engines, my light turns green to make a left and as I was passing them they were to my left, I gave them a for revving their engines like tools.
I start driving, relatively fast up to the speed limit which was 50. Then I notice the 1 series make an illegal U-turn from the red light he's at and then comes FLYING up beside me and starts making gestures about the thumbs up i gave him then swerves into my lane trying to hit my car/swerve me off the road. At that point I was thinking holy shit this guy is outta his mind,.. then the guy takes his beamer and rips it completely outta sight.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:41 AM

Received 16,263 Likes on 11,973 Posts
dont make hand gestures

you never know whose in the other car.
ask retardedorange about his experiences
Old 03-30-2012, 08:47 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,041 Likes on 846 Posts
Newton's laws of driving... Every action has a reaction.
The following 2 users liked this post by HEAVY_RL:
Dpat (03-30-2012), justnspace (03-30-2012)
Old 03-30-2012, 10:21 AM
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Old 03-30-2012, 10:54 AM
Drifting

Received 416 Likes on 365 Posts
For a thumbs down he tries to veer you off the road? That's pretty crazy. Not that I wish to be in that situation but if I have right of way and am in my lane I have a history of not going out of my way to avoid an accident. I'm more afraid of hitting a motorist/person who wasn't involved and then be at fault, while the person I was forced to avoid drives off laughing, instead of just being an accident victim. As crazy as it sounds I would've let it happen, let cops peel me off him and ultimately have ins sort it out.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Dpat
So.... I've encountered my first real douchebag on the road tonight, about 15 mins ago actually.. i'm still a bit in shock from what happened.

So i'm at a stop light making a left onto a US 46, theres an evo, a scion, and a 1 series w. an Msport package at the light revving their engines, my light turns green to make a left and as I was passing them they were to my left, I gave them a for revving their engines like tools.
I start driving, relatively fast up to the speed limit which was 50. Then I notice the 1 series make an illegal U-turn from the red light he's at and then comes FLYING up beside me and starts making gestures about the thumbs up i gave him then swerves into my lane trying to hit my car/swerve me off the road. At that point I was thinking holy shit this guy is outta his mind,.. then the guy takes his beamer and rips it completely outta sight.
He's just jealous of your TL
The following users liked this post:
JmannTLs03 (04-11-2012)
Old 03-30-2012, 03:53 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by HEAVY_RL
Newton's laws of driving... Every action has a reaction.
This is very true.
Originally Posted by HeartTLs
For a thumbs down he tries to veer you off the road? That's pretty crazy. Not that I wish to be in that situation but if I have right of way and am in my lane I have a history of not going out of my way to avoid an accident. I'm more afraid of hitting a motorist/person who wasn't involved and then be at fault, while the person I was forced to avoid drives off laughing, instead of just being an accident victim. As crazy as it sounds I would've let it happen, let cops peel me off him and ultimately have ins sort it out.
I agree with you, i went to the left real quick then back, i'm sure it was a way just for him to try and get me to fuck up so he can speed away with a smile, but whatever it was the kid reversed the direction he was going just to do that, and then speed out of sight down the highway.

Also I don't understand when you're in a more expensive, faster, & nicer vehicle.. why even bother to do that. Shows how much class BMW driver's have.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:32 PM
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
^^mayb his pappy bought it for him and he understands nothing about the value of a hard earned buck
Old 03-30-2012, 05:01 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Deerole
^^mayb his pappy bought it for him and he understands nothing about the value of a hard earned buck
Well theres a significant difference between me and him, and my pops bought my car right before i turned 18. I'll admit i drove a bit wreckless my first year or so, but never pulled anything like that.

Btw my roof spoiler got stolen today hahahaha, when i found out about it i actually laughed a bit. because ive had it for so long and for some reason i like the look without it now.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:15 PM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
What a bitchass. lol went out of his way to do all that?! you hurt his ego +30
Old 03-30-2012, 10:25 PM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by justnspace
dont make hand gestures

you never know whose in the other car.
ask retardedorange about his experiences

What happened to him? he never told me this story... Or maybe i just dont remember it...
Old 04-01-2012, 02:42 AM
Drifting

This is very true.

I agree with you, i went to the left real quick then back, i'm sure it was a way just for him to try and get me to fuck up so he can speed away with a smile, but whatever it was the kid reversed the direction he was going just to do that, and then speed out of sight down the highway.

Also I don't understand when you're in a more expensive, faster, & nicer vehicle.. why even bother to do that. Shows how much class BMW driver's have.
To an extent. I'm not saying I'll risk getting into a high speed accident with a 92 corolla carrying 25/50 but bitchs be crazy and I'm confrontational. I've had bad experiences with BMW drivers but no more than cabbies in town cars/camrys or motorists in maximas.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:48 AM
6-SPEED LOVER

Received 122 Likes on 90 Posts
What a dick... I swear I would love a dumbass do that to me, ill slam the fuck out of his car with mine!
The following 3 users liked this post by ABP_04TL:
DaChef320 (04-01-2012), Dpat (04-01-2012), HeartTLs (04-01-2012)
Old 04-01-2012, 09:24 AM
-Brian

Received 241 Likes on 167 Posts
Originally Posted by ABP_04TL
What a dick... I swear I would love a dumbass do that to me, ill slam the fuck out of his car with mine!
and then you have a problem.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Drifting

Lol, I guess I'm not the only one who's crazy.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Registered Member

Received 385 Likes on 234 Posts
OP if i were u i would of let him swerve into your lane and hit u. then i would've did the same shit back to him who cares? he hit'd u first so money is coming outta his insurance pockets not yours. and one last thing i would've done get his ass outta the car and beat his ass down big time
Old 04-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Racer

hahaha maybe one day you'll come across someone.
To an extent. I'm not saying I'll risk getting into a high speed accident with a 92 corolla carrying 25/50 but bitchs be crazy and I'm confrontational. I've had bad experiences with BMW drivers but no more than cabbies in town cars/camrys or motorists in maximas.
Yeah I didn't want to get into an accident what so ever, which is why I didn't go after him or even bother to chase someone who just tried to pull some dumb shit, plus when he was speeding away he had to be going over 100 mph in a 50 for a mile stretch
Originally Posted by Nexson
and then you have a problem.
Yep.
Originally Posted by DIZAZNDOOD320
OP if i were u i would of let him swerve into your lane and hit u. then i would've did the same shit back to him who cares? he hit'd u first so money is coming outta his insurance pockets not yours. and one last thing i would've done get his ass outta the car and beat his ass down big time
Haha it's easy to say that but I was a bit in shock, and afterwards there was no catching him in my car lol. Idk if you know but those 135i are retarded quick especially with the M package... He was GONE lol.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:53 PM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
hahaha maybe one day you'll come across someone.

Yeah I didn't want to get into an accident what so ever, which is why I didn't go after him or even bother to chase someone who just tried to pull some dumb shit, plus when he was speeding away he had to be going over 100 mph in a 50 for a mile stretch

Yep.

Haha it's easy to say that but I was a bit in shock, and afterwards there was no catching him in my car lol. Idk if you know but those 135i are retarded quick especially with the M package... He was GONE lol.
yea i wouldn't try letting him hit you and then hitting him back. unless you have a dash cam, good luck proving what happened... taking him out of the car afterward is assault. careful with your road rage. trust me, im 19, i have it too, but like it was said in law abiding citizen. its not what you know, its what you can prove in a court of law.

and yes, i've driven a manual 2011 135i, they may just be faster than a porsche 911 turbo. fucking MONSTERS with no weight
Old 04-02-2012, 01:23 AM
Op is too busy to care

Received 913 Likes on 540 Posts
Someone tried to drive me off the road once by swerving into my lane and this was even in heavy traffic

If I didnt have to maintain a clean record for my career I would have slammed my old car into his gotten out and beaten the living fuck out of him.

but career
Old 04-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by PyroDave
yea i wouldn't try letting him hit you and then hitting him back. unless you have a dash cam, good luck proving what happened... taking him out of the car afterward is assault. careful with your road rage. trust me, im 19, i have it too, but like it was said in law abiding citizen. its not what you know, its what you can prove in a court of law.

and yes, i've driven a manual 2011 135i, they may just be faster than a porsche 911 turbo. fucking MONSTERS with no weight
Yes indeed they are monsters, my friend had a 2010 135i with the M package, manual. I don't know how to drive stick so i never got to get behind the wheel, but My friend was a wreckless driver and pushed that car to its limits almost everywhere he drove and guess what? RIP 135i. and 40k = in the trash.
Originally Posted by KillerG
Someone tried to drive me off the road once by swerving into my lane and this was even in heavy traffic

If I didnt have to maintain a clean record for my career I would have slammed my old car into his gotten out and beaten the living fuck out of him.

but career
haha the rage within is strong my friend, I understand that feeling and wanting to do that.. but it just isn't worth it. If an asshole wants to think his vehicle is a bumper kart then so be it, when it comes down to physical violence its a diff story. I just let it be...
Old 04-02-2012, 11:16 AM
Drifting

When you say "with the M package" do you mean an M1? Or is the "M package" just spoilers, body kit etc?
Old 04-02-2012, 11:24 AM
Racer

When you say "with the M package" do you mean an M1? Or is the "M package" just spoilers, body kit etc?
Not the 1M. But with beamers i'm sure you know, there's all types of packages and upgrades you can do, just will cost you more. For example here is a 2011 135i with the M package vs a 2009 one.

By dpat19 at 2012-04-02

This was my friends 2011 one, as you can notice he paid more for rims, and whatever other features.. he got the fully loaded one. this car is RIP.

VS the 09 one which is also my friends but came with minimal upgrades...

By dpat19 at 2012-04-02

My friend who paid for the 2011 one paid about 7k more just for upgraded rims, sideskirts, etc.. Retarded if you ask me.. i'd rather mod my car on my own then purchase it from BMW already fixed up. just my

Last edited by Dpat; 04-02-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:01 PM
A6 and TL

Received 145 Likes on 123 Posts
mi gusta 135i, tuned mmmmm
Old 04-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Drifting

I dunno if 7k is worth some spoilers and non aggressive OEM wheels but to each his own. I bought 19" accessory wheels and conti dws for 2k before getting aftermarket 20's but that was me being short sighted.

What's the price difference between a 135 and M1, can't be too far from 10k, right? seems dumb to spend 7k in aesthetics and not just spend a little more for the whole package.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Safety Car

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts
yup, my friends 135 also was totalled. he now has the 2012 C300, i've driven that as well and quite a diff from my moms 2010 C300
Old 04-02-2012, 04:20 PM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
If you make gestures or honk at someone you have to be ready for a reaction. I had someone cut me off on a on-ramp so I honked at them then they threw some metal object at the side of my car and put a big dent right by my gas cover.

I also honked at a semi on the highway who cut me off and the guy kept trying to run me off the road literally. He was also swinging his trailor and trying to clip my car with it.

Horns are dangerous.

Last edited by brian6speed; 04-02-2012 at 04:26 PM.
justnspace (04-03-2012)
Old 04-02-2012, 04:23 PM
Lone Wolf

Received 497 Likes on 399 Posts
It is always easy being a tough guy on the internet. Smashing your car into someone elses over emotions is so stupid.
justnspace (04-03-2012)
Old 04-02-2012, 05:29 PM
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
This is when the james bond mods come in handy
Old 04-02-2012, 09:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 306 Likes on 193 Posts
word. My car isn't just a car, MICHELLE is part of my life. MAINLY because my life has been putting her together.

Originally Posted by DIZAZNDOOD320
If you have a dash cam thats great, but his word against yours is a huge problem with this world. Sounds sad but homeless and thieves get away with more than a honest working man these days and "he swerved into me" will never hold in court. You know the cop can give you both a wreck less driving ticket? Then court fees and lawyers and insurance premiums.

OP, he probably thought you were starting something because you had a hooked up car. Its the "image portrayed". A poor person can make fun of a rich person, but rich people to make fun of the poor is sad", "fat girls can make fun of skinny girls, but skinny girls making fun of fat girls is wrong". Its just life..

moving you off of the road is wrong and thats crazy...

Just the other day I was in the straight lane and it is also the left turn lane and the right lane is a turn right only. When cars are making a left, cars go in the right lane and go straight but I was in the left lane and a car was making a left. The car finally made the left and I went on my way. There was a car that tried to go in the right lane and beat me out and go straight. NOOOOOOOPE. I hate bad drivers and I stayed steady and he almost hit me. I was so tempted to just swerve right just a little but thinking about dealing with insurance and crap is not worth the hassle. Eating your pride is hard and tough, but in the long run it'll save you some money.

Originally Posted by brian6speed
If you make gestures or honk at someone you have to be ready for a reaction. I had someone cut me off on a on-ramp so I honked at them then they threw some metal object at the side of my car and put a big dent right by my gas cover.

I also honked at a semi on the highway who cut me off and the guy kept trying to run me off the road literally. He was also swinging his trailor and trying to clip my car with it.

Horns are dangerous.
Yes they are. In south river they give out tickets for horns if you use them..seriously

It is always easy being a tough guy on the internet. Smashing your car into someone elses over emotions is so stupid.

I agree with this 100%, except this guy is that BMW in the story..He would and not just that...I wouldn't want to swerve into him because of certain reasons...no dash cameras needed for him.
Old 04-03-2012, 10:21 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by AckTL05
word. My car isn't just a car, MICHELLE is part of my life. MAINLY because my life has been putting her together.

OP, he probably thought you were starting something because you had a hooked up car. Its the "image portrayed". A poor person can make fun of a rich person, but rich people to make fun of the poor is sad", "fat girls can make fun of skinny girls, but skinny girls making fun of fat girls is wrong". Its just life.
Yeah, you described exactly as why i thought he might've done it lol.. I thought to myself if a 2000 civic wit a fat exhaust did the same as i did, would've the beamer came after him too? nah probably not.. but that's good logic
Old 04-03-2012, 06:56 PM
Racer

Horns are dangerous.
Haha I know their will be reactions but rarely does it happen.. i've given tons of people thumbs down just because their cars are cheaply modded. Thumbs down is definitely dangerous when you're dealing with a fool who's mommy bought him a 40,000$ car... and worst of all this kid who did that will get his.. in court or a coffin.
I don't think he was being serious, my friend.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Cruisin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
By any chance was it a dark Gray or Black Evo? If so i've encontered the same problem with the same car Lol, people now a days sheeshhh
Old 04-11-2012, 03:08 PM
A6 and TL

Received 145 Likes on 123 Posts

Horns are dangerous.
One time on the highway coming from Boston a semi cut me off in the left lane for no reason....he had no one in front of him. I honked at him and I went around him and he switched lanes and starting yelling at me, honking trying to get my car off the road. I thought it ended when I left him in the dust.

Two trucks in front of me tried cutting me off next.

Me thinks asshole truck driver got his 10-4 prostitute loving buddies to cut me off since he couldn't catch up with me.