Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota & Washington State

Washington Chat Thread - 2010!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 03:21 PM
WIP-Work in Progress

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Washington Chat Thread - 2010!

It seems every other region/state has one soo... why not us?

Anyone get anything special for Christmas?
- I got Clothes, money, hood struts.

Plans for the ride in the New Year?
- Hopefully wheels Linea Corse Lemans (BBS Replicas) or some other mesh style
-Wrapping interior trimming with carbon fiber vinyl fabric
-Fix my heated seat
-Have Eric take pictures of my car and actually send them to me before deleting them

Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Christmas!
Old 12-27-2009, 11:45 PM
WIP-Work in Progress

Where is the washington crowd?
Old 12-28-2009, 02:07 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
You bastard...lol
Seriously though, my fault! HAHA the only reason why the pictures got deleted - I was in the middle of deciding which camera to keep, and when I was in need of returning them, I had to do so unexpectedly; hence, wasn't able to actually upload them. I did at one point, but apparently they got lost????
Old 12-28-2009, 02:34 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 03tlCHARCOL
Where is the washington crowd?
Old 12-29-2009, 01:29 PM
WIP-Work in Progress

Went to a couple junkyards yesterday for the first time. Drove out to Black Diamond for the first time as well. There is nothing out there lol, so I was able to get my door panel and interior trim piece, paid 40 bucks plus tax. Just make sure to baragain with the dude, he tried to charge me 75 at first.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:33 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
which junkyards did u go to?
Old 01-03-2010, 11:43 PM
Instructor

Hmmm....

My plans for 2010 start with coilovers. These 19's make my car ride with a 2 finger gap even with lowering springs on it. Just trying to decide between Function and Form or Tein. Comptech Headers by summer. Haven't decided on exhaust yet. Already have CT Icebox. UR Pulley's won't work for me with my stereo setup. After that, I think I'm done. But then again, I own a CL and there's only so many options available.

Hoping to get my hands on a Datsun 510 ('69-'71) as a project car so if I find one at a good price and straight body then that's where all my future funds will be going.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:55 PM
WIP-Work in Progress

Originally Posted by teepo112
which junkyards did u go to?
Couple places in Kent, but they have anything new. Only place that had newer acura parts was Black Diamond Wrecking.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:57 PM
WIP-Work in Progress

Originally Posted by stlswagger
Hmmm....

My plans for 2010 start with coilovers. These 19's make my car ride with a 2 finger gap even with lowering springs on it. Just trying to decide between Function and Form or Tein. Comptech Headers by summer. Haven't decided on exhaust yet. Already have CT Icebox. UR Pulley's won't work for me with my stereo setup. After that, I think I'm done. But then again, I own a CL and there's only so many options available.

Hoping to get my hands on a Datsun 510 ('69-'71) as a project car so if I find one at a good price and straight body then that's where all my future funds will be going.
Function & Form will slam the car, even on the highest setting. I've had my Tein SS for about 6months now and developed a big squeak noise on the driver side front. I'm not sure if it's the coilovers or the added stress of lowering making my other parts squeak but it's getting annoying.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:54 PM
Instructor

This could be true but the gap is killing me. I've done springs on other cars and although never went larger than 18's, I never had my car raise up this high after an upgrade. Maybe the '05 Altima I had with 19's. But I didn't even own that car a year and bought it new so I never got around to changing out the shocks thinking that would make it sit easier. These Comptech's looked great on the 17's but too high with the 19's. I've seen some other CL's with FnF and they don't look too slammed.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:58 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I just got my car back so I think that I will just drive it for a couple of months. It will be going up to H&R springs for a coilover set up in the future. As long as they bring them over for test fitment from Europe. Other than that I think that I might bedone for awhile.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:29 AM
6speed

Hmmm....

i say go with k sports...but if i had to choose between the two i say fnf. the headers are nice to have. took me toooooo long to install since it was the first time doing it. lots of awkward angles especially when doing the rear collector. oh pulleys should work. you can get the UR SSc. It is the larger diameter pulley and i guess its made for people with sound systems so it doesnt underdrive your alternator...supposedly. i slightly remember something about 3000 watts being a number thrown out there. but i dont remember what the number meant. i would have to research it again...

my 2010 plans are....progress rear sway bar....and port and polish my upper intake mani. possibly send my tb to king motorsports to get it bored out. might try out the cusco subframe connector too. might take her to a detail shop to get the inside all nice and stuff. my carpets need a shampoo really bad damn winter time...other than that all teh expensive stuff aside from a supercharger are done on my car. oooo i wanna get white interior leds too. ok im done...
Old 01-06-2010, 11:44 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jl03CLS
i say go with k sports...but if i had to choose between the two i say fnf. the headers are nice to have. took me toooooo long to install since it was the first time doing it. lots of awkward angles especially when doing the rear collector. oh pulleys should work. you can get the UR SSc. It is the larger diameter pulley and i guess its made for people with sound systems so it doesnt underdrive your alternator...supposedly. i slightly remember something about 3000 watts being a number thrown out there. but i dont remember what the number meant. i would have to research it again...

my 2010 plans are....progress rear sway bar....and port and polish my upper intake mani. possibly send my tb to king motorsports to get it bored out. might try out the cusco subframe connector too. might take her to a detail shop to get the inside all nice and stuff. my carpets need a shampoo really bad damn winter time...other than that all teh expensive stuff aside from a supercharger are done on my car. oooo i wanna get white interior leds too. ok im done...
I'm buying stRodda's ksport coilovers as soon as he gets them off his car hopefully this weekend. One of the rear shocks needs to be replaced along with tophat but hey the deal was too hard to pass and when I saw they went up for sale, I had to jump right on it. Another example to my wife of how obsessed I am with this forum

I can't wait till we all gtg. There's some nice setups out around locally. Thanks for the info on the UR. I'm already looking at them and trying to hold out buying right now.

I'm with you on the detail shop. My wife went to school with a guy that either owns or can give me a sweet discount on a full detail from Leschi Detailing so I'm starting with the interior and will have him do the exterior in the spring. This includes fixing all rock chips on the hood. Not many but bug me for sure.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:40 AM
WIP-Work in Progress

So I tried to take the fake wood trim in the door panel out. I freakin drilled too hard and busted a hole into the trim fuccck! I'm wrapping it with carbon fiber vinyl so the hole won't be visible. I would be screwed if I was painting it. I ran out of time but I'm going to try and get the trim out later this week. I think I need a bigger drill bit. Once I get it out, I'll be able to wrap it and hopefully be able to fit it back into the door panel.

Here is the link to the D.I.Y. that I'm following if anyone is interested in attempting this for the 2G TL

https://acurazine.com/forums/2g-tl-1999-2003-98/d-i-y-removing-door-panels-wood-grain-626785/
Old 01-07-2010, 04:20 AM
6speed

I'm buying stRodda's ksport coilovers as soon as he gets them off his car hopefully this weekend. One of the rear shocks needs to be replaced along with tophat but hey the deal was too hard to pass and when I saw they went up for sale, I had to jump right on it. Another example to my wife of how obsessed I am with this forum

I can't wait till we all gtg. There's some nice setups out around locally. Thanks for the info on the UR. I'm already looking at them and trying to hold out buying right now.

I'm with you on the detail shop. My wife went to school with a guy that either owns or can give me a sweet discount on a full detail from Leschi Detailing so I'm starting with the interior and will have him do the exterior in the spring. This includes fixing all rock chips on the hood. Not many but bug me for sure.
How much are they going for? yeah details are expensive maybe dedrick will do mine....

So I tried to take the fake wood trim in the door panel out. I freakin drilled too hard and busted a hole into the trim fuccck! I'm wrapping it with carbon fiber vinyl so the hole won't be visible. I would be screwed if I was painting it. I ran out of time but I'm going to try and get the trim out later this week. I think I need a bigger drill bit. Once I get it out, I'll be able to wrap it and hopefully be able to fit it back into the door panel.

Here is the link to the D.I.Y. that I'm following if anyone is interested in attempting this for the 2G TL

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=626785
i wanna see when its all said and done.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:20 AM
USDM -> JDM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
hi everyone..
Old 01-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Advanced

what's up everyone...new member here, bought myself a 1997 CL 2.2 for the holidays. She's a great commuter car which the FX45 sits in the garage until we have a nice snowstorm.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:01 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Go to harbor freight and buy a 'step drill bit'
It's shaped like a cone and you wont need to switch drill bits to find the right size, it's definitely worth it.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:53 PM
6speed

Originally Posted by zcspec
what's up everyone...new member here, bought myself a 1997 CL 2.2 for the holidays. She's a great commuter car which the FX45 sits in the garage until we have a nice snowstorm.
welcome. i hear good things about the fx45. my nieghbor has one.

I need to wash my car :\ i havent washed it since like september of last year...
Old 01-11-2010, 02:24 AM
WIP-Work in Progress

Alright I did my carbon fiber fabric wrap, what do you guys think?

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...5#post11636895
Old 01-11-2010, 03:29 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
welcome. i hear good things about the fx45. my nieghbor has one.

I need to wash my car :\ i havent washed it since like september of last year...
you spelled neighbor wrong genius
Old 01-11-2010, 04:21 PM
WIP-Work in Progress

Originally Posted by erick3
Missed your text man, I was busy in the garage working on the door panels.

Do anything fun on Saturday night?
Old 01-11-2010, 05:05 PM
WIP-Work in Progress

I've noticed more and more 2G TL with mods lately in the area lately. I think my car is becoming more affordable....might become the new civic
Oh well, I'll be keeping this car for a long time.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:08 AM
6speed

Originally Posted by erick3
your face spelt it wrong! oh yeah wouldnt it be spelt instead spelled? wait no they are thh same...

I've noticed more and more 2G TL with mods lately in the area lately. I think my car is becoming more affordable....might become the new civic
Oh well, I'll be keeping this car for a long time.
well as long as they stay the hell away from my car im good to go for a bit. i havent seen very many 6 speeds around anyways. the one time i did was at a bank. blue with black interior. damn nice condition too
Old 01-13-2010, 10:57 AM
Instructor

haha..6 speed drivers shouldn't have to worry too much. There's not a high volume of 6 speeds floating around. There's 4 other CL Type S in my subdivision. One 3 houses up and the rest somewhere mixed in the 300 houses in here. There's one with some fugly chrome wheels on it and the rest or stock. None of them are manual though.

TL Type S is pretty common where I live too. Between both models, it seems to be only me that is modding though. Shame though because if someone that lived in here did mod, we could share knowledge and work together. Oh well...
Old 01-14-2010, 08:52 PM
6speed

where in seattle are you located? im north seattle. not too many modded CL-S's here let alone 6 speeds. there is one that is really annoying. it has a fron body kit on and i think thats it. i guess it tries to race alot of other cars. haha i wanna run it eventually. i never really get any races though
Old 01-14-2010, 10:54 PM
Instructor

where in seattle are you located? im north seattle. not too many modded CL-S's here let alone 6 speeds. there is one that is really annoying. it has a fron body kit on and i think thats it. i guess it tries to race alot of other cars. haha i wanna run it eventually. i never really get any races though

I'm actually in Renton (Fairwood) but have a lot of friends in Seattle and hang out over there. Been trying for years to get the wife to buy a house in Seattle without luck though. I lived in West Seattle before we got married but that was 8 years ago. Burbs are killing me lol. I work up in Bothell though.

I see a lot of stock CL-S's around in Renton too. Either bone stock or with really funky chrome wheels that I wouldn't even run on a truck/suv. I don't think I noticed how many of them were in my development though before I bought it since I had an Audi. Too bad though that none of the owners seem to be into mods.

I'm surprised since it's been a few months since I bought it that nobody has tried to run me. I keep telling myself I wouldn't run them but knowing me, I would lol. Car drives like it is begging me to get on it but I just haven't had an reason to yet
Old 01-14-2010, 10:55 PM
Instructor

BTW, I say Seattle for my location because every other forum I've used over the years is always like where is Renton? So Seattle is at least nationally known.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:07 PM
6speed

wow that is quite the daily commute. haha i moan and complain every time i have to visit my friend who lives down in renton and thats like once a month haha. yeah im up in lynnwood,.

Damn it damn it damn it. off to a bad start for the year with the car i was doing a back in parking a few days ago and someone put a chair upsidedown and covered it with black garbage bags and i hit the chair barely going under 1mph and it left a dent. RAWR that pissed me off. last time i park in a not well lit area then last night on the way home I took an I-5 on ramp by northgate and took the turn a little too sharp to make the yellow light but cut it too close and ended up curbing my rear rim really bad. heavy curb marks all around it. at least i have an extra tl rim i can pop on there.

Anyone know of any cheap wheel repair places? All I know of is cascade wheel service and seattle wheel repair. Cascade seems expensive though.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:03 PM
WIP-Work in Progress

Anyone know of any cheap wheel repair places? All I know of is cascade wheel service and seattle wheel repair. Cascade seems expensive though.
That sucks, a good excuse to save up and buy some nice wheels instead of fixing stock wheels.

It actually might be even cheaper to buy one on craigslist. I've looked into repairs and ranges from $100-$300.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:28 PM
6speed

That sucks, a good excuse to save up and buy some nice wheels instead of fixing stock wheels.

It actually might be even cheaper to buy one on craigslist. I've looked into repairs and ranges from $100-$300.
hahaha yeah i thought about that. I have a spare one too so i mite just switch out tires then sell the set of 5. im seriously considering a cf trunk now since i have a dent right in the center of my truck either that or try out that dent wizard place. heard its gonna gost like 130 though
Old 01-18-2010, 11:18 PM
Instructor

hahaha yeah i thought about that. I have a spare one too so i mite just switch out tires then sell the set of 5. im seriously considering a cf trunk now since i have a dent right in the center of my truck either that or try out that dent wizard place. heard its gonna gost like 130 though

http://www.dependablewheel.com/

The above is who you want to call. I've taken a lot of rims there. Less than $200. I've taken used wheels there in the past with bad rash and they've always been my shop of choice.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:20 PM
Instructor

wow that is quite the daily commute. haha i moan and complain every time i have to visit my friend who lives down in renton and thats like once a month haha. yeah im up in lynnwood,.
My office was in Factoria my first 2 years then they decided to move us to some new offices in Bothell. Yeah, commute sucks.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:52 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hey guys from washington but in the city of spokane
Old 01-19-2010, 04:01 AM
Intermediate

Hey folks, checking in 4 wa. Muk/lynn/ever/sea are my home zones. Email me if getting together for a meet (irishbloke@delicatepc.com) and I'll bring out my 3G NBP and we'll have a jolly time.

~
irishbloke
Old 01-20-2010, 04:18 AM
Advanced

Hey fellas...phase I of my ride's almost complete. Anyone wanna meet up for some coffee at a Starbucks this weekend? Saturday looks to be a decent, non-rainy day. Would be cool to check out other rides.
Old 01-20-2010, 03:03 PM
6speed

i would be down if i didnt have work....aside from the fact that my car looks like crap right now :\ i havent even taken her through a touch free car wash yet. i feel like this winter was especially harsh on my car. alot of cosmetic damage over the last few months

thanks for the link stls. i think i mite have to take it there. i think i wanna do that paintless dent repair first though. i hate looking at the huge dent in my trunk right now
Old 01-20-2010, 03:30 PM
WIP-Work in Progress

Originally Posted by zcspec
Hey fellas...phase I of my ride's almost complete. Anyone wanna meet up for some coffee at a Starbucks this weekend? Saturday looks to be a decent, non-rainy day. Would be cool to check out other rides.
Cool what Acura do you have, and what type of mods you got in phase one?
Old 01-22-2010, 04:27 AM
Advanced

Cool what Acura do you have, and what type of mods you got in phase one?
Just got done with phase I of the CL 2.2 project. She's got 18's lowered 1.75" on CG coilovers & Tokico Illums. She handles very well now.

I'm very pleased with the results and will take better pictures next weekend when I have some time.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:01 PM
6speed

looks nice. i still need some 18s....i am such a slacker.

Quick Reply: Washington Chat Thread - 2010!