Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota & Washington State

Ticketed for Window Tint

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 05:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ticketed for Window Tint

I have had my CL for over 3 years now and the first thing I did was tint my windows. Today I got up for work and was going along my normal route to Burgerville for breakfast on my way to work, when I was pulled over by a police officer who told me, "we are focusing on catching people with illegally tinted windows in this county right now and yours are too dark"

SERIOUSLY THIS IS WHERE MY TAX DOLLARS ARE GOING TO??? A TASK FORCE FOCUSING ON TINTED WINDOWS!!!!!!! IMO all cops are huge douche bags with a serious superiority complex, but this guy this morning was a fucking piece of shit. While I was sitting there getting my ticket I watched at least 5 cars drive by with darker tint than mine, when I asked him about this he threatened me with insubordination.....
Old 07-20-2009, 05:44 PM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
what department?
Old 07-20-2009, 05:59 PM
Banned

He was a Columbia county sheriff I believe, maybe a Scappoose cop, He was in a black charger is all I know.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
douche right there, waved a ticket in my face by a cop one time, BUT, if i peeled off my tint right there he would not issue me a ticket. What a douche, it was a bicycle cop, probably was mad he was on a bicycle and not a motorcycle. It was in beaverton at a light btw
Old 07-20-2009, 07:54 PM
I Quit

^^what?!?! you got pulled over by a bicycle cop? how'd you even know to pull over and how'd you keep from laughing LOL
Old 07-21-2009, 09:06 AM
WTF?

Received 243 Likes on 230 Posts
man that sucks.. seems like the poh poh is getting bored
Old 07-21-2009, 10:27 AM
I Quit

^ for sure. The fam and I went out last night for a lil drive and to look at some houses we're considering getting into and right with springview road meets bethany blvd there is a church and just behind it is a big empty dirt/gravel lot and a wash. county sheriff was sitting in it and sees us drive by in the TSX and stares, literally stares...

We get to the houses drive around a bit and now to head back home, sheriff is still there, stares again and this time high tails it out of there and gets right on my bumper, literally was so close to my bumper that I could not see his headlights or plate in my rear view mirror.

Follows me like that backing off then flooring it and hauling ass back up to the point where it almost looked like he was going to ram us. I make a left at keiser and head towards the mulnomah county line, the ass keeps tailgating with a little swirve now and finally I get to the line and fuck tard just stops in the middle of the road and makes an illegal u-turn

I mean WTF? We have crime on the rise every day and instead of keeping us safe they have nothing better to do but drive like reckless idiots and harass people. You know if you're a cop and you get caught doing that on the road they should IMMEDIATELY fire you with no trial, you're just gone. We don't need police like that on the roads, not only are they a hazard to other motorists but they are a hazard to themselves.

Hell, was almost wishing he would hit me, then I could have bought a new care on the county's tab LOL
Old 07-21-2009, 11:13 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well I was in cedarhills and TV hwy and there is a firestone or some tire company right at the corner, I was the first at the light and the bicycle cop was just sitting at the corner sidewalk. He biked up to my window, which was halfway down, and told me to pull into the parking lot. He had this box thing that he put on my window that shoots a light to determine your tint level, 20%, so yea, I was busted but he was a bitch.

Clee, I feel ya bro, back in the days when I had integras and civics, all clean, I used to get harassed or pulled over all the damn time. My record was 4x in one week! Countless times they would bust a U from the other direction to tail me. Ive only gotten one ticket and that was about 10 years ago so its stupid. That sheriff is just probably trying to test to see if you would freak out. Cops figure if you have done something wrong then you would freak the f out. I'm used to it by now that if I'm tailed, I just turn my rearview mirror and pretend he's not there. If you havent done anything wrong or if your car is legit then dont worry about it. Even though I have no front plates. Thats the only thing I'm worried about but so far so good! Another good thing i have an SSM, my car is lowered with a kit but I rarely get double takes from cops. its weird but SO AWEEESOME!

Last edited by fobstylez; 07-21-2009 at 11:15 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:38 AM
WTF?

Originally Posted by clee109
^ for sure. The fam and I went out last night for a lil drive and to look at some houses we're considering getting into and right with springview road meets bethany blvd there is a church and just behind it is a big empty dirt/gravel lot and a wash. county sheriff was sitting in it and sees us drive by in the TSX and stares, literally stares...

We get to the houses drive around a bit and now to head back home, sheriff is still there, stares again and this time high tails it out of there and gets right on my bumper, literally was so close to my bumper that I could not see his headlights or plate in my rear view mirror.

Follows me like that backing off then flooring it and hauling ass back up to the point where it almost looked like he was going to ram us. I make a left at keiser and head towards the mulnomah county line, the ass keeps tailgating with a little swirve now and finally I get to the line and fuck tard just stops in the middle of the road and makes an illegal u-turn

I mean WTF? We have crime on the rise every day and instead of keeping us safe they have nothing better to do but drive like reckless idiots and harass people. You know if you're a cop and you get caught doing that on the road they should IMMEDIATELY fire you with no trial, you're just gone. We don't need police like that on the roads, not only are they a hazard to other motorists but they are a hazard to themselves.

Hell, was almost wishing he would hit me, then I could have bought a new care on the county's tab LOL
you should of jammed on your brakes real fast and said that you saw a squirrel jump out in the road.. =) nothing wrong with you trying to be same and save the world of squirrels =)

I know exactly where you are talking about.. when i worked off 185th i would take that road to skyline then go to germantown and to the st johns bridge to get home...
Old 07-21-2009, 11:43 AM
WTF?

Originally Posted by fobstylez
well I was in cedarhills and TV hwy and there is a firestone or some tire company right at the corner, I was the first at the light and the bicycle cop was just sitting at the corner sidewalk. He biked up to my window, which was halfway down, and told me to pull into the parking lot. He had this box thing that he put on my window that shoots a light to determine your tint level, 20%, so yea, I was busted but he was a bitch.

Clee, I feel ya bro, back in the days when I had integras and civics, all clean, I used to get harassed or pulled over all the damn time. My record was 4x in one week! Countless times they would bust a U from the other direction to tail me. Ive only gotten one ticket and that was about 10 years ago so its stupid. That sheriff is just probably trying to test to see if you would freak out. Cops figure if you have done something wrong then you would freak the f out. I'm used to it by now that if I'm tailed, I just turn my rearview mirror and pretend he's not there. If you havent done anything wrong or if your car is legit then dont worry about it. Even though I have no front plates. Thats the only thing I'm worried about but so far so good! Another good thing i have an SSM, my car is lowered with a kit but I rarely get double takes from cops. its weird but SO AWEEESOME!

i had a cop pull that thing on me when i had my civic... he was gonna write a ticket but i gave him a peice of my mind when i noticed the battery on the box to test the window tint was low.. i told him that its not giving an accurate reading and if he were to write me a ticket i want it stated on it.. so he just let me pass with a warning.. the damn fucktard
Old 09-01-2009, 11:59 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
contest it. You will have to prove that your tint has been fixed. nothing that couple of pictures of a car same as yours (color and make/year/model) won't take care of.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:06 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Law enforcement has become the taxman.Towns are desperate for money right now and the police are out in force just waiting to nail you. Don't give them a reason
Old 10-11-2009, 04:47 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 350Zimo
contest it. You will have to prove that your tint has been fixed. nothing that couple of pictures of a car same as yours (color and make/year/model) won't take care of.
New guy here but since I'm looking at regional posts, I came across this and thought okay, it isn't just me! That happened to me in my old Audi. Had that car with the same tint for almost 4 years. Drove buy a motorcycle cop who was facing the other direction and he got back on his bike, sped up to me and pulled me over. stupid cop put some meter on my window and was like, you are beyond the legal limit. Gave me a ticket and I contested it. When i went to court, (granted I don't have any other tickets) I basically told the judge I bought the car that way. She was an azz though and basically said it was my responsibility. So I just countered that and said that I had took the ticket back to Barrier Audi and they replaced the tint out of their pocket but told me they couldn't handle the ticket. She reduced it to a lesser charge and I paid something around $75 to get out of there but better than paying the almost $200 they wanted at first I guess. In reality, I never did anything about the tint and kept driving it for another year almost before I traded it in. But exactly, all the crime going on and they worry about tint. Most Sheriff cars and county cops have hella dark tint but that's ok. I always see cops driving and talking on a cell phone too and that pisses me off too lol. Hope you get off easy vs paying the stupid fine.