Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota & Washington State

new to site coming with questions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new to site coming with questions.

howdy AZ! thanks for this awsome site. i have a couple questions.

i have a 90k service due on a 1991 acura integra LS.

i was wondering if anyone could point me into the right direction of getting it replaced.

if anyone does sidework email/pm me.

more questions....

im not a car pro by any means but would like to learn alot more without going to a tech school ect... Any tips on gaining knowledge without comprimising my daily driver ride? ive thought of emailing shops for needed a possible shop hand ect...

can i get mechanics at the meet ups to look at my car for possible parts that need to be replaced?

i enjoy road trips and cruises. ive started investing into tools and repair manules to do what i can handle. spark plug change, oil change ect... what i can handle hahaha.

thanks for the time AZ. i dont have much knowledge under the hood yet but with your help and tips i hope it can be easier.

if you cant PM me my email is wcpv86@gmail.com
Old 08-26-2012, 01:39 PM

timing belt is what I was referring too.

Posted from Acurazine.com App for Android
Old 08-27-2012, 03:04 PM
The Original Shawdy

Received 424 Likes on 346 Posts
First off, welcome to the site.

Since you drive a 91 Acura Integra the information on DIY (Do it yourself) is endless on the Internet. I always research and find my answer or how-to's. Most of the work is just having the right tools and some knowledge. You can always try to attempt it yourself. I do and once you complete the task it feels great plus you could do it whenever after that. If you don't want to get dirty or feel it's too much of a task to take on. I'd either aak a friend to help you out/show you or just pay to get it done. Some tasks require it.

As for timing belt. Not too hard to complete just do a research on google. Just remember you're gonna have to correct your timing with a gun as well.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:55 PM

thanks for your reply. do all shops take 20% off work/labor with mention of this site? just today i changed my steering fluid and blacked out my trim/wheel gaurds. i enjoy what i can get done with limited knowledge. the timing belt is something i couldnt do on my own. i know im not there yet. Theres more stuff id like to do to my ride. i will to try to make a integra thread.