Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 04:27 PM
boosted is best

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Post HPDE (Infineon Raceway) pics... I can't wait for the next HPDE

Old 07-25-2006, 09:19 PM
Lots of JDM parts on my

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool pics Gary. Did you take your car up to Comptech today??? I seen another silver NSX today (same year, color, etc) going through Fremont on 680.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:46 PM
boosted is best

Originally Posted by TEH Z YO
Cool pics Gary. Did you take your car up to Comptech today??? I seen another silver NSX today (same year, color, etc) going through Fremont on 680.
Wasn't I!! Actually, I drove my car last night and it drove just fine - had the expected power. And after doing a few runs through the gears, the CEL cleared itself. I think the power loss was due to the sever heat. Coupled with the CEL, I miss-interpreted the problem. Shad seems to think the CEL was caused because of a misfire from the overheating of the engine. Comptech indicated that you could lose a hugh amount of power (20-40 WHP maybe) in this type of heat. So the egg is on my face.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:20 PM
Blown is Best

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Very Nice Gary! Is that an original GT40 or a Kit Car?

The President of our Company has a 2005 black GT40 that's been worked on by Whipple Supercharger and Factory Ford. He's putting down 700+WHP and around 690TQ with his right now.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:42 PM
boosted is best

Originally Posted by Allout
Very Nice Gary! Is that an original GT40 or a Kit Car?

The President of our Company has a 2005 black GT40 that's been worked on by Whipple Supercharger and Factory Ford. He's putting down 700+WHP and around 690TQ with his right now.
The car looked like it's been driving a million miles on the track.

Old 07-25-2006, 11:46 PM
Blown is Best

Nice

Although it looks like it's been beat on, I wonder how much that thing is worth?

Was it turning some good times?
Old 07-26-2006, 12:15 AM
Scru U guyz, Im Goin Home

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice pics, looks like it was hella fun.....
whats "CEL" tho?
Old 07-26-2006, 01:17 AM
Blown is Best

CEL = Check Engine Light
Old 07-26-2006, 01:50 AM
boosted is best

Originally Posted by Allout
Nice

Although it looks like it's been beat on, I wonder how much that thing is worth?

Was it turning some good times?
Have no idea since only a few of the cars in the advanced group had transponders and none of the times were being posted. But it was quick none the less.

But this was the fastest car on the track... twin-turbo making probably 700-800 WHP. Fast in a straight line and through the corners... awesome sounding car...

Old 08-04-2006, 01:23 AM
Blown is Best

Old 08-04-2006, 01:50 AM
boosted is best

back at you...
Old 08-04-2006, 07:05 PM
Blown is Best

Anyone know CPR? This thread is our patient
Old 08-04-2006, 07:15 PM
boosted is best

lol... we may need a Defibrillator too.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:30 PM
boosted is best

BTW, went on a nice meet & drive last Sunday with a S. Bay S2000 group. The drive was on a road called Skaggs Spring Road located NW of Santa Rosa which runs between hw 101 & hw 1 just south of Lake Sonoma. A really cool canyon run. However, just as I was headed toward the good part of the drive, my car started to through CELs and began to misfire like a mother. I limped my way back to Santa Rosa and waited for about 5 hours for a flatbed truck, courtesy of CompTech.

Anyway, Billy called me on Wednesday and said that the CEL code reported a misfire on # 5 cylinder. After further investigation, he discovered that one of the injector connector pins was flattened on # 5 cylinder. He also check all the other connectors. Last night I picked her up. Car drives great. I hope this is the end of a very, very long development and shake-down project.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:53 PM
Acura TL 2000

hey wassup guys, i was wondering when will we will be having a next meet?

i havnt been to one yet, and i live here in sactown and i am a new member, but had my car about 1 year now, well keep updated on da meets, really looking farward on da meet.

later pplz...
Old 08-04-2006, 11:43 PM
I pimp an Audi A4.

Originally Posted by NSX-Tuner
BTW, went on a nice meet & drive last Sunday with a S. Bay S2000 group. The drive was on a road called Skaggs Spring Road located NW of Santa Rosa which runs between hw 101 & hw 1 just south of Lake Sonoma. A really cool canyon run. However, just as I was headed toward the good part of the drive, my car started to through CELs and began to misfire like a mother. I limped my way back to Santa Rosa and waited for about 5 hours for a flatbed truck, courtesy of CompTech.

Anyway, Billy called me on Wednesday and said that the CEL code reported a misfire on # 5 cylinder. After further investigation, he discovered that one of the injector connector pins was flattened on # 5 cylinder. He also check all the other connectors. Last night I picked her up. Car drives great. I hope this is the end of a very, very long development and shake-down project.

good thing u got that squared with.. you gotta pay to play! hopefully down the line ill be doing a BT(big turbo setup) on the audi ;]
Old 08-05-2006, 12:08 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by tommiesay
hey wassup guys, i was wondering when will we will be having a next meet?

i havnt been to one yet, and i live here in sactown and i am a new member, but had my car about 1 year now, well keep updated on da meets, really looking farward on da meet.

later pplz...
theres one in the bay area on the 26th.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=344189&page=2
Old 08-05-2006, 12:53 AM
Blown is Best

Originally Posted by NSX-Tuner

Glad they found the problem. I was thinking it was either misfires or A/F ratio related.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:53 AM
Blown is Best

Originally Posted by KLepTo
theres one in the bay area on the 26th.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=344189&page=2
How's the car doing Justin?
Old 08-15-2006, 03:04 AM
Senior Moderator

hey, the cars doing fine. took it to honda and they fixed it all up.

but now I need something else...

anyone in the sacramento/davis area with a 1st gen WHITE cl, please PM me. I need your help with a little something
Old 08-25-2006, 07:19 PM
The Master Doctor

Hey guys - new to the Sacto area; already had an incident, my other car was rear-ended yesterday do you guys know of any exceptionally good body shops in the area. I live in Folsom. I am looking for someone who will do a good job and just won't do what the insurance company tells them to do.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:03 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr.P
Hey guys - new to the Sacto area; already had an incident, my other car was rear-ended yesterday do you guys know of any exceptionally good body shops in the area. I live in Folsom. I am looking for someone who will do a good job and just won't do what the insurance company tells them to do.
If you dont mind the drive to Davis, CA I would suggest you go to A-1 Body shop on I street. I used to work right next to the guys there and they are great. The only problem is they are usually booked about a month in advance. I can tell you places NOT to go, but they are in Davis as well.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:39 AM
Racer

S&S Body Shop. Madison and Auburn Blvd. Great place. Ask for Ron. Tell them Jim McAdams sent ya. They have worked on a few of my cars, families cars, members here. They do great work.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:50 AM
Lots of JDM parts on my

Originally Posted by PimpD@ddy
S&S Body Shop. Madison and Auburn Blvd. Great place. Ask for Ron. Tell them Jim McAdams sent ya. They have worked on a few of my cars, families cars, members here. They do great work.
Hi Jim! What's the latest with the CL?? Have you decided to sell it yet?

And, how is that lift in your 4 car garage?????
Old 08-28-2006, 09:41 PM
The Master Doctor

Originally Posted by PimpD@ddy
Do you guys by any chance happen to have a ph #? I have been trying to do a search for them for a couple of days now but ain't gettin no results. btw, what do you guys think about niello collision, basically owned by niello acura owners. I figured they must be a high class place and since my car is pretty close to being declared a total loss they might be pricey enough (obviously because they do high quality work) to make that happen.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:54 AM
Racer

Old 08-29-2006, 09:59 PM
Intermediate

dark inspire i think i saw your car last week on I-5 around natomas area. I was in a 00 NBP TL with a big dent on the driver side door lol
Old 08-29-2006, 11:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bgl2687
dark inspire i think i saw your car last week on I-5 around natomas area. I was in a 00 NBP TL with a big dent on the driver side door lol
if you see his car again, please don't hesitate to put dent on his car... and sign it with "teh jatt"
Old 08-29-2006, 11:25 PM
Blown is Best

Originally Posted by johnny_zfu_tl
if you see his car again, please don't hesitate to put dent on his car... and sign it with "teh jatt"
wassup.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:28 AM
The Master Doctor

well guess what

My TL got rear-ended as well yesterday. It was a Buick randevous. The lady wasn't paying attention and I think she hit maybe as we were gassin up in stop and go traffic. I heard a pretty loud bang and my heart quivverred and I thought here she goes (mybabY) but as I stepped outside and looked at the bumper hardly anything there. My A-spec body kit has slightly become undone and a couple of spots where the paint has rubbed off. I am afraid though that there could be some damage under the bumper. So I am thinkin I am probably gonna let a body shop look under the bumper. A question though - has anyone heard any good things about Niello Collisions? I know some of you guys told me about S & S body shop but was just wonderin since Niello also owns one of the 2 dealerships in town.

will try to put some pics soon
Old 09-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Lots of JDM parts on my

My TL got rear-ended as well yesterday. It was a Buick randevous. The lady wasn't paying attention and I think she hit maybe as we were gassin up in stop and go traffic. I heard a pretty loud bang and my heart quivverred and I thought here she goes (mybabY) but as I stepped outside and looked at the bumper hardly anything there. My A-spec body kit has slightly become undone and a couple of spots where the paint has rubbed off. I am afraid though that there could be some damage under the bumper. So I am thinkin I am probably gonna let a body shop look under the bumper. A question though - has anyone heard any good things about Niello Collisions? I know some of you guys told me about S & S body shop but was just wonderin since Niello also owns one of the 2 dealerships in town.

will try to put some pics soon
I haven't seen work done by Niello, but I have seen the work that S & S has done. PimpDaddy had to get his whole front end repainted and it matched up pefectly with everything else on the car. Plus, the finish of the work was excellent.
Old 09-04-2006, 04:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by subinf
If you dont mind the drive to Davis, CA I would suggest you go to A-1 Body shop on I street. I used to work right next to the guys there and they are great. The only problem is they are usually booked about a month in advance. I can tell you places NOT to go, but they are in Davis as well.
a-1 is good. I got my rear quarter panel fixed there when some chick backed up into me. They even fixed my rear fender which I had scuffed before from misjudging a parking spot Ive also been to S&S to get my front and sides painted. it was pretty pricey but the work was near flawless. Only problem is that the sides started cracking since its under a lot of stress and when I took it back to see if he'd repaint them. he said no since its not under any kind of "warranty" but then he said if I was willing to pay $400 hed acid strip the paint on the sides and repaint them with warranty. But I paid freaking $550 to get my front and sides painted before so I said screw it and just left it.

Originally Posted by bgl2687
dent? really? was it lowered with a big DT sticker across the windshield
Old 09-04-2006, 11:26 PM
The Master Doctor

I had called S & S last week and the guy informed that the repairs would be guaranteed for the life of my ownership of the car.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:51 PM
Intermediate

anyone know how to install a deck for the TL? anyone wanna do it free? if not recommend me some places that are good and not that pricey.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:53 AM
Yeah, its STOCK!!!

I had called S & S last week and the guy informed that the repairs would be guaranteed for the life of my ownership of the car.
dr.p "DO NOT! I REPEAT DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO NIELLO FOR BODY WORK!!"
THEY SUCK! my buddies tl was side swiped, and they F**ked his car up even more. if u want a reputable shop in the sacramento area, bring it to floring road toyotas body shop in the rear of the dealership. that body shop is the ONLY CERTIFIED TOYOTA BODY SHOP in the whole US. my brother's mercedes was hit, and was recommended to go there by the benz dealership. and they did a hell of a job on my brothers car! can't even tell it was ever touched.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:40 PM
Burning Brakes

dr p if ur still lookin for a bodyshop, my dad and bros owns 1 in sac
near rio linda tho heres some of his work

not only these but also my avatar primrose gettin painted as we speak
get back to me if ur interested
Old 09-25-2006, 08:19 PM
The Master Doctor

Originally Posted by dtpjigzer
dr.p "DO NOT! I REPEAT DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO NIELLO FOR BODY WORK!!"
THEY SUCK! my buddies tl was side swiped, and they F**ked his car up even more. if u want a reputable shop in the sacramento area, bring it to floring road toyotas body shop in the rear of the dealership. that body shop is the ONLY CERTIFIED TOYOTA BODY SHOP in the whole US. my brother's mercedes was hit, and was recommended to go there by the benz dealership. and they did a hell of a job on my brothers car! can't even tell it was ever touched.
Aight cool, thanks for the in-time response. I was just about to take it to Niello this Wednesday. I have always heard of good things about these Toyota Certified Body shops. I know there used to be one in SoCal Longo Toyota and they used to have all kindsa rides in their benzo's and stuff. Man that sucks - can't believe there are so few good body shops.

I would take it to S & S but no offense the guy there just seemed a little puny. He was like we'll put on the parts that the insurance co. wants me to put on. I am like don't just do what they tell you to. Tell me - I'll fight with them and try to get em to put factory original parts on my babey. I dunno maybe that's how they all r but I will definitely try calling this dealership.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:32 PM
EMRacer

I think Tomlison Autobody in Auburn is the best in the area. Go there and look at their work. Several years ago they were recommended to me by a Porsche dealer and also by a BMW dealer and the work they did on my BMW was outstanding. I fully intend on using them to install and paint my RonJon kit. Their costs are inline with most of the other "reputable" shops in town.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:16 PM
The Master Doctor

got the work done at the Toyota Certified Body Shop on Florin Rd. Great work, prolly better than what the dealer had done. Great bunch of guys could be a bit more responsive in communication but I was on top of them every chance I got so it turned out ok. They even gave the me old rear bumper A-spec spoiler. So if someone wants to buy it...lemme know :-)
Old 10-25-2006, 04:16 PM
The Master Doctor

Smog Check - any preferred places?

Hey guys I know not many of us have probably had to deal with this issue atleast with their TL's. I recently moved to Cali form AZ and they require me to smog check the car atleast once prior to registering my car here. I know this really is no big deal but is there any places that the members on this board would recommend vs. other places to take our baby TL's to get the smog check done the right way?

Quick Reply: SacTown Chat Thread