Notices

FS: iPhone 2G 8GB and iPhone 3G (Both with original boxes!)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 06:43 PM

Received 9,502 Likes on 6,173 Posts
iPhone 2G 8GB and iPhone 3G (Both with original boxes!)

Both phones were purchased new by me and were used with AT&T service.

Please thoroughly read each description BEFORE asking questions or leaving comments.

iPhone 2G 4GB
Purchased one month after the initial release of the iPhone in 2007. The top button works but not very well. It has to be pressed very hard for the phone to lock/unlock. The screen has one light scratch on the top right about an inch long. The screen itself does not respond to touch. You cannot slide to unlock it. The back of the phone has minor wear and tear. There is a spot near the camera lens where the metal has been rubbed down. My younger cousin got a hold of my phone and decided to carve my initials in the lower right corner as well. Some scratches towards the top of the phone near the headphone jack but they do not affect the usage of the jack.

While this phone isn't the prettiest example of the 2G and it does have some mechanical issues, I'm sure it can be fixed even though I've never looked into it.

Due to the condition of the phone, I am asking $50 + Paypal fees + shipping. Comes with phone, instruction manual, and the box. No cords or headphones.

iPhone 3G 8GB
Bought this to replace my 2G when it came out. Unlike the 2G, this 3G works flawlessly! Well almost (hehe). The loud/vibrate button on the side is sort of a pain. It's a task to make it stay on vibrate but it's possible to do! Besides that, the phone works fine. The only reason why I'm selling it is because I upgraded to the 4s. As for condition there is a minor scratch above the home button on the screen. It's small, not deep, and doesn't affect the operation of the phone. The back of the phone has some "clear coat" issues. It's starting to chip off but doesn't come up easy. You really have to poke and prod for it to come off. Once again, this is a cosmetic problem and doesn't affect the usability of the phone. There is a hairline crack above the bottom port on the bottom of the phone. I have no idea how it happened but it's there. It's about a half an inch long and goes straight up the back of the phone. Once again, that does not affect the usage of the phone. It still charges and syncs fine.

One comment I need to make. This phone has the latest iOS4 software which is great, but it slowed the phone down quite a bit. The phone will run much faster and smoother if a late iOS3 package was downloaded and installed. Once again the phone works fine! I would still be using this phone if I didn't get the 4s.

Asking $125 + PayPal fees + shipping. Comes with the box, instruction manual, and of course the phone itself. No cords or earphones.

Both prices are negotiable but I don't plan on giving them away. I realize that both phones aren't in the best cosmetic condition and I tried to price them reasonably. I searched on eBay and on Craigslist for used phones and I priced mine based on the condition and asking prices of the other phones online.

Please PM if interested.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:23 PM

Received 9,502 Likes on 6,173 Posts
Bump. I know these aren't very desirable but I'm open to offers.