New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

New member 2011 TSX 6 Speed

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2017, 06:38 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New member 2011 TSX 6 Speed

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself. This Friday I did something I'd been wanting to do for some time when I picked up a 2011 TSX 6 Speed Tech package. Not an easy find, these are pretty rare cars! Might have been the only one for sale with those specs in the whole country! I was actually coming from a 2010 TSX with basically the same mileage and features, except in Automatic form. Haven't owned a manual sedan since selling my 2002 WRX over ten years ago but clearly still had the itch. My wife was so furious she almost divorced me, LOL!!! (But actually not so LOL).

Anyway, I'm loving this car so far. Still getting used to the close-ratio 6 speed, but it's coming along. Doing 40 in 5th gear takes some getting used to. I've also got a '92 MR2 Turbo and the gearboxes are very different beasts! Surprised by how much better the Nav unit is than the 2011 model. I knew it was hard-drive based as opposed to DVD, but the improvements in the phone-book and iPod interface (I have my "Genre" option back!!!!) are worth the price of admission.

Unlike with my pretty extensively modded MR2 don't think I'll be doing much to the TSX (having a remote start installed in a couple of weeks and maybe I'll pick up some wheels some time down the line) but it's nice knowing there's a forum available to have any questions I might have answered.
Old 11-26-2017, 10:25 AM

Received 7,772 Likes on 5,045 Posts
Welcome.

Sure TSX and all that, nice, okay. But MR2? Now we're talking...

Any pics of that beauty?

Happy motoring!
Old 11-26-2017, 07:54 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by cu2wagon
Welcome.

Sure TSX and all that, nice, okay. But MR2? Now we're talking...

Any pics of that beauty?

Happy motoring!
LOL, well I'm currently smitten by my new TSX, but yeah, the MR2 is a real beauty. Here's a pic (my previous TSX is behind it):
Old 12-10-2017, 02:14 PM
Cruisin'

And here's the TSX, sporting new, 18" Enkie EKM3s!