New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

New Member - 12 Acuri and counting...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 09:49 PM
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
New Member - 12 Acuri and counting...

Long time lurker, first post.

Started with new ‘92 5-sp Legend for me, then ‘01 & (current) ‘10 MDX Techs, wife’s ‘00 TL & (current) ‘15 8-sp TLX Tech and daughters’ & their husbands’ ‘90 & ‘97 5-so Intrgras, ‘03 TL, ‘07 RDX, ‘09 TSX, ‘09 MDX & ‘14 TL.

Now considering new ‘19 RDX Advance, but nervous about reported soft brake pedal and horror stories about cabin electronics (crashes, freezes, nav problems, phone connection, yadda yadda). Appreciate any feedback from new RDX owners.

Also - just looked at a Loaded ($75k list) ‘16 E350 Merc Wagon with only 13k miles, but new RDX Advance matched it feature for feature, w/ better seats & more room at same $. Benz was beautiful but numb and rear-facing 3rd row seat was a joke and eliminated any hidden storage in cargo bay.

Old 04-07-2019, 12:21 AM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
Hello and welcome to AZ!

I love your username!!!

I've only had two Acuras.

Our current 2007 RDX Tech with 248K miles! And my 2008 TL base that was only at 106K when I sold it last year...

Which one has been your favorite?
Old 04-08-2019, 12:26 AM
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Hi, MM! Thanks for the reply.

You’ve got two good ones - that RDX WITH 248k speaks well for Acura’s (and Honda’s) Powertrains, And the ‘05-‘09 TL is, in my opinion, the best looking TL of all.
As for my favorite, my username is the giveaway. I loved that ‘92 Legend! The 5-speed only made up 5 percent of production, but it transformed the car. I bought it after having to drive company cars picked by the accounting department thru the ‘80s, And I figured i’d earned a better ride. Looked at the Lexus and Mazda’s 929, and they were pretty, but Also slow, boring, didn’t handle and worst of all - no manual transmissions! Also test drove a Legend with the automatic - it was better than the Lexus and Mazda, but took all the fun (and performance) out of it. My ‘92 was a Rosewood L w/leather, and did everything well. It had the horsepower on the top end, torque on the bottom end, looked good, handled beautifully, was totally reliable, and bulletproof (I taught both my daughters to drive with it). What’s not to like?
My second favorite was my oldest daughter’s ‘97 Integra coupe, also a 5-speed. I believe that was the year Acura revised the valve timing to drop the torque peak by about 1000 rpm compared to the previous models with no loss in high rpm power, which made a world of difference in driveability, which made a world of difference when she moved to the hills of San Francisco after graduation.
Old 04-08-2019, 01:17 AM
Null and proud of it

Received 898 Likes on 788 Posts
Wow! Cool story!

Rosewood Gold is probably my favorite "Old Honda" color!

I did not know that the Integra powerband was and could be revised in such a way! Sounds so cool when you think about it!

I had a feeling the Legend was your favorite! They are truly "Legend-ary" !!!

Have you visited http://www.drivetofive.com ?

If not, you need to check it out! It's a blog by a veteran member here (4crusin) that has a 1994 Legend Coupe 6 speed in a beige color, similar to Rosewood, that has about 565K miles. He also has I think, six or seven other vintige Hondas and Acuras!

This seems like it may bring back good old memories for you!

Cool story! Loved reading it! How are you liking your newest addition so far?

Last edited by Midnight Mystery; 04-08-2019 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Overshot by 10K.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:27 PM
Racer

Received 470 Likes on 225 Posts
Hello! I have a 2019 RDX Advance and love it. There are no perfect cars and I can point out a few things I would have done differently but they are minor. The heart of the car, its ride, handling, power train, seats, interior, etc. are just wonderful. I love the car more every time I drive it.

As for your 'fears", let me say this: I traded in my 2017 CR-V Touring. People ranted about all the "issues" the new CR-V had and scared people away from buying them. My CR-V was a perfect a car as I ever owned. I loved it but I am getting older and had long wanted an RDX. I found the red Advanced SH-AWD that I had wanted for a very fair price and traded up. Zero regrets, I love this car! Don't be scared off by some of the complaints some throw our. I worked over 40 years in the automotive field and I am picky about the vehicles I now have to pay for myself. I find the new RDX to be one fine piece of machinery for the price.