New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

New guy looking to buy used

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 09:10 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New guy looking to buy used

Hey all. I am from San Jose CA. I am currently trying to but an Acura TL. I need advice please. I am looking at a 2008 Acura TL for sale has roughly 76k on it and the price is 9300. IMO a good deal. However here is where it's gets messy. I paid to have a pretty purchase inspection and we discovered some repairs needed like some bushings and replacement of the front tires due to the bad bushings. Also there is a small oil leak the problem there is the mechanic told me he couldn't be sure where it was coming from exactly. The seller is firm on the 9300 even after this information. I want to buy it but honestly the not knowing of the origin on the leak scares me. What should I do!?! Thanks hope I can get an Acura soon and be a part of this community
Old 04-24-2017, 06:22 AM
Honda / Acura Fanboy

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Hi there, If they are firm on the price and wouldn't go down anything I'd pass try to get something of that price easily you say the car needs some bushing here and there and a new set of tires thats nothing main and could / should of easily bring the price down to 9k even but then the oil leak that should be taken care of asap and something should def be deducted from the final price but if they don't want to work on a price with you try holding back and skipping out even tho you may don't want to but it can pay off and who knows the next one you look at may can possibly be a way better bang for your buck or it can be worst. but no matter what if you have that cash in your hand/possession then you have many options.
The following users liked this post:
DeedsTL (04-24-2017)