New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

New to this forum, but here to stay . . .

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 05:52 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to this forum, but here to stay . . .

Here to stay, at least for the time we have our new Acura. Leased a new 2017 RDX Advance for the wife, Saturday a week ago, and she is thrilled with it. God only knows why I keep doing these things, but it is what it is. I've owned a couple of Acura's in the past, and I've always been fond of their power, handling, comfort and looks. I have mixed feelings, though, about this RDX. It just isn't as gratifying or luxurious as I would have liked, but she got what she wanted. She came out of an older Mitsu Eclipse, so anything would have been an improvement.The trade-in transaction with my local dealer was acceptable, just nothing to write home about. But, on to other matters.

I've joined car owner forums for many of my cars over the past couple of decades, pimarily for the technical support and shared user experiences. AcuraZine represents the same benefits to me during my/our 3-year lease. I usually purchase cars outright, but the wife started a new job that requires a 100 mile daily roundtrip commute. I figured, three years down the road, the car will be approaching 100K, with another two years left to pay on it. We were able to get a 3-year lease with a 30K annual mileage allowance, for a much lower monthly payment than buying and financing for 60 months. Done!

I'll write more later about my driving impressions and ownership experience of the RDX Adv, but my current grand total of 20 miles behind the wheel is obviously no basis for objectively evaluating this vehicle.

Just wanted to intro myself to all. I hope to be a meaningful contributor to this forum down the road. That is, of course, dependent on my ability to continue surviving these brutal summers in southeast Texas.

Enjoy your ride!