New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

New Dude, Old Car - Elegant Aggressor Finds a New Home

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2020, 08:00 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Dude, Old Car - Elegant Aggressor Finds a New Home

Hi All!
My name's Gordon - I am the one who was gifted a racing drug habit from some very good... very, very bad friends. One thing led to another and my itch had me searching for track cars (again).
Crossed paths with vill0169, one thing led to another, and I picked up his project (for sale ad) which he just didn't have time for anymore.

Now, ultimately this thread is late to the game, but.. sometime last year in the May-June time frame, I met him in Des Moines, Iowa and towed it all the way back to Cincinnati, OH..
The car came to me almost ready to race.. so, within a couple weeks it had its first outing at Blackhawk farms.

The car is racing in the wheel-to-wheel series with Gridlife (GLTC - Grid Life Touring Car), which is a power to weight series.. It's got a long shopping list to get the thing competitive, but I think it's got potential despite the fact that it's a chassis not many people truly race (not a ton of parts available)..
So, to keep it short and sweet... a couple new photos.. Dumped them into an imgur post to try and make it a little easier, hopefully..
https://imgur.com/gallery/lY2P58W

The car has since been given a new livery and a new fitting nickname - The Battleship!

The Battleship has since been given a bit of a face lift.. new big 2 piece rotors/brakes from Fast Brakes, a few wiring upgrades, a new spec race clutch, and a few reliability mods.. Upcoming plans include some new front suspension goodies to help with geometry control, and potentially a full re-wire with a Haltech ECM so we can squeeze a little better power out of the J32

On that note... I'm out! Nice to be here!