New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

New

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 08:20 AM
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New

Hello everyone. This is the first Acura I've ever owned. I recently got a 2003 TL with 140,000 on it. I love this car even though it has some years on it. I definitely am into this generation of TL, especially the body style, but of course the technology package needed an upgrade. I'm not a big car guy, but I am a big car audio enthusiast. I just replaced the stock head unit with a Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS dvd player, added Bluetooth connectivity, back-up cam, forward face cam, and kicker 5 and 1/4 coax's in the back. I am anxiously awaiting a 0 gauge amp kit from NVX, a Rockford 4 ch 600w amp and a pair of 6 and 1/2 polks to arrive. 0 gauge because after I'm done with the cabin hopefully 1200 more watts are on the way for sub and backstage fill. I purchased 5.25's in the back because this was the recommended size for after market, but when I went in I think it actually can take a 6.5 so I'm going to chance it and buy 6.5 components for the front. I want to flush mount the tweeters about 6 inches rear on the front door handles, I rough measured about .75" clearance, that's kind of shy of what I need. Anybody have any experience with this? After some internet research, I am a little concerned about my transmission. It was already replaced once and a lot of chatter seems to revolve around an inherent problem with these transmissions, any thoughts? Thanks everyone, this forum has already supplied me with a trove of useful stuff.