New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

My first Acura. 2005 TL, NoNav. 226,000mi.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 02:20 AM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow My first Acura. 2005 TL, NoNav. 226,000mi.

Hello from Alabama.

Due to my previous vehicle being declared a total loss by my insurance provider, I was in the market for a replacement used truck. I was searching nearly a month for another truck, a popular used model that sells in between three to ten days after hitting the lot, depending upon which automobile buying/information website you visit. After driving up to the last lot and seeing the ruck I wanted drive off the lot simultaneously, I was over it. I pulled up the AutoTrader app and tapped search with no parameters, sorted from least to most expensive, and this TL came up first thing. I was at the Honda dealership in eight minutes after that. Got the keys from a rep, did a pre-test drive check. We got in, jumped on the interstate, I floored it, blasted the A/C, turned up the radio, it drove straight at over 110mph and when I slammed on the brakes. The only discrepancies were the SRS and CEL indicators were lit up and the window lock button cover was missing. I made a low offer which was accepted, did all the paperwork and am just waiting for the title. I will be posting separately about the SRS and CEL indicators. I have never had seat warmers before but that is because I never knew I needed them. Thanks for your time!