New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

Hello from VA

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 01:15 PM
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Hello from VA

Its my first time being a TL enthusiast. Have been into Mopars, the muscle car type my whole life. Still have one of my first cars, 1973 Challenger 340. Its been in storage since 2001. Had kids and they got all my time and money so the car had to get stored. Enough of that..

My oldest is getting her license next week so I found her a pretty nice 2000 TL with 76k original miles. Knowing how reliable and safe TL's can be I grabbed it. Since that time my parents decided it was time for a new car so they gave their 03 TLS to my daughter also. Being very repair and maintenance anal people, even with 225k the damn thing is in better shape than the 00 I bought so my daughter decided to keep the S!

Listed the 00 on CL once and got no real bites so I think Ive decided to keep it because I drive a ram 4dr 4x4 and fairly regularly I have to drive some distance for my business and the TL is real nice for that.

I have plans to coilover the 00 with a bit of drop and find some second hand rims. I will probably build an exhaust for it because Im seeing the systems are stupid expensive.

Heres the 2..

Old 07-06-2016, 05:26 PM
IB Staff

Received 194 Likes on 99 Posts
Welcome to AcuraZine, Skoots! Those are some great first cars for your daughter.

If you haven't already done so, I encourage you to check out our dedicated TL sections if you have any questions about the cars or need any advice.