New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

Happy to be here

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 12:27 AM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy to be here

Hello acurazine! My name is Vlad and I am exciyed to tell you that I just got me an 05 3g tl😁 it's the first car I've ever brought or owned, ​​​​​​Since the 99 silverado that I've been driving since I was 14 years old. I decided to get something v6 because I've never had the expiriance of driving something quick and I'm glad I ended up with the tl.

The 13 year old car is in good condition and has been well maintained with only one owner who only put 81k miles on it over all that time. The vehicle has had Regular service done by dealer every year.

Timeing belt and drive belt and water pump in 2013 at 50k miles
Transmission fluid flushed shortly after that, at 54k
Fuel injectors cleaned in 2015
The time lower control arms were changed last month

Oil and filter changed and coolant flushed 3k miles ago

As someone buying their 1st car and such a nice car, I would like to know what I should do to make it super happy. So far I have :

3x3 flush according to inaccurate :2race 1 lightweight, 2race 1 lightweight, 1 d4 1 race 1 lightweight.

3 and 4 pressure switches and external filter after 1st flush .

Balance rotate tires

Flush power steering

Flush break fluid

Change air filter

Seafoam in vacuum hose, and oil at my next oil change

I'm planning to install a head unit with aux /Bluetooth capability after I finish with the things above.

Mods that I have in mind are:

Removing the thing on the air box /cai

Upgraded pully

B & m super cooler w/ magnifine filter for the tranny

I may do the j pipe since people say it's the best exhaust upgrade in terms of power

Sway bar/shocks etc. (not sure how important that is)

Please list anything that I should inspect that I may not know of since I've only resently started getting into cars. Also what should be the 1st mod I should do?

Thank you guys so much
Old 02-16-2018, 08:24 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 127 Posts
Welcome. Seems that you have all the big ticket maintenance items already taken care of. As far as performance a cai will not do much but as you stated the jpipe is the best bang for your buck. This platform is not the best for power on a budget unfortunately but the jpipe will help out a lot. Any pics? Good luck with your car
Old 02-16-2018, 08:04 PM
8th Gear

Thank you for your reply, I will look into it. I got the car less then a week ago so I am going to wash and detail it tomorrow, and I will post pics then . today I have found that where the hose attaches to the intake coming from the air box is cracked, and the real problem is that the air box covor which has the stub for the hose is also cracked, I wrapped it in teflon for now. is there an easy fix for this? also out of habit I put 87 octane gas in it, how bad is that? should I siphon it or put some octane booster or simply use it up and remember to put 93 next time? also as far as mods go, I am not exactly looking for power or whp, more for something that makes driving it more fun and exciting, from all the searching it seems to be the suspension, but I'm not sure which parts to get/get first. any help appriciated
Old 02-21-2018, 01:57 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Don't forget to slap on some coilovers!

And tints! Girls love tints
Old 02-21-2018, 11:22 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by Silencer_
Don't forget to slap on some coilovers!

And tints! Girls love tints

Thank you for taking your time to reply, and dually noted. What's the best tint % in your opinion? Coil overs are for lowering right? What would be the benefit of them in comparison to a body kit? Do I change the pressure switches and external filter on the first or third atf drain and fill? Any other information you can provide is greatly appreciated
​​​​​​😃