New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

FNG with "unicorn" TL

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 12:10 PM
Racer

Received 117 Likes on 91 Posts
FNG with "unicorn" TL

Sup guys,
New here, but not new to Honda's/Acuras what-so-ever. The list starts with; '95 Accord EX (ricer), '00 AV6 coupe, '95 Prelude (that I boosted, 275wtq 260whp), 2000 TL, then to my latest...

It was my older brothers old DD so he did all the hard work and digging finding the perfect one 7years ago, until he needed something bigger to fit his 2 daughters, so he got a brand new GS350 F-Sport.
So I bought his old car.... 2007 Kinetic Blue Pearl TL Type-S, 6 speed, Ivory interior. 133K on the clock, and he's kept alllll the records. Before the babies came he also installed; A-spec wheels, A-spec front and rear lips (looking for side skirts ATM), H&R sport springs, AEM CAI, 20% tints all around, roof spoiler, and some other small ticket items like 3K fogs. But he knows I'll take better care of it than he ever could.

His and my new DD's
FNG with "unicorn" TL-nwv2iwo.jpg

FNG with "unicorn" TL-r2l0h8e.jpg

FNG with "unicorn" TL-gjy7mxn.jpg

And the reason the Type-S is a DD is because the racecar is a 2005 STi. Built short block, rotated 30R turbo, yadda yadda yadda, and I'm getting ready to put some wiiiiiiideeeeee Works on her!
So yes, now both my DD and racecar are; Blue 4 doors, 6 speeds, fastest model, with Brembo's.

FNG with "unicorn" TL-pv4tvyv.jpg

Two of (some of the) best badges to come out of Japan; STi and Type-S
FNG with "unicorn" TL-jjlbowp.jpg

I've already;
-Changed front o2 sensor to fix the CEL
-Clayed/compounded/polished about 1/3 of the entire car
-Ordered some new T3 Neo wedge red LED's to replace all the burnt out ones around the navigation, they should be at my house today.

FNG with "unicorn" TL-gqncexr.jpg

Only thing left to fix is I think the pass side axle, because there's a fast clicking when turning either direction at slow speeds, even tho all the boots look good.
That's all for now, peace!

Nick
Old 07-07-2017, 12:16 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
sweet cars!!! welcome to the club, new guy!
Old 08-28-2017, 12:09 PM
Racer

You know how I said I "should" replace the pass side axle? Guess I shoulda done that sooner than later.
She officially left me stranded a day after my birthday, 23 days after my first post here.
FNG with "unicorn" TL-igj3ucy.jpg

I guess these trannies are completely open diff's? Cuz with a bad pass side axle, I wasn't going anyyywhereee.
Luckily I haven't sold my old TL to my buddy yet so I at least have 1 driveable car ATM, here's what the driveway has looked like for the past month.
FNG with "unicorn" TL-ihc0zdv.jpg

I'm attempting to change both axles. Luckily the pass side came out easily. The drivers-side unfortunately the strut fork to LCA bolt is frozen inside the bushing sleeve. So I'm not bothering with that one right now, that's going to suckkkkkk.

But disconnecting the lower BJ's to be able to pull the axle out, I knew I was gonna destroy the BJ's, so I got 2 new ones. Little did I know the ENTIRE knuckle needs to be removed to replace the BJ's via press, instead of a hammer.
So I gotta take the Brembo's off the knuckles. I don't gotta tell you guys what happened with the Brembo caliper mounting bolts...... stripped ALL 4 holes in the Brembo's FML.
I just had this identical issue with snapping the bleeders on the rear Brembo's on the STi 6months ago, needing to drill out and re-tap for new bleeders, and HeliCoiled 2 of the 4 mounting holes

I just had the new BJ's pressed in on Saturday, and my M14x1.5 HeliCoil kit should be here tomorrow for the Brembo's. Hopefully back on the road this week.

But at least I got my custom Work's from Japan that took 4 months to get here mounted, so I have that going for me...
FNG with "unicorn" TL-ortninn.jpg
Old 09-06-2017, 12:02 PM
AJD
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Which is nice...
Old 09-06-2017, 08:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
Welcome

Nice rides
Old 09-19-2017, 10:21 PM
Cruisin'

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
I see you have a thing for blue cars

Both are very nice.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:09 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by AJD
Which is nice...

Originally Posted by zmcgovern45
I see you have a thing for blue cars

Both are very nice.
Specifically blue 4 doors, 6 speeds, fastest models, with Brembo's
Old 09-21-2017, 11:18 AM
Drifting

Received 849 Likes on 605 Posts
Originally Posted by twokexlv6coupe

Specifically blue 4 doors, 6 speeds, fastest models, with Brembo's
I see what you did there That blue Type-S 6MT TL really is a unicorn. Good choice. I had a 2006 6MT and I loved it (my avatar).