New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

1st Acura and it is an RL

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 07:12 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 1st Acura and it is an RL

Hi All,

I sold my 2003 Honda Accord and bought a 2005 Acura RL with 98K from my cousin who is a great mechanic for $4,000. I absolutely love so many things about the car except the gas cost increase, but it is worth it! I am wowed by the features in 2005, including Bluetooth and the size of the navigation screen! The engine sounds smooth, it stops on a dime, love the brakes and the way it takes turns! This is my 1st luxury car so I might be biased, but could not be happier with this purchase and I heard that this engine can last quite a long time if you take care of it and use synthetics oil. Still researching the type of gas to use, I've been putting premium top tier gas in and I'm not sure if 91 Octane is needed to make the car last if the gas is top tier brands like Shell, Exon, Mobil, BP in the USA.

I have a couple of minor issues I plan on resolving like:

1- The SRS light is on, probably the passenger seatbelt. If not I will have my cousin look at the SRS codes.
2- I ordered center console and armrest vinyl. The armrest is completed and looks fantastic!
3- Driver side rear door actuator sounds like it works, but does not open the lock. Fortunately, it can be opened manually from the inside. I will take the door panel off to investigate. My theory is someone did some work and incorrectly installed the locking parts correctly.
4- Driver side door handle dimple locks instantly, but it will not unlock as the passenger door does correctly. Judging by this forum comments, this is a very common problem that seems not worth it to fix. I think I will skip if there is not a simpler suggestion as to replace the whole handle.

Friends... If you have any advice to a new Acura RL owner please message me!

Tony

Old 10-20-2018, 09:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 194 Likes on 158 Posts
Where'd you order the center console vinyl from?
Old 10-25-2018, 07:45 AM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eBay for the vinyl only and I watch a youtube video on how to use glue and claps to wrap it around and reinstall.