New Member Introductions Welcome! Please introduce yourselves here, BUT ASK FOR HELP IN THE TECHNICAL FORUMS

04 GBM TSX 236k!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 11:14 PM
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool 04 GBM TSX 236k!

Hey everyone! Long time lurker; first time poster.

As the title states, over the Holidays I picked up a 2004 Glacier Blue Metallic TSX. It was my sister in law's daily driver for 10+ years and it's got 236,000 miles on it. The majority of that was on a highway commute and I know the car was well maintained with no accidents. About 5 years ago a buddy of mine bought an 08 PWP which I helped him mod. It was a lot of fun to drive/work on and I guess I really liked this car since then.

So far I've already done some things to the car with the help of this forum and the others like it. Shout out to everyone posting DIY tutorials on here!!

It was about time for some regular maintenance stuff like brakes, transmission service/filter, coolant service, air filter, and an oil change. It'll need some new tires at some point but they've got a little bit of life in them. I've repaired the Driver's side seat from sliding around, replaced the original factory radio with a used one from ebay (The center light had shorted out long ago and it was out of warranty,) I also had to replace the rear electrical harness in the trunk(which had been frayed a second time and was also out of warranty.) Oh yeah, I did the O-ring fix on the power steering pump which helped with the squealing it was making, but after I cleaned it up I could tell see that the seals are leaking on the PSP so I've actually already picked up a remanufactured one from AutoZone to replace it tomorrow.

Since the car had so many miles on it and was still on the original suspension, that was pretty much done. The bushings were all showing signs of dry rot and it needed new springs and struts. So instead I decided to have a local performance shop install Tein Street Basis Coilovers and also replace the whole front suspension(bushings, control arms, etc...) which since it had to be replaced anyway ended up costing me just a tad more than stock replacements.

I also threw some WeatherTech generic mats in there, dropped in a K&N filter, got it tinted with ceramic tint, debadged the "TSX" and "ACURA" on the trunk, painted the "A" on the front and back gold, installed some ebay fog lights, OEM splash guards, a GTA Car Kit bluetooth/aux adapter, and DIY'd the black front grille.

All in all not to bad. Since I did everything minus the suspension/tint myself and the car was pretty much gifted to me, I was able to sell my 09 Accord, pay for the maintenance/repairs to the TSX, and still have a little bit left over to throw down on my fiance's new HR-V.

There are a few more things that I'd like to do in the future but, all in all; I'm having fun as a new TSX owner.

I'll post some more pics once I wash and wax it this weekend. 
Old 02-09-2017, 11:22 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Welcome!
Old 02-10-2017, 06:25 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
still looks great!! welcome aboard!!
The following users liked this post:
Lie-Low (02-13-2017)
Old 02-10-2017, 10:16 AM
Gumball Rally Special

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Nice list of work! Welcome
justnspace (02-10-2017)
Old 02-11-2017, 06:16 AM
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks, guys! I took it into Iconic Performance and Design here in Atlanta yesterday and got the coolant and transmission serviced. I highly recommend them to anyone in the area. The owner of the shop pointed out a slight oil leak coming from the valve cover gasket. I haven't had a chance yet to measure how much oil it's burning up or losing regularly yet. but I don't think the leak is too bad (not that leaking oil is good by any means) But it'll be fine until my next oil change or if I get some free time in the next month or so I'll swap it out myself. I saw a tutorial somewhere that I'll have to dig up to replace it but it didn't seem too bad or expensive to fix myself. I'll just keep an eye on it until then.
Lie-Low (02-13-2017)
Old 02-16-2017, 10:27 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice, looks to be in good shape! I myself might soon have to replace the suspension, but I'll cross the suspension bridge when it comes.