New England Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island & Vermont

CT members w/ gun permit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 12:41 PM
n3o
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts
CT members w/ gun permit?

Anyone in CT carry? Looking to pick up my first handgun but I'm lefty so I'm kinda screwed haha
Old 11-15-2010, 12:51 PM
Safety Car

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
yea i have my pistol permit but i dont normally carry my gun with me

I have a Glock 26 and i ♥ it

Check out Hoffmans they have some pretty good deals

shooting meet? lol
Old 11-15-2010, 01:31 PM
n3o
Pro

Originally Posted by CarrieLynn
yea i have my pistol permit but i dont normally carry my gun with me

I have a Glock 26 and i ♥ it

Check out Hoffmans they have some pretty good deals

shooting meet? lol
haha that'd be sweet. You know I hated the glocks. I have small girly hands for a guy and the glocks were all very uncomfortable...until the Gen4's . They feel great, still a bit big, but nice regardless. What I'm trying to get my hands on is an HK USP 9mm or I've also been considering an M&P sub compact 9. Very comfortable gun, shoots real nice too.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:51 AM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Either of you know how I can get a permit in CT? I am technically still a NH resident (plates, reg, license) but I want to get a permit down here. I have a permit to carry concealed in NH but I know it doesnt transfer down here..
Old 11-28-2010, 06:24 PM
Quarantuning

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by n3o
haha that'd be sweet. You know I hated the glocks. I have small girly hands for a guy and the glocks were all very uncomfortable...until the Gen4's . They feel great, still a bit big, but nice regardless. What I'm trying to get my hands on is an HK USP 9mm or I've also been considering an M&P sub compact 9. Very comfortable gun, shoots real nice too.
You should give springfield armory a try. My boy has a sub compact xd-40 and its a fantastic pistol. I have big hands and it feels small to me. If you have really small hands try shooting some .380's.
If you live near Norwalk CT, stop by forest and field shooting range and store. They have like 100 guns you can rent for 5$, shoot em as much as you like and see what works best.

Originally Posted by T2005L
Either of you know how I can get a permit in CT? I am technically still a NH resident (plates, reg, license) but I want to get a permit down here. I have a permit to carry concealed in NH but I know it doesnt transfer down here..
What you need to do is visit your local police station and pick up a concealed carry permit app. Then visit any local gun store to you and inquire about taking a pistol safety course. Then bring in your paperwork pay a bunch of money and wait like 3 months and your good.

To anyone else interested in shooting me and my buddies like to go shooting at least once a month to this great outdoor range in Danbury CT. It's called Wooster Mountain and it's a great place to shoot. Pistol. high powered rifle, skeet too! 15$ to shoot all day just bring your own ammo. Can't beat that!
They close for the season in late Dec I think so there's still time.
We should get an Azine shoot meet together that'd be cool.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:30 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slickshift is right you can't go wrong with a Springfield. I have a XD-45, Springfield armory is kind of a low key manufacturer when it comes to pistols but they make very high quality stuff.

N30, you should have no issues with being left handed. Most guns these days are set up for both, a universal magazine release and slide lock.

It is very refreshing to see some gun enthusiast in this super liberal state of our
Old 03-30-2011, 11:57 PM
n3o
Pro

I ended up actually picking up a used SA 1911 A1. Absolutely love the damn thing.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:44 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey guys! I also have a pistol permit and I am a certified NRA Pistol instructor.... I would also recommend Jo Jo's in southington CT. Those guys have amazing customer service and for most prices are cheaper than hoffmans!!! talk to John let them know Omar sent you