Mika to Williams and other rumors ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 12:32 PM
Subie Dubie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mika to Williams and other rumors ??

It's kinda quiet here so let's guess on some of the F1 openings. Rumor has it that Frank Williams is offering Mucho Dinero to get Mika to leave retirement !!

Who's gonna get the second seat at Toyota, will Jag be back, will MS win 100 ?? What am i missing ??
Old 07-21-2004, 05:26 PM
boosted is best

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Rider
It's kinda quiet here so let's guess on some of the F1 openings. Rumor has it that Frank Williams is offering Mucho Dinero to get Mika to leave retirement !!

Who's gonna get the second seat at Toyota, will Jag be back, will MS win 100 ?? What am i missing ??
It would be good to see Mika back... but has he lost it for good? Or will he come back with a vengeance?
Old 07-21-2004, 06:35 PM
Subie Dubie

Originally Posted by cls6sp03
It would be good to see Mika back... but has he lost it for good? Or will he come back with a vengeance?
I think the time off would be good, he's younger than MS isn't he ?
Old 07-22-2004, 11:56 AM
boosted is best

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I think the time off would be good, he's younger than MS isn't he ?
Just a tad older...

"... But over the last few months Hakkinen has resumed his training programme and shed weight, and is now super-fit. At 35 his age may count against him with some F1 teams, but he is only three months older than Michael Schumacher and two years younger than Olivier Panis.
..."

MIKA RETURN RUMOURS STRENGTHEN
Old 07-26-2004, 05:26 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 6,919 Likes on 3,511 Posts
Williams doesn't need an experienced car driver, it needs a car period! Montoya has said the new FW is "impossible" as it goes from understeer to oversteer w/ no warning, slips/slides all over the place and has horrible traction out of slow to med. speed corners. Hakkinen never did it for me, he can stay in retirement. Webber will be in Williams, Trulli will be in Toyota, DaMatta will be in Champcars, DC will be in a Sauber or a Jag (maybe, he's got enough $$$$, may not drive at all). Not sure about second seats at Williams, Renault and Toyota. I wonder how many more seasons Ferrari can be so dominant. The only reason the teams are getting into the same camera shot as MS is b/c Ferrari are working on next year's car and have abandoned development on the 2004 while the teams are still working frantically to start producing results (McLaren f'rinstance). MS will hit 100 I'd say it's almost a sure thing.
Old 07-26-2004, 04:42 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. No way will Mika come back for any amount of money.

2. Ralf & Jarno.

3. Probably not as Jaguar. But if they do come back, then DC in one car. If no Jag, then drivers a toss up.

4. Is the Pope Polish?

And in CCWS, will Memo keep the Rocketsports ride for the rest of the year? He was faster than Tags, until he spun.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:14 PM
Subie Dubie

Originally Posted by Starter
1. No way will Mika come back for any amount of money.

2. Ralf & Jarno.

3. Probably not as Jaguar. But if they do come back, then DC in one car. If no Jag, then drivers a toss up.

4. Is the Pope Polish?

And in CCWS, will Memo keep the Rocketsports ride for the rest of the year? He was faster than Tags, until he spun.
I sure hope Memo gets to keep the ride, he belongs