Formula One: 2021 Season News and Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2021, 01:48 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,702 Likes on 6,711 Posts
Originally Posted by 00TL-P3.2
I'm down.
Supposed to be in Miami that weekend, but I can shift some things around.
Miami GP is next year! You’re 8 months too early
Old 10-13-2021, 05:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 7,143 Likes on 3,631 Posts
I'll be in Sarasota that weekend, who wants to sub for me?
Old 10-13-2021, 08:02 AM
F-C
Senior Moderator

Received 1,127 Likes on 809 Posts
Originally Posted by Chief F1 Fan
At lap 41 when they called LH in, there was no temp readings showing his tires dropping off in temp and staying there-yet. Apparently that's why they let him carry on. Y'know what I miss? Drivers using their own skills and feelings to determine what's going on with their cars. Now it's "Your rear brakes are overheating, coast more in to turns " or "the right front is showing a lot of deg, use less of the curb on Turn 4" and etc. I think this kind of detailed information shared with the driver should be banned and go back to pit boards saying "brakes hot" instead.
I've been saying that for years now Chief. At this point, it's completely an engineering exercise. The driver is just making inputs that the teams' computers dictate. During the race, the teams are constantly running simulations to see the most optimized strategy based on the data available. It's all coming down to who has the best algorithm to run the simulations. Even a few years back, race strategy was run solely by human strategists that make the best estimate as to when to pit and what tyres to pick. Why do that now when computers can simulate all possible scenarios in the blink of an eye and provide the answer better than a human?

BAN THE RADIOS! If you want interesting races where chaos ensues, and humans make errors, get rid of the radio. Have the drivers make the decisions.

Funny that when Hamilton overrides the computers, we get chaos, and much better drama. What a coincidence!
Old 10-13-2021, 08:08 AM

Received 5,457 Likes on 3,730 Posts
Other than them not having pit stops, no radio in MotoGP keeps it interesting.
Just basic dash messages & the pit boards.

It would be interesting to see what F1 would look like if there was dramatically less radio between the pit wall & driver. But, unless you get rid of the radio completely, you just end up with coded messages for instruction.
Old 10-13-2021, 08:15 AM
F-C
Senior Moderator

Other than them not having pit stops, no radio in MotoGP keeps it interesting.
Just basic dash messages & the pit boards.

It would be interesting to see what F1 would look like if there was dramatically less radio between the pit wall & driver. But, unless you get rid of the radio completely, you just end up with coded messages for instruction.
Dash messages in MotoGP is just a very recent development. I hate it, but at least the messages in MotoGP are very limited in information. Also, MotoGP doesn't have pit stops, so the messages have only minimal impact on strategy.

I think keeping a pit board is fine, just to tell the drivers the gap between the car in front and the car behind. But I'd like to see humans make decisions in the race. Otherwise, might just watch bots racing against each other.
Old 10-13-2021, 08:28 AM

So far, I've only really seen engine mappings & penalty confirmation on the MotoGP dash messages (NBCSN coverage)
With how far F1 has come, I'm not sure how you'd go about reeling in radio comms.
Old 10-13-2021, 08:35 AM
F-C
Senior Moderator

It shouldn't be difficult. Just remove all radios from the pit. This will also cut down on the bloated staffing levels since there's a cost cap in place now.

I can see why the teams want to keep it, because it gives them more control of the situation rather than the uneducated idiots driving the cars.

When was the last time we saw a massive engine failure/ kablooey? Almost never, because there are so many sensors on the cars now telling the pits ahead of a failure that then get relayed to the drivers by radio. I don't know about you, but I miss the kablooeies. More chaos!
Old 10-13-2021, 08:41 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,172 Likes on 2,590 Posts
Saw a rumor earlier that the RBR cars will be running Acura badging instead of Honda, for the USGP.
FWIW back in the 80's and 90's for US and Canada races, it was common to see Acura on the driver's helmets but not the car bodywork.
Why not the bodywork? I'm guessing it was not worth the time/money to do the stickers for those races.

Old 10-13-2021, 08:53 AM
F-C
Senior Moderator

And now, one off special edition liveries for the entire car is common. We've already had the tribute cars for Honda, Gulf, and Alfa this year.

Do it, but Acura Type S stickers on the Red Bull.

Last edited by F-C; 10-13-2021 at 09:34 AM.
Old 10-13-2021, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by F-C
It shouldn't be difficult. Just remove all radios from the pit. This will also cut down on the bloated staffing levels since there's a cost cap in place now.

I can see why the teams want to keep it, because it gives them more control of the situation rather than the uneducated idiots driving the cars.

When was the last time we saw a massive engine failure/ kablooey? Almost never, because there are so many sensors on the cars now telling the pits ahead of a failure that then get relayed to the drivers by radio. I don't know about you, but I miss the kablooeies. More chaos!
Thinking back, that last big engine failure, during a race, might've been LH in 2016 (Malaysia?). There's likely been a few since then, but that one definitely stands out in memory.
Old 10-14-2021, 01:44 PM
AZ Community Team

Ride to school with McLaren F1 driver Lando Norris

This was cute

Old 10-15-2021, 08:25 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by F-C

With the overall powertrain unit cost ~$5-6M no team wants catastrophic blowups. So under most circumstances, retire the car and rebuild the motor. May not be exciting visually but makes a difference in the bottom line costs for the teams.
Old 10-15-2021, 08:53 AM
F-C
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Legend2TL
With the overall powertrain unit cost ~$5-6M no team wants catastrophic blowups. So under most circumstances, retire the car and rebuild the motor. May not be exciting visually but makes a difference in the bottom line costs for the teams.
I get that, but that's another reason why modern F1 pales in comparison to the past.
Old 10-17-2021, 07:26 AM
Senior Moderator

The team might not want catastrophic blow ups but certain drivers, Raikkonen amongst them, reportedly purposely over-revved the Mercedes engines in the McLaren against team wishes because he was sick of power plants being incapable of making it to the finish.
Old 10-18-2021, 12:00 PM
F-C
Senior Moderator

So it's USGP.

I have no knowledge of track finances, but do people think that COTA is in trouble? MotoGP is mad at COTA and might not return. None of the top road racing series in the USA race there anymore (IndyCar, IMSA, GT World Challenge). Now Miami is on the calendar.

Is COTA dying?
Old 10-18-2021, 12:34 PM
F-C
Senior Moderator

https://racer.com/2021/10/18/patrick...ted-states-gp/
Danica Patrick will join the Sky Sports broadcast team for next weekend’s United States Grand Prix.

The former IndyCar and NASCAR driver — the most successful female driver in American open-wheel history — retired from competition in 2018 but has worked on NBC’s coverage of the Indy 500, among other events, and will be a pundit at her first F1 race in Austin. Patrick will be part of the Sky Sports coverage that is broadcast by ESPN in the U.S.

“For me, speaking to Americans who are becoming more and more interested in Formula 1 — especially through the Netflix Drive to Survive series — I will have that ability to pull analogies and stories from our culture here and the things that we do and watch, and shows and sports, and be able to get people to understand more about racing,” Patrick told RACER

“Because I think in general, the thing is they don’t know what racing is all about. They don’t understand it, it looks easy, there’s not a lot of connection with the drivers because they don’t even know what they look like. So it’s about bridging that gap between cars going round and what it’s really like, who’s doing it, what the risks are, what the challenges are, what’s on the line…

“So, I think that I’ll be able to bridge that gap a little bit more domestically for people who are perhaps newly-interested in Formula 1.

“But mind you, we have some Formula 1 fans in the States, a lot of them that are super-passionate and who know more about Formula 1 than I do! Because they’re passionate, right? But then the newer ones who are kind of interested that might be watching for the first time because it’s on at noon instead of 8am or 7am, it’s a good opportunity to pull them in and get them interested and maybe they’ll understand more about it after listening.”

Next weekend’s race in Austin will be carried live on ABC for the first time since 2019.
Greeeeat. So we'll going to have two hours of "you know, this is F1, where they actually turn right instead of only left."
Doesn't say if she will be doing play by play or if she'll be in the pits. I hope she won't be in the booth. The rest of the world will be like who is she, and why's she talking to me like I'm an idiot.

The following 2 users liked this post by F-C:
civicdrivr (10-18-2021), thoiboi (10-18-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 12:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Old 10-18-2021, 01:25 PM
AZ Community Team

F1 coverage in one race has gone from insightful Jenson Button to eye candy Danica Patrick
Old 10-18-2021, 01:50 PM
AZ Community Team

McLaren CEO Zak Brown shows me the SECRET F1 Collection in the MTC! | Kidd in a Sweet

Old 10-18-2021, 02:25 PM
Senior Moderator

F1 coverage in one race has gone from insightful Jenson Button to "eye candy" Danica Patrick

FFA..

"Give the Americans what they want, they don't care about the sport, let's just put a girl on their for coverage and maybe more Americans will watch it!" - Someone in charge of USGP viewership
Old 10-19-2021, 11:29 AM

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/p...issed/6688195/

The Malaysian oil giant has been a sponsor and technical partner of Mercedes since the German car manufacturer’s F1 return in 2010.

Its logos have appeared prominently on the Mercedes cars ever since, and its fuel and oils have played a critical role in helping the team deliver seven consecutive F1 championship doubles.

The deal between Mercedes and Petronas has been extended several times and it is understood that its most current contract, which was signed back in 2019, runs until the end of 2025.

Despite that deal being in place, wild rumours surfaced over the weekend that Petronas would leave F1 at the end of this season and Mercedes would replace it with Saudi Arabian oil giant Aramco as its title partner from 2022.

The links were based on Aramco’s efforts to ramp up its profile on the back of its sponsorship of F1, plus Saudi Arabia hosting its first grand prix this year.

Aramco’s partnership with F1 already ensures extensive trackside advertising as well as the title rights to a number of races over the course of the season.

However, it has been made clear that there will be no change in the Petronas-Mercedes partnership, and the current contract will carry on as before.

A statement issued on behalf of the team and oil company on Monday said: “Petronas and Mercedes have been partners since 2010 in a collaborative long-term relationship that is mutually beneficial to both parties.

“Last year, we extended our partnership for another multi-year cycle and we are proud to continue to be working together to deliver cutting-edge performance.”

Petronas’s commitment to F1 comes despite a change of its focus in other motorsport activities, with it ending its title sponsorship of the Sepang Racing Team in MotoGP from 2022.

Mercedes co-owner Ineos does have close ties with Aramco as they work together on projects in Saudi Arabia.

Back in 2019, Ineos announced a $2 billion investment deal in the kingdom where, jointly with French company Total, it would build its first ever plants in the Middle East.
Old 10-20-2021, 08:51 AM

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/d...pions/6692337/

Hakkinen will join the field for the Race of Champions on 5-6 February, which is taking place in the Swedish resort of Pite Havsbad with an off-course route in the ice and snow.

Current Mercedes F1 driver Bottas announced in September he would be making his Race of Champions debut next year, and he will now be partnered by Hakkinen.

Bottas and Hakkinen will represent Team Finland in the Nations Cup, with both drivers also due to take part in the individual Champion of Champions event.

“I’m very excited to be back racing again and to finally be able to participate in the Race Of Champions,” said Hakkinen, who won the F1 drivers’ title in 1998 and 1999 with McLaren.

“It will be very different from racing in Formula 1, but I love competition and it’s so spectacular driving on snow and ice.

“I’ll try to get some practice at my place in the north of Finland before the event.

“It’s an honour to represent Team Finland with Valtteri Bottas. We will do our best to win the title and hopefully there will be a lot of Finnish fans coming to support us.”

Bottas added: “We have become good friends with Mika, so I’m very happy to have him as my team-mate representing Finland in the ROC Nations Cup.

“But then of course we have to try to beat each other in the individual Race Of Champions. It will be entertaining for the fans, whoever wins it.”

Hakkinen joins an array of Nordic drivers for next year’s Race of Champions, including Bottas, nine-time Le Mans winner Tom Kristensen, three-time World Rallycross champion Johan Kristoffersson, as well as rally stars Petter and Oliver Solberg.

“There is a long-standing sporting rivalry between the Nordic countries, so there will be a lot of prestige on the line, especially between Finland and Sweden,” said Race of Champions president Fredrik Johnsson.

“The local drivers might think they will have an edge, but the competition from nations like France, spearheaded by Sebastien Loeb, and US with Travis Pastrana will be fierce and there are always surprises at ROC.

“One thing is for sure, it will be very spectacular and entertaining to watch.”
Old 10-20-2021, 10:04 AM
F-C
Senior Moderator

The Acura name will be back in Formula 1 for the first time in more than a decade thanks to branding on both the Red Bull and AlphaTauri cars at this weekend’s United States Grand Prix.

Honda’s North American high-performance brand was last seen in F1 at the 2007 Canadian Grand Prix, when the Japanese manufacturer was a full constructor. This weekend, the rear wings of both Honda-powered cars will carry the Acura logo, while it will also feature on the drivers race suits and helmet visors, echoing the first time Honda promoted Acura in F1 with McLaren pair Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost back in 1989.

Honda F1’s managing director Masashi Yamamoto says Austin will be the only race the branding is used, as Red Bull reverts to its usual blue color-scheme after running a white Honda livery in Turkey.

“We are happy to promote Honda’s Acura division at the United States Grand Prix and for them to support us in this our final season in Formula 1,” Yamamoto said. “Acura is an important brand in the USA, Canada and China among other countries and has a long and successful history of motorsport involvement also linked to Honda Performance Development, Honda’s racing division in the States.

“This special livery is a one-off, just for this event, but we hope it will be remembered as part of another successful weekend for our Formula 1 team in what has been an exciting and excellent season so far.

“This will not be the first time that Formula 1 cars and drivers have raced with Acura branding. The Acura marque made its F1 debut at the 1989 United States Grand Prix in Phoenix, when Alain Prost won, with Acura on his helmet visor. Let’s hope that’s a good omen for this weekend.”

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner also hopes history repeats itself 32 years later.

“As Honda’s high-performance marque in North America it seems only right and proper that Acura should be present at the pinnacle of motorsport, Formula 1 and we are delighted to welcome them back for this year’s United States Grand Prix,” Horner said. “I remember Alain Prost winning the U.S. Grand Prix in 1989 with Acura on his visor, so hopefully having the brand with us this weekend at the Circuit of The Americas will bring us the same result.”
Love me some brand management!

The following 2 users liked this post by F-C:
astro (10-20-2021), thoiboi (10-20-2021)
Old 10-20-2021, 10:12 AM
AZ Community Team

^ That rear wing looks awesome!
Old 10-20-2021, 10:21 AM

^ Doesn't look bad at all.

Also read that Zak Brown shipped a #3 Earnhardt car over & Ricciardo will be taking some laps at COTA in it.
Old 10-20-2021, 11:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by F-C
Honda’s North American high-performance brand

but this makes me very excited to see.. still waiting for to send me those F1 pit passes.. I check my mail every day...

We should make an AZ field trip out of it!

USGP 2022, perhaps?
The following users liked this post:
astro (10-20-2021)
Old 10-20-2021, 11:33 AM

We last went in 2018, just might be able to make a 2022 trip work, would be cool to see the new cars in person. We'll see how the front of the season goes & see if it's worth the ~$1k for the trip.
Old 10-20-2021, 11:56 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 631 Likes on 280 Posts
I'm in for an MTL GP meet in 2022.
Old 10-20-2021, 12:05 PM
F-C
Senior Moderator

I'll buy a Red Bull Acura t-shirt if they make it.
Old 10-20-2021, 12:10 PM
F-C
Senior Moderator

$73 for a cotton t-shirt from Puma for the special white livery car? I think I'll pass if they sell an Acura t-shirt.
Old 10-20-2021, 12:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by F-C

$73 for a cotton t-shirt from Puma for the special white livery car? I think I'll pass if they sell an Acura t-shirt.
Just like Acura parts, the Acura T-shirt would be identical to this shirt, but the dealer would charge 40% more for it.. What, you don't like to spend $102 for a t-shirt? Why do you hate Acura?
Old 10-20-2021, 01:32 PM

Yeah, sucks how much $$ F1 merch is. Tough to swipe for a $90 polo.
But, I'm a cheapass.
Old 10-20-2021, 02:53 PM

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/3...awrence-stroll

U.S.-based Andretti Autosport would be a great addition to Formula One if reported takeover talks with Sauber come to fruition, according to Aston Martin's billionaire Canadian owner Lawrence Stroll.

Swiss-based Sauber run the Alfa Romeo team and there is mounting speculation that Michael Andretti, a former grand prix racer and son of 1978 champion Mario, is close to a deal.

American motorsports website Racer.com reported however that no announcement was expected at this weekend's U.S. Grand Prix in Austin, Texas.

"Andretti's a great name. I know the family and I think they'd be a great addition to the sport, if it's true," Stroll told Reuters from Montreal ahead of Sunday's race when asked about the rumours.

"I don't know much about it other than that I heard in the paddock last race that there was potentially some activity there.

"I think they did a SPAC in the States and said they were going to look to buy something in motorsports. I fully get it, I see the logic."

The Andretti family set up a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) this year to raise $250 million through an initial public offering.

The United States is a key growth area for Formula One, owned by U.S.-based Liberty Media, with a second race in Miami coming in 2022.

Stroll, who made his money in fashion, bought a significant stake in British sportscar maker Aston Martin in 2020 and is the executive chairman.

The Silverstone-based Formula One team he bought in 2018 now competes as Aston Martin and Stroll has big plans for the future.

A new factory and wind tunnel 'campus' is being built and the team this month launched a five-year sterling retail bond through the London Stock Exchange to help fund a project due for completion in three years' time.

Stroll said the offer was also a chance for the team's fans and employees to become financially involved with a minimum initial subscription of 1,000 pounds ($1,376.40) and multiples of 100.

"This will be a substantial amount of what the total facility will cost," said the Canadian, who added that the latest cost estimate was around 220 million pounds.

Stroll said Formula One's introduction of a budget cap this season, dropping to $135 million in 2023, would transform the business.

"Everybody is very focused on each of us being profitable. And Formula One teams, run properly, will be very profitable companies," he said.

"It's a lot easier to win when you're outspending the competition. That has now gone... that plays into the sweet spot of this team, who historically did more with less.

"We'll be able to do more, we'll be at the peak of the budget cap, we'll be right up there."

The value of Formula One teams has also been boosted by any new entrant having to pay a $200 million fee to compensate the existing 10 outfits for their reduced future share of the sport's overall revenues.

This does not apply to anyone taking over an existing team.
https://jalopnik.com/colton-hertas-f...ery-1847895511

​​​​​​​Michael Andretti purchases the Alfa Romeo Formula 1 team, reuniting a famous racing family with the pinnacle of global motorsport. Then, it installs a young, promising American talent as one of its drivers, something Haas — the sport’s other American team — has failed to do in six seasons. It’s a really nice idea that’s given rise to a heap of speculation, though a nice idea is all that it is at the moment. Andretti’s supposedly doing everything in his power to make it real, though.

Nearly two weeks ago, it was reported that Andretti was nearing a deal to acquire 80 percent of the investment firm that owns Sauber Motorsport and Sauber Engineering, which run Alfa Romeo’s F1 effort. It’s rumored that Andretti visited Sauber’s base of operations in Hinwil, Switzerland on Monday.

On Tuesday, Jenna Fryer of the Associated Press tweeted that she heard from multiple people that Andretti was trying to get Colton Herta, who races for Andretti Autosport in IndyCar, into an F1 car for Friday practice ahead of this weekend’s United States Grand Prix at Circuit of the Americas.

Then, an hour later, Racer reported that neither the rumored announcement of Andretti taking over the Alfa Romeo team nor Herta’s potential practice run are expected to occur at COTA after all.

Still, that’s a lot almost happening in a very short amount of time. Why the rush? The impetus could be Herta’s need to earn more points to qualify for a Super License, which all F1 drivers are required to have. You need 40 points, awarded for finishing positions in various racing series and totaled over a three-year period, to get a Super License.

As it stands, Herta has 32, though drivers are awarded a point for each F1 Free Practice session they participate in. For what it’s worth, the FIA has also thrown new drivers something of a lifeline in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, as the Indianapolis Star explains:
​​​​​​​With the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, the FIA issued an amendment; a driver may select three of their last four years to accumulate 40 points. That “left out” year doesn’t have to be 2020. Additionally, if a driver has totaled 30 points by adding up three of their last four years but can claim they were unable to reach 40 due to “circumstances outside their control or reasons of force majeure,” the FIA has the latitude to grant a license.
Taking that addendum to the rules into account, Herta could qualify with his 2018 Indy Lights runner-up title — if not for the fact that particular Indy Lights season wasn’t contested by enough drivers to count, based on the FIA’s rules. Perhaps the FIA could issue an exemption; nevertheless, I can only imagine how frustrating this must be to Herta and Andretti if they indeed believe the team will find its way onto the F1 grid next year.

All that would explain why Andretti would want Herta to get seat time during F1 practice sessions as soon as possible. But even then, there are only six races left in the current season, not to mention the massive, time-consuming adjustment in driving style required to transition from IndyCar to F1 — and vice versa — necessary to be competitive.

It’d be exciting to see Herta make the jump and join Valtteri Bottas in an Andretti-liveried car next season, should there be an Andretti-liveried car next season. The 21-year-old, six-time IndyCar race winner has made his interest in an F1 career known before. Maybe he’ll get that chance in 2022, maybe he’ll have to wait. Either way, if everything goes according to Andretti’s plan, it seems bound to happen one way or another.
Old 10-22-2021, 12:37 PM
F-C
Senior Moderator

So watching FP`

Watching FP1. RBR has Acura on the rear wing and even on the race suits. However, Honda logos are everywhere else on the car.
Old 10-24-2021, 09:04 AM
Senior Moderator

PU branding vs. car branding
The following users liked this post:
civicdrivr (10-24-2021)
Old 10-24-2021, 03:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,666 Likes on 930 Posts
Eh, still have to keep that connection with the international crowd, who are largely oblivious to the Acura brand.

Pulled for LH44 nonetheless, came up a little short today. (Click! off)
Old 10-24-2021, 08:46 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,353 Likes on 4,915 Posts
I was blown away by the crowd at COTA this weekend. Could F1 actually be catching on here finally?

Also - I hope Sky never ever ever hands Danica a microphone again.
The following 3 users liked this post by civicdrivr:
Chief F1 Fan (10-25-2021), csmeance (10-25-2021), thoiboi (10-24-2021)
Old 10-25-2021, 07:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,210 Likes on 694 Posts
Originally Posted by civicdrivr
I was blown away by the crowd at COTA this weekend. Could F1 actually be catching on here finally?

Also - I hope Sky never ever ever hands Danica a microphone again.
If COTA is intent on drawing this much of a crowd, the infrastructure around the circuit needs to be improved. Parking and getting out has always been an issue, but there were far too many people there. The main 2 bridges were a nightmare to cross. Concession stands were way too close to the grand stands making a mix of long lines and people trying to get around a terrible combination. The crowds from GA that would take up the grassy areas spilled onto the paths as well.

A 2022 meet-up would be great, but I'm honestly toying the idea of seeing what it would cost to attend Montreal now that'll be back on the calendar next year.
The following 3 users liked this post by Rick_TL-S:
00TL-P3.2 (10-26-2021), civicdrivr (10-25-2021), thoiboi (10-25-2021)
Old 10-25-2021, 08:26 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,353 Likes on 4,915 Posts
I'm not justifying it, but I'm sure COTA isn't the only circuit in the world that suffers from a lack of infrastructure. The fact that there were those issues (and this isn't the first time I've heard of them), yet people still go shows promise.

It does need to be addressed though.
Old 10-25-2021, 08:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,210 Likes on 694 Posts
Originally Posted by civicdrivr
I'm not justifying it, but I'm sure COTA isn't the only circuit in the world that suffers from a lack of infrastructure. The fact that there were those issues (and this isn't the first time I've heard of them), yet people still go shows promise.

It does need to be addressed though.
It's just, 2 years ago, Friday was an easy day to attend back then. This year, the Friday crowd was easily a Saturday crowd in the past. Sunday was on a whole other level compared to 2019.

I'm happy this event is a success and means the likelihood of F1 remaining in Austin grows ever-more. I just hope COTA looks into improving areas it can next year. The additional bridge was a solid choice, keep expanding on stuff like that, that makes it easier to get around. Maybe add things that encourage folks to hang around the back half of the track instead of adding another bleacher near T1 that grows the amount of people in an already crowded area.
The following 3 users liked this post by Rick_TL-S:
00TL-P3.2 (10-26-2021), civicdrivr (10-25-2021), thoiboi (10-26-2021)

Quick Reply: Formula One: 2021 Season News and Discussion Thread