FA In/out at Macca??

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007 | 07:47 AM
Senior Moderator

FA In/out at Macca??

whaddya think boyz, is Fred out next year at McLaren or will he stay? Y'know, if he went there thinking he would be clear #1 he should have known better. Look at the titanic battles between Prost/Senna; Hakkinen/Coulthard, etc. I vote
he's OUT.
Old 10-18-2007 | 09:17 AM
How may I help you.....?

I hope he gets dropped on his ass and the only team that will pick him up is Toyota or Spyker....

Or maybe he can go be number 2 behind Barrichello
Old 10-18-2007 | 09:44 AM
F-C
Senior Moderator

He will stay if he wins the championship. If he loses, he will leave.

Originally Posted by jmbnova
Old 10-18-2007 | 10:36 AM
Senior Moderator

just read somewhere (can't remember where) about an hour ago that Mercedes wants FA's ass gone.
Old 10-18-2007 | 11:10 AM
Three Wheelin'

I personally can't see how Alonso can continue at McLaren. From all I've read, relations between him and Ron Dennis are bad beyond bad. No matter how professional you get, there still has to be some respect between employee and boss, and that respect seems to be missing between these two.

That being said, I don't really know where he could end up next year, as there doesn't seem to be a top-tier team on the horizon capable of challenging McLaren and Ferrari on a regular basis.
Old 10-18-2007 | 11:35 AM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by jmbnova
I hope he gets dropped on his ass and the only team that will pick him up is Toyota or Spyker....

Yeah. Let him go drive for Frank Williams for a year. LOL.
Old 10-18-2007 | 08:50 PM
Senior Moderator

I cant see him being with McLaren next year.
Old 10-19-2007 | 01:18 AM
6G TLX-S

Ron Dennis won't want him no more in McLaren, not after Alonso disclosed to FIA about the email exchanges that eventually rob away McLaren's chance of winning the constructor's championship.
Old 10-19-2007 | 04:43 AM
Senior Moderator

^^actually Edward, FA threatened to disclose those emails to the FIA. Ron called his bluff and did it himself BUT ppl don't think Ron knew of those emails until Fred threatened him at Hungary.
Old 10-19-2007 | 01:00 PM
Burning Brakes

The issue is a mystery to me, Ron and Fred hate each other, the team prefers Lewis and the Spanish press along with FA seem to think FA is being hobbled but yet I can still see him staying since Macca and Ferrari seem to be the only title contenders, though chances are by the start of next year that willlikely change.

I think if he loses the title to Lewis, Fred will be gone, if he wins he will likely stay. If he does go and a place is not available at Ferrari then I suspect Flav will find a way to coax him back.
Old 10-19-2007 | 03:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Supposedly, the Thurs. press conference was all shits and giggles between Lew 'n FA

Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton put on an unsettling display of solidarity and sociability ahead of Sunday's Formula One world title showdown.

In the main media conference to preview the Brazilian Grand Prix at Interlagos, the two McLaren rivals acted as if their past few months of feuding had never taken place.

Let us not forget the bitter bust-up after qualifying in Hungary, Hamilton questioning Alonso's loyalty to the team in the wake of the spy scandal, and the Spaniard's accusations of favouritism.

The assembled press corps and photographers, crammed into a small amphitheatre off the media centre, had perhaps expected animosity to bristle between the two.

Instead, Hamilton and Alonso laughed and joked at times, and you had to wonder whether there has been a thawing in relations or it was all an act put on for their audience.

"People have said many, many things about us, but they are untrue. We never have had problems with each other," said Alonso.

"We are obviously fighting on the track, but off the track, we have had a very good relationship from day one, so it's still the same."

As for Hamilton, he added: "I think it's as good as ever.

"I think we've got on quite well all year, despite what the media have said.

"They have always tried to make out there is a big gap between us and they haven't really succeeded.

"We just get on quite well, have got on with our jobs, and we will continue to do that." :gheyfight:

Such sugar-coated comments were surely overdoing the glasnost, but Alonso added: "When you see us together, it's only on a Saturday at the 'Meet the Team' press conference.

"That is just after qualifying when we are very focused on the race, strategy and result, so that is not a very relaxed moment.

"But here on Thursday, I don't see any change compared to the last 10 months."

Hamilton added: "I agree. Like any relationship, after getting to know Fernando over the course of the last year, it has grown.

"I'm sure the respect for each other grows as well I guess. But on a Saturday and Sunday it's a little different because you are in competition."

Their comments did not ring true given the bad atmosphere that has existed between them on many occasions after qualifying sessions and races.

Alonso then went so far as to say he was not comforted by the fact an FIA observer will be in attendance this weekend to ensure there is fair play in the McLaren garage.

That was even more surprising given his comments after qualifying in China when he insinuated the team were favouring Hamilton over him.

Carlos Gracia, president of the Spanish Motor Sport Authority, had also complained to FIA president Max Mosley about the possibility of inequality existing within McLaren.

That prompted Mosley into sending an official for this weekend, yet remarkably Alonso said: "I don't agree with this solution.

"But it's not up to us if they decide to do it. It's okay, but we don't need anything like it.

"I trust the team, despite what happened in China. As I said there, I was disappointed with the qualifying performance.

"I thought it was a strange result, particularly after Q1 and Q2 when I thought I would be close to fighting for pole position.

"But I realised the tyre pressures were a little bit high, and this can happen in any of the qualifyings.

"I just want to think it was a coincidence, a little bit of bad luck, and for this race it should be okay."

It remains to be seen whether such a united front will continue over the weekend
Old 10-19-2007 | 03:41 PM
F-C
Senior Moderator

What's in the water in Sao Paolo???
Old 10-20-2007 | 01:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Chief F1 Fan
^^actually Edward, FA threatened to disclose those emails to the FIA. Ron called his bluff and did it himself BUT ppl don't think Ron knew of those emails until Fred threatened him at Hungary.
Ya, I saw a thing the other day about RDennis didnt know the damning info in De La Rosa's emails with FA and called his bluff,........owned himself.