Money & Investing Learn how to get rich on the housing bubble and the bull market…

Two interesting stocks to watch, and a lesson...

Old 06-10-2004, 06:33 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two interesting stocks to watch, and a lesson...

Hi: Sorry I have been away so long. I was one of the one who asked for this forum to be created. Work has its' priorities.

OK, compare ITW (Illinois Tool Works, I work for them) and GLW, Corning, known in the glass and ceramic industry. Two peas that dont belong in the same pod. Different as night and day. We dally all over the indusreial universe, Corning pretty much restricts itself to glass and meltable minerals (porcelian.)

It's just one example, but check this out: www.msn.com Lower right on the opening screen, there will be a window. Type ITW and GLW (later) and await the results.

Don't sweat the share prices or the volumes of stock. Check the rating! ITW is a nine, and GLW is a ten! ITW is bullettproof at $95 per share, in fact, we are buying our own stock back to increase the value.

I have a friend who bought GLW at a very high price, and as you can see, he should be, and is very disappointed. However, check the growth charts. GLW should grow in profits this year by 70%! 16% is common for my company, but it has happened essentially every year for 14 years.

My disappointed GLW buddy, is thinking about "leverageing down, dumping his poor loosers like SUNW and the like, and decreasing his "cost per share for GLW."

At the same time, I am thinking about investing in GLW to the tune of about $6,000. 500 shares or so.

ALWAYS check 1 and five year charts.

P.S: I took all my money out of ITW common stock and protected it in a money market fund when it hit $83. I was certain it would never go any higher. Figures.