Money & Investing Learn how to get rich on the housing bubble and the bull market…

Did anyone profit from this years volatile stock market

Old 03-02-2009, 02:19 PM
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by afjock21
Hey, if you own a stock that's worth less than what you paid for... Say you own a stock that's worth 50 bucks, and now it's worth 45 bucks, should you sell it then buy it up right away at the lower price? Seeing as you believe in the stock. Or does this not make sense?
Originally Posted by special-ed
You'll still lose money on just the buy/sell transactions alone. I'm sorry, but what you're saying isn't making any sense.....

- You buy 1 share at $50 plus pay commissions on the buy transaction
- Stock drops to $45 on the open market, so you're under $5
- You sell the stock say at $44 since that is how much a potential buyer is willing to pay for it. Now you're under $6 plus transaction fees x2
- Then you're going to buy back in at $44 and pay another transaction fee?

You'd sell it if you think it would go much lower than $45 to cut your losses.
:agreed:

If you have faith in the stock itself, I would hold onto the existing stock and purchase more shares, as that will decrease your overall loses, and HOPEFULLY put you in the green in terms of overall gains.

Me, I transferred money to overseas where they have guaranteed 10% return in 12 months. Only downside is if the bank goes belly up, I'm SOL.

There's a risk in everything, walking, driving, flying, having sex, eating food, etc....