Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

OFFICIAL THREAD-2013 AcuraZine National Meet.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Starcraft II addict

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts
Please give it a day or two to update your payment information and if you PM me/post on thread about t-shirts. Jim has to send me the payment info so I can update the online document and I have to wait till evening to update the payment/t-shirt info.

Yes you can still donate $20 to the event and not be judged. You'll still get a shirt out of the deal unless you specify "no shirt" as the size.. I'll put up the payment info next to your name once I receive it.

Last edited by Buda; 05-02-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:36 PM
Intermediate

Received 57 Likes on 28 Posts
Hey everyone, come HUNGRY on Sunday.... I am finishing the details with Quicks BBQ, he now has a mobile operation and they have been a Kansas City tradition since 1964! We can't do it for free but I thought this was one Awesome Food Truck! He was asking how many might be expected for the event so please get registered for the MEET if you have not done so!!!...... unless you are bringing your own crackers and cheese.

Check this out!

Old 05-02-2013, 08:33 PM
Just drive...

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by mattyloudness
Hey everyone, come HUNGRY on Sunday.... I am finishing the details with Quicks BBQ, he now has a mobile operation and they have been a Kansas City tradition since 1964! We can't do it for free but I thought this was one Awesome Food Truck! He was asking how many might be expected for the event so please get registered for the MEET if you have not done so!!!...... unless you are bringing your own crackers and cheese.

Check this out!

Very nice Jim!!

Something a bit different this year will be a welcomed change I'm sure! I certainly don't mind shelling out a few bucks for a good lunch!
The following users liked this post:
mattyloudness (05-03-2013)
Old 05-02-2013, 11:33 PM
Chapter Leader (Midwest Region)

Received 784 Likes on 558 Posts
We are gonna be in a BBQ coma by weeks end
sauceja (05-03-2013)
Old 05-03-2013, 02:50 AM
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i thght the real bar-b-que spot in kc,mo. was at gates bbq ?? ,thghts usaully where i go whn i came to kc just my $.02 cents
Old 05-03-2013, 06:39 AM

Everyone has their own favorite place, I for one can't stand Gates. I think OK Joes is far superior in every way. With that being said, there are more good BBQ joints than bad ones
Old 05-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Intermediate

Yes BBQ coma is coming....and...your salt intake will be satisfied......I like Gates too...unfortunately they do not have a "Hi may help you?" Truck.....plus Ron Quick (the owner, his Dad started it back in 64') has an Acura in the Family too!
Old 05-03-2013, 12:07 PM

I'm looking VERY forward to trying Quicks, heard a lot of good things
mattyloudness (05-03-2013)
Old 05-03-2013, 12:53 PM
Loving my RL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is Jay Wolfe providing for us as a sponsor? Is it more than just a parking lot? Im thinking, technically, the registered attendees are paying for the iPad mini. Is this correct?
Old 05-03-2013, 02:22 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AgFrost
What is Jay Wolfe providing for us as a sponsor? Is it more than just a parking lot? Im thinking, technically, the registered attendees are paying for the iPad mini. Is this correct?

Ag, if you were not aware, for the past 5 years Jay Wolfe Acura has not only provided Location, Judging, and Food, DJ, and cash prizes...(all at no cost to anyone)...based on the number that said they were coming last year (and then did not show at all) what we were asking for was a small $$ commitment "if you want to be judged" in order to confirm who was coming and help offset the cost of some of the prizes..(for the $20 you receive the MEET T-shirt $10, IPAD mini Raffle entrees, and you will be eligible for cash prizes) ...if you do not want to be judged and be eligible for any prizes then just register and show up - IT'S FREE......we just want to make sure we were going to have a big enough turn out to open the Entire Dealership on a Sunday.

For anyone that has not attended.....you will see some of the NICEST ACURA's in the MIDWEST right here!

Thank You to those that have REGISTERED! You are a dedicated CREW!

Here are some old memories and pics from the 2010 Meet!

I also wanted to let everyone know that our Parts Manager Dan Jonas will offer at least a 15% discount on any parts ordered from any Acurazine Meet Attendees from now until June 9th.

You can email him at djonas@jaywolfe.com (just let him know what you want and that you are attending the Meet)
Old 05-03-2013, 02:46 PM
Loving my RL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No, I was not aware. I have not attended the past meets.
But allow me to confirm, Jay Wolfe Acura "provided" those items via money that members donated, correct? In order to be judged and win prizes, you have to pay. That makes total sense, I have no problem with that at all! My question still stands, what is Jay Wolfe providing? Is it a parking lot and discount on parts sales? From what I understand, judging is done by members and a food truck is providing food that people pay for out of their own pockets. I see no mention of a DJ in Steven's original post, unless he, himself is doing it.
What is the benefit to members of holding this at a private business rather than a public park? I'd hate for you to have to open an "entire dealership" on a Sunday for a few cars.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:30 PM
Desert Life Sucks!!

Received 673 Likes on 500 Posts
A few cars??? They are providing a parking lot. And in return a lot of NICE ACURAS will be showing up. Not the crappy little civics with 3 different rims and mismatched fenders.

A parking lot is good enough for me. 20.00 is a small price to pay to help for the cause. My opinion.

A lot of the azine vendors are pitching in for prizes and such. This will be my first attendance as well and it is a mini vacation from my real world so I could care less.

Hotels, friends (acquantainces with common interests) nice cars, night life, great food.

Sign me up twice. Just don't knock on my hotel room door before 9am.
The following 2 users liked this post by sauceja:
mattyloudness (05-03-2013), RL Chi-town (05-05-2013)
Old 05-03-2013, 10:37 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AgFrost
No, I was not aware. I have not attended the past meets.
But allow me to confirm, Jay Wolfe Acura "provided" those items via money that members donated, correct? In order to be judged and win prizes, you have to pay. That makes total sense, I have no problem with that at all! My question still stands, what is Jay Wolfe providing? Is it a parking lot and discount on parts sales? From what I understand, judging is done by members and a food truck is providing food that people pay for out of their own pockets. I see no mention of a DJ in Steven's original post, unless he, himself is doing it.
What is the benefit to members of holding this at a private business rather than a public park? I'd hate for you to have to open an "entire dealership" on a Sunday for a few cars.
No that is not correct....Jay Wolfe did not collect cash from Acurazine members to pay for Trophy's, food, or cash prizes in past meets....a big thanks to Steve and Buda who always help organize and Jay Wolfe's owner who has a passion for Acura just like Acurazine members!

Now lets get focused on June 9th and get signed up!
RL Chi-town (05-05-2013)
Old 05-04-2013, 09:45 AM
Quarterlife Crisis....

Received 108 Likes on 84 Posts
I have registered. Only competing for Road Warrior. Will be alot further away this time, but I dont want to miss this meet.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:11 AM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Prize update !!!!

Rich at RV6 just donated three $100 gift certificates!
The following 2 users liked this post by Steven Bell:
mattyloudness (05-05-2013), RL Chi-town (05-05-2013)
Old 05-04-2013, 05:03 PM
Baller of Uni

Received 511 Likes on 396 Posts
Hey all! I won't be making it as I move to Nashville the 1st of June and will be working 50+ hours/week immediatly. Sorry
Old 05-04-2013, 06:19 PM
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I don't know many (read: any) of you all, but I'm local to the area (Lenexa) so may have to make it a point to register and stop on by, hopefully meet some new people/see some great cars.
RL Chi-town (05-05-2013)
Old 05-04-2013, 07:21 PM
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Manae
I don't know many (read: any) of you all, but I'm local to the area (Lenexa) so may have to make it a point to register and stop on by, hopefully meet some new people/see some great cars.
Lenexa, I work there M-F off College & Lackman and Steven lives there. What flavor of Acura do you have. Maybe I've seen you around.

Look forward to seeing you at the meet too.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by gr8ness97
I have registered. Only competing for Road Warrior. Will be alot further away this time, but I dont want to miss this meet.
You sir are a freaking trooper!

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Rich at RV6 just donated three $100 gift certificates!
Maybe I can win one

Originally Posted by CLassy02
Hey all! I won't be making it as I move to Nashville the 1st of June and will be working 50+ hours/week immediatly. Sorry
Miss you buddy, sorry you can't make it.

Heck yeah man, swing on by. Also check out the KC thread linked in my sig and check in from time to time. We always meet out that way.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:51 AM
Intermediate

That would be great, love to see some New Acura's! Bring friends or anyone else with a ride, be judged for prizes or just register and show up!

Here are some pics from last years Meet!

current list of registrations
Old 05-05-2013, 12:17 PM
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts
Things are looking up
Old 05-05-2013, 09:35 PM
Chapter Leader (Chicago)

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
Chicago crew Supports this event. And we will be there. We thank Jay Wolfe for there hospitality and lot. Thanks. awesome

Side note:::

On the list you have Salvador Arreola "please pay" he will be attending with us. But not wanting to be judged. He is going for the fun of the drive.

Just wanted to let you guys know.

Last edited by RL Chi-town; 05-05-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:10 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SilverSVT
Lenexa, I work there M-F off College & Lackman and Steven lives there. What flavor of Acura do you have. Maybe I've seen you around.

Look forward to seeing you at the meet too.
I work right at 95th & Lackman and live in the area near there too. I have an 06 TSX in CGP. Stock for now but if i have my way it wont be in a week or two lol. Have some parts collecting dust in my living room. I saw someone posted the event on KCSR too, which is a pretty big KC enthusiast forum. Hopefully that'll help spread the word out.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:22 PM

I work right at 95th & Lackman and live in the area near there too. I have an 06 TSX in CGP. Stock for now but if i have my way it wont be in a week or two lol. Have some parts collecting dust in my living room. I saw someone posted the event on KCSR too, which is a pretty big KC enthusiast forum. Hopefully that'll help spread the word out.
Yeah, I posted that on KCSR, we need to generate more steam for this thing. I don't know where everyone is hiding at.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:26 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Manae, I live at 91st Terrace and Lackman.
RL Chi-town (05-06-2013)
Old 05-06-2013, 12:45 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
Manae, I live at 91st Terrace and Lackman.
Then I may drive past your house everyday because I live on that same street haha. Small small world. Now that you say that I know why there is always 2-3 good looking TLs up the street from me if you live where I think you do. Wow, who'da thunk it lol.

Last edited by Manae; 05-06-2013 at 12:55 AM.
RL Chi-town (05-06-2013)
Old 05-06-2013, 12:20 PM
10th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Buda, Steven, et al.,

Looking forward to it again!

Were you able to set it up so that we could all drive around the racetrack this year? I know you guys were trying to set that up last year, but they decided to change the pavement in the middle of our meet. Boo!

Also, I assume that the judging is still broken up by category, correct? I'd love to defend my title from last year, but I'll be the first to admit that unless there is a specific "unmod" (stock) category I don't stand a snow-flakes chance in hell. Just being honest!

We'll see you in a month!
Old 05-06-2013, 01:51 PM

No track for us this year as it proved to be too costly and honestly not worth it IMO. All the info is on the first post of this thread, there are a couple of links to follow to register for the meet and to sign up for the Fri/sat night activities we have planned. There is a stock category and best detail if your car is unmodified. Sign up ASAP so we can get a good headcount on things.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:28 PM
Starcraft II addict

Registration housekeeping

All, please update your registration with the T-shirt size (or specify "No Shirt" if you aren't getting one. You get a T-shirt if you pay the $20 registration fee or you can pay $10 for one if you aren't getting judged.

As far as updating payment information, I'm waiting on the paypal information to be sent to me so I can update the list.

Originally Posted by CLassy02
Did you already register? If so, change your attending status to no or pm me with your registration info). I didn't see your username in the registration list but not everyone puts it down.

Originally Posted by RL Chi-town
Chicago crew Supports this event. And we will be there. We thank Jay Wolfe for there hospitality and lot. Thanks. awesome

Side note:::

On the list you have Salvador Arreola "please pay" he will be attending with us. But not wanting to be judged. He is going for the fun of the drive.

Just wanted to let you guys know.
He had marked "Yes" for being judged on best wheels which is why it has him paying the fee. I have updated the Best Wheels to "No" and removed the Please pay.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:16 PM
Starcraft II addict

I have updated the payment information for all but 2 payments. I was unable to match those to anyone registered and have emailed the respective people to clarify which registration their payment covers.

Also thanks to the two people that got back to me on the shirt sizes. I hope the rest that I emailed respond or update their registration with the chosen T-shirt size.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the meet!
Old 05-07-2013, 11:19 PM
9th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Too far from here Is anybody planning car meet in CA?
Old 05-08-2013, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Brandon Kim
Too far from here Is anybody planning car meet in CA?
Check out the CA regional section, I'm sure there are some meets planned out there.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:29 PM
GODZILLA & 3G TL

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts
It's on boys & girls! Meet hotel booked & ready to go. Just have to change the oil & align the tires before the 7th...and maybe have something else installed

Looking forward to that epic BBQ again too! Gotta pick up like half a dozen bottles of OK Joe's sauce, that stuff rules!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by HOCKEYMAN23
It's on boys & girls! Meet hotel booked & ready to go. Just have to change the oil & align the tires before the 7th...and maybe have something else installed

Looking forward to that epic BBQ again too! Gotta pick up like half a dozen bottles of OK Joe's sauce, that stuff rules!

You need to get on Will and Digital to sign up and join you.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:50 PM
GODZILLA & 3G TL

Received 72 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by McCollins23

You need to get on Will and Digital to sign up and join you.
Thanks buddy! Looking forward to seeing you & the rest of the crew too. That reminds me...I need to get some pics of the new wheel setup & post em up. They're SICK!

As far as Chris & Will...don't know if they'll make it out. I know Chris was gonna try. I am going to meet up with Jordan00711 to cruise out though.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:34 AM
Mile High

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by HOCKEYMAN23
Thanks buddy! Looking forward to seeing you & the rest of the crew too. That reminds me...I need to get some pics of the new wheel setup & post em up. They're SICK!

As far as Chris & Will...don't know if they'll make it out. I know Chris was gonna try. I am going to meet up with Jordan00711 to cruise out though.

I won't be making it this year unfortunately. Wife to be is graduating college that weekend plus we are moving into our new house that Thursday.

I really wanted to swing it this year, but doesn't look possible. Hope y'all have a great meet (like always). Eat lots of extra BBQ for me! Can't wait to see the pics Hopefully next year
Old 05-09-2013, 09:09 AM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
car meet in ohio anyone?
Old 05-09-2013, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by DigitalEmpire22
I won't be making it this year unfortunately. Wife to be is graduating college that weekend plus we are moving into our new house that Thursday.

I really wanted to swing it this year, but doesn't look possible. Hope y'all have a great meet (like always). Eat lots of extra BBQ for me! Can't wait to see the pics Hopefully next year
Damn man, well you have a busy summer ahead of you. Congrats to the wifey and to you guys on the new house. Hopefully you'll post some pics up in your thread of the house

@Brennan

There is always a few car meets in Ohio in the summer.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:56 PM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Talking

I am all set now with payments and reservation. Looking forward to seeing old faces and meeting new ones. Ready for the cruise.
mattyloudness (05-09-2013)
Old 05-09-2013, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Takata 18
I am all set now with payments and reservation. Looking forward to seeing old faces and meeting new ones. Ready for the cruise.
Make sure you let Travis be the lead car, so he can get all the bugs

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL THREAD-2013 AcuraZine National Meet.