Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Call for Action - Chicago Window Tint Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Call for Action - Chicago Window Tint Ticket

I live in the suburbs (Alsip) and very often go into the city for business and pleasure. A few weeks ago I received 2 tickets. One was for and "obstructed windshield" and the other was for "obstructed sideview". I got the one ticket dropped for the windshield by submitting proof that the tint strip on my windshield is 6" like law says. However the “sideview” one is still not being dropped.
Here is the issue. Chicago regulations say that ANY tint film on the side windows is illegal. Illinois state law states that 35% non-reflective tint is permitted as long as all windows are 35% with a 5% variance being observed. My tint is 35%. Chicago is supposedly using "home rule" to make this law. The problem is that my car is NOT registered in Chicago so why do THEIR laws apply to the equipment on my car that is legal where my car is registered? And on top of this the ticket is $250.

Has anyone else gotten this ticket for LEGAL (35% or more) tint? I want to get a (class action?) suit together. I need a good lawyer and some other people to get this ball rolling. I don’t claim to be a legal expert so my terminology may be off.

My goal is to get this amended or removed.

If you have gotten a ticket for LEGAL window tint in Chicago please email me at Timothy.Hoogland(AT)Gmail.com. Please put “CHICAGO TINT” in the subject line so it goes to my email filter properly. Please provide me with your name, phone number, address (city at the least if you are not comfortable giving out your full address, and relevant info from your ticket (date, time, where it occurred). I am getting a list of people that have also been hit with this so that I can assemble a large case against the city.

TLR, I have tint that is legal in IL but Chicago says NO tint allowed and ticketed me $250 for it. I need help with this.