Mid-Atlantic Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington DC & West Virginia

Rockville Starbucks/214

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 01:26 PM
RIP MxOJuic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
FORD!

:gheywave: ACURA/HONDA!!!!
Old 12-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Im a Maverick!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So is it a fair statement to say no matter the driver there is only one 6mt cls in the 13's
Old 12-09-2008, 01:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cbr169
lol, what diffrence would it make if I drove their cars and they drove mines
must make some kind of difference since this is the 5th time I suggested it and you ignored it or changed the subject. Either way I really dont care, all this isnt that serious to me as it is to most of you.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Im a Maverick!

Originally Posted by babyacura22
FORD!

:gheywave: ACURA/HONDA!!!!

=FORD

:thumbsdow=hONDA
Old 12-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by l's tl

lmao
Old 12-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 194 Likes on 151 Posts
Originally Posted by GOT5.0
We r still the first in the bizz, so kick rocks HNDA

ill let the timeline speak for its self....

1906: Ford becomes the top selling brand in the US, with 8,729 cars produced.

1992: Ford Taurus becomes America's top selling car, displacing the Honda Accord.

1921: Ford production exceeds 1 million cars per year, nearly 10 times more than Chevrolet - the next biggest selling brand.

1998: Lincoln Navigator creates domestic luxury SUV class. Mark VIII is in its final year, introduces HID-headlamps

2001: Retro-styled Ford Thunderbird is introduced, based on the Lincoln LS/Jaguar S-Type DEW98 platform, and is also named Motor Trend Car of the Year for 2002
According to J. D. Power and Associates quality surveys, the Ford Fusion is rated higher in quality than its chief rivals, the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord
2008 Ford is on its oh so glorious knees sucking Congress' dick begging for money like a 2 dollar hoe
went ahead and made that timeline up to date for ya
Old 12-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Advanced

We r still the first in the bizz, so kick rocks HNDA

ill let the timeline speak for its self....

1906: Ford becomes the top selling brand in the US, with 8,729 cars produced.

1992: Ford Taurus becomes America's top selling car, displacing the Honda Accord.

1921: Ford production exceeds 1 million cars per year, nearly 10 times more than Chevrolet - the next biggest selling brand.

1998: Lincoln Navigator creates domestic luxury SUV class. Mark VIII is in its final year, introduces HID-headlamps

2001: Retro-styled Ford Thunderbird is introduced, based on the Lincoln LS/Jaguar S-Type DEW98 platform, and is also named Motor Trend Car of the Year for 2002
According to J. D. Power and Associates quality surveys, the Ford Fusion is rated higher in quality than its chief rivals, the Toyota Camry and Honda Accord
do u really care who made it first, whats important is who makes it better,
Old 12-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Suzuka Master

as well as who is still selling cars and can keep their factories up and running.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:44 PM
Im a Maverick!

Originally Posted by L's TL
went ahead and made that timeline up to date for ya
LMAO....

But that really GM, were just on the bandwagon...
Like i explained earlier its cauze yall plants are better made in that you can switch from building a FIT, to a RL in a single motion. Whereas our plant in Detroit rolls out f150's and Nebraska does FOCUSES. But its all good we aint goin nowhere, I just wanna reep the benefits of jerkin them for a discount...

No back on HONDATAS, still are at #4 in america so Beat IT..........

bUT, i Will give praise to the Hondas @ Imports vs Domestics they came correct this year, I must say that... The rules will be renagotiated to prevent little shitbangers crx's and such from having f14 fighter jet bus turbos to walk down a wheel standing 1.02 60ft muscle car at the end of the track! All good though
Old 12-09-2008, 01:47 PM
Suzuka Master

LMAO....

But that really GM, were just on the bandwagon...
Like i explained earlier its cauze yall plants are better made in that you can switch from building a FIT, to a RL in a single motion. Whereas our plant in Detroit rolls out f150's and Nebraska does FOCUSES. But its all good we aint goin nowhere, I just wanna reep the benefits of jerkin them for a discount...

No back on HONDATAS, still are at #4 in america so Beat IT..........

bUT, i Will give praise to the Hondas @ Imports vs Domestics they came correct this year, I must say that... The rules will be renagotiated to prevent little shitbangers crx's and such from having f14 fighter jet bus turbos to walk down a wheel standing 1.02 60ft muscle car at the end of the track! All good though

Old 12-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Im a Maverick!

do u really care who made it first, whats important is who makes it better,
Yes, it does thats the foundation of the current car..

dO YOU CARE THAT oBAMA IS THE 1ST non-white president does that matter?

And what determines Better??? Some people say fcku a American car. Others would never drive a Import. Detroit says the latter of the 2. Honda still cant compete in the truck market after all these years. Im sorry v6's and high revvin 4's and pullin my 10,000 lb trailer! And what pulled all those hondas to the track a goddamn FORD bishes!

Momz used to only drive Lincolns no probs. That damn Q45 been in the shop more than its share!
Old 12-09-2008, 01:51 PM
RIP MxOJuic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
ACURA/HONDA
Old 12-09-2008, 01:55 PM
Im a Maverick!

In addition:

Isnt it always easier to see something done and then do it better.
Im sorry Im a leader and yall on some followin shit! (lil-kim)
Old 12-09-2008, 01:57 PM
Im a Maverick!

Originally Posted by babyacura22
ACURA/HONDA

Honda=:gheywave::pu ke::gheyhug::ghey:
Old 12-09-2008, 02:02 PM
Im a Maverick!

In addition:

Isnt it always easier to see something done and then do it better.
Im sorry Im a leader and yall on some followin shit! (lil-kim)
Hondas first car 1963 fords in 1908 some 55 years later.

If we waited for the great HONDATA my granma would have been walkin till the 60's......

I thank OLD Henry for pushes us HUMAN into the future
Old 12-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Yes, it does thats the foundation of the current car..

dO YOU CARE THAT oBAMA IS THE 1ST non-white president does that matter?

And what determines Better??? Some people say fcku a American car. Others would never drive a Import. Detroit says the latter of the 2. Honda still cant compete in the truck market after all these years. Im sorry v6's and high revvin 4's and pullin my 10,000 lb trailer! And what pulled all those hondas to the track a goddamn FORD bishes!

Momz used to only drive Lincolns no probs. That damn Q45 been in the shop more than its share!

the Q is in the hsop all the time cause its a Nissan duh!

Detroit is lookin like it may fall off the US map in a few years. They blackin out games and shit. No good.

I agree the Ridgeline is a dumbass truck to have a V6, i fuck with the Tundra & the Titan. See that new NSX tho! The GTR cant
Old 12-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Im a Maverick!

the Q is in the hsop all the time cause its a Nissan duh!

Detroit is lookin like it may fall off the US map in a few years. They blackin out games and shit. No good.

I agree the Ridgeline is a dumbass truck to have a V6, i fuck with the Tundra & the Titan. See that new NSX tho! The GTR cant
I doubt it, America wont let it happen. Somthing gonna change.

And oh yeah watch out for FORDS ecoboost engines...

Tundra=fast as hell but ugly
Titan=fast as hell
f150=look good as hell

I cant vouch for the GTR they aint puttin up crap. And from a youtube hit theey gettin smashed by mild 04 Cobras...

See the SUPERSNAKE and ZR1 vETTTE.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Titan=fast as hell
f150=look good as hell

I cant vouch for the GTR they aint puttin up crap. And from a youtube hit theey gettin smashed by mild 04 Cobras...

Ima pray for em, cause the first model car (the ones where u have to actually build teh engines and cars) I built was a 69 Mustang, after that a 60 Vette Used to take me weeks to build them cars LOL. So at heart I love American cars but I just havent had anything reliable from them except my 91 Mustang. Their newer cars are alot better, but I hope they can get this eco crisis shit together. 15Billion should help out tho.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Im a Maverick!

Ima pray for em, cause the first model car (the ones where u have to actually build teh engines and cars) I built was a 69 Mustang, after that a 60 Vette Used to take me weeks to build them cars LOL. So at heart I love American cars but I just havent had anything reliable from them except my 91 Mustang. Their newer cars are alot better, but I hope they can get this eco crisis shit together. 15Billion should help out tho.
Im not gettin the sense its that bad only because its a numbers game, bankruptcy policies are changed so its more difficult to get out that way. Hence, 2008 everbody needs a bailout the banruptcy.. But I have many friends and family that have been let go by CHRYSLER, but my cuz got a sweet deal she got a 50k severance and a free car up to 25k. My other cousin was a factory worker who just got the Boot and a I am sorry for the incovienience note!

Relaibility I can only vouch for SHO's, all 5.0 models, and trucks. Hence, why a MAXIMA is my daily and FORD is my TOy.
Old 12-09-2008, 02:30 PM
hondaman/hondatacuminsoon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yup when honda unleash the damn v8s the hondatas are gonna be rolling like this at Mcdonalds

YouTube - King Dragon Honda CRX
Old 12-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by CLS6SpeedNupe
must make some kind of difference since this is the 5th time I suggested it and you ignored it or changed the subject. Either way I really dont care, all this isnt that serious to me as it is to most of you.
why I ignored it is because that makes no sence, I'm down do for it, go ahead and line it up I dont back down from racing anybody anytime, I dont think anyone on here think u make any sence, if and when we do switch cars it would be the same outcome
Old 12-09-2008, 02:45 PM
Banned

why I ignored it is because that makes no sence, I'm down do for it, go ahead and line it up I dont back down from racing anybody anytime, I dont think anyone on here think u make any sence, if and when we do switch cars it would be the same outcome
Again I dont really care racing isnt my life, not really serious to me. Just killing time while im at work. I just put money into my car because im the type of person that has to blow my money on something to function...

Last edited by CLS6SpeedNupe; 12-09-2008 at 02:47 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Are you talking about this race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2V_nQxKEak
Old 12-09-2008, 10:06 PM

Titan=fast as hell
f150=look good as hell

what? are u on crack, the tundra crew max wins over a shit 50 any day. quality is so much better

Old 12-09-2008, 10:33 PM
Waits for Shakira in his

im kind of new to maryland just not to long ago moved here but i will try to make it
Old 12-10-2008, 09:09 AM
Suzuka Master

Businessweek "Can Honda defy gravity?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can Honda Keep Defying Gravity? - BusinessWeek

Quote:
In the auto industry, sometimes it pays to avoid the recent fashion. In the late 1990s, when the mantra of auto consultants was that all but the biggest car companies must merge or die, Honda (HMC) remained fiercely independent and flourished....More recently, Honda largely sidestepped the stampede to sell Americans bigger and heavier SUVs and pickups.

Honda's U.S. auto sales through November are down 5.4% to 1.34 million vehicles. That's not good, but it's better than the U.S. Big Three, which have seen sales decline by more than 20%. It's also better than Toyota (TM) and Nissan (NSANY), whose sales have slipped 13.4% and 9.4%, respectively.

Combined with growth in China and other emerging markets, that partly explains why in October Honda assembled 370,000 autos around the world, more than any month in its history. It also explains why among Japan's Big Three automakers Honda appears to be the most optimistic for the months ahead. Indeed, while Toyota and Nissan cut their annual net profit projections by 68% and 52%, respectively, at the end of the last quarter, Honda said its full-year earnings will only be 1% shy of its original target of $5.2 billion.
...more

Old 12-10-2008, 09:26 AM
is in Honda heaven

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im not gettin the sense its that bad only because its a numbers game, bankruptcy policies are changed so its more difficult to get out that way. Hence, 2008 everbody needs a bailout the banruptcy.. But I have many friends and family that have been let go by CHRYSLER, but my cuz got a sweet deal she got a 50k severance and a free car up to 25k. My other cousin was a factory worker who just got the Boot and a I am sorry for the incovienience note!

Relaibility I can only vouch for SHO's, all 5.0 models, and trucks. Hence, why a MAXIMA is my daily and FORD is my TOy.
I'm sorry but you're gonna have to let em slowly die into the night. The SHo's, 5.0 models, and trucks are all good products but a car manufacturer cannot sustain or obtain success based off of 3 products especially when 2 of em arent even made anymore. All of their cars suck right now except the Mustang and truck series but even the trucks are starting to slow down because construction is down as well as other industries that buy em in fleets. Just look at how they're tryin to use all these crazy gimmick, buy a F-250 for full sticker and you get a truck for free. LOL! Then as of recent they're playing radio ads insulting consumers who purchase imports and insulting import auto makers. Talkin bout their cars are rice ready not road ready, we're giving all this money to Japan, dont come crying to me when you lose your job and cant pay for your Japanese car. Just face it these guys are desperate because they didnt change their ways years ago in the direction the economy and social atmosphere was goin.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:19 AM
Im a Maverick!

But, they simply arent going to die. America wont let it happen, do you know what wold happen economic wise if they were to not exists. Lets give KUDOS to Honda for its smart buisness plan... From that article the top 3 chose to go into big azz trucks and other vehicles which were opportunity costs that they chose to bank on. Who knew gas prices and the economic situation would be as such!

Oh well point in history. Bizzness practices will change people will get fired life will move on. And fleet vehicles do provide alot of sales for the 3. State and local Gov, CHEVY,FORD,. Police chevy, ford, chrysler imagine a copcar as a HONDA ACCORD.joke!... Even comcast and local bizznesses by american.

Shit, every rental company hertz owned by ford, enterprise, etc. What do they mostly offer FORD,GM, AND chrysler vehicles.

From all these articles like I said GM and Chrysler are on its knees. NOT FORD, they borrowed money previously because they forcasted a prob of this sort. They are just asking for a line of credit not a bailout. read this article.

Dec. 9 (Bloomberg) -- Ford Motor Co., the second-biggest U.S. automaker, said it won’t seek a short-term bridge loan from the government because it doesn’t face a “near-term liquidity issue.”

“As we told Congress, Ford is in a different position,” the Dearborn, Michigan-based company said in a statement.

The statement affirms Chief Executive Officer Alan Mulally’s testimony last week to House and Senate committees that Ford has enough cash to revamp operations. Mulally said then that Ford wants access to a $9 billion U.S. credit line should industry conditions worsen.

Ford commented as congressional Democrats sent President George W. Bush a draft proposal for a $15 billion short-term rescue to help General Motors Corp. and Chrysler LLC plug a gap of least $14 billion to keep operating through the end of March.
Borrowing $23.4 billion in late 2006, after Mulally became CEO, helped give Ford a bigger cash cushion than GM and Chrysler, even with $24 billion in losses since 2005.

“Ford fully supports an effort to address the near-term liquidity issues of GM and Chrysler,” the company said. “Our industry is highly interdependent and a failure of one of our competitors could affect us all.”

Ford estimates that about 80 percent of its suppliers also perform work for GM and Chrysler, and has said its operations could be disrupted by a financial failure at a competitor.

Mulally said last week Ford expects to break even or generate a profit in 2011. The company also asked Canada’s government for access to a C$2 billion ($1.59 billion) credit line last week.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:32 AM
Im a Maverick!

Good article, but the top 3 lost more in profits than honda has ever acheived in profits..

But gas is back to normal (for who knows how long). So there is no need for 4 every body and there moma to go grab a freakin honda civic ccauze it gets 30mpg. Us americans can now continue to drive and buy our BIG azz 8mpg Expeditions,excursion,hummers,suburbans, vettes, impalas,taurus,crwon vics. and all the other normal cars... No need for SMART CARS, PRIUSES, FITS, and other gay mobiles that I wouldnt buy even at $6/gallon
Old 12-10-2008, 11:43 AM
Im a Maverick!

And I might add that fords european sales are doing quite nicely, and being noted and high quality and reliable.....

What Ford is going to have to do plain and simple is downsize. ie, FORD is the size of a F-650 while Honda come in @ a Pilot. That means they must cut union cost and pention payouts, and do something about all the money that they pay in healthcare cost. In essence run a damn sweat shop like HONDA..

Would you like to work in a HONDA factory?????????///////????
Old 12-10-2008, 11:45 AM
Im a Maverick!

Originally Posted by MD03CL-S

Are you talking about this race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2V_nQxKEak
Yeah that shit was blwin me. But good job they have come a long way..

We should start puttin mustang motor in FESTIVAS and ASpires and even that shit up... I just personally like leavin in the air but to each its own. Im just a RWD fan always have always will.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Im a Maverick!

All this rappin I did defending them, I should forward it to FORD as a thesis, since I was accepted into the LEAD program starting this summer. (google it of oyu dont know what it is.

Then hopefully you all can come buy a FORD from my dealership and maybe ill give you a hookup.lol
Old 12-10-2008, 12:10 PM
Suzuka Master

But, they simply arent going to die. America wont let it happen, do you know what wold happen economic wise if they were to not exists. Lets give KUDOS to Honda for its smart buisness plan... From that article the top 3 chose to go into big azz trucks and other vehicles which were opportunity costs that they chose to bank on. Who knew gas prices and the economic situation would be as such!

Oh well point in history. Bizzness practices will change people will get fired life will move on. And fleet vehicles do provide alot of sales for the 3. State and local Gov, CHEVY,FORD,. Police chevy, ford, chrysler imagine a copcar as a HONDA ACCORD.joke!... Even comcast and local bizznesses by american.

Shit, every rental company hertz owned by ford, enterprise, etc. What do they mostly offer FORD,GM, AND chrysler vehicles.

From all these articles like I said GM and Chrysler are on its knees. NOT FORD, they borrowed money previously because they forcasted a prob of this sort. They are just asking for a line of credit not a bailout. read this article.

Dec. 9 (Bloomberg) -- Ford Motor Co., the second-biggest U.S. automaker, said it won’t seek a short-term bridge loan from the government because it doesn’t face a “near-term liquidity issue.”

“As we told Congress, Ford is in a different position,” the Dearborn, Michigan-based company said in a statement.

The statement affirms Chief Executive Officer Alan Mulally’s testimony last week to House and Senate committees that Ford has enough cash to revamp operations. Mulally said then that Ford wants access to a $9 billion U.S. credit line should industry conditions worsen.

Ford commented as congressional Democrats sent President George W. Bush a draft proposal for a $15 billion short-term rescue to help General Motors Corp. and Chrysler LLC plug a gap of least $14 billion to keep operating through the end of March.
Borrowing $23.4 billion in late 2006, after Mulally became CEO, helped give Ford a bigger cash cushion than GM and Chrysler, even with $24 billion in losses since 2005.

“Ford fully supports an effort to address the near-term liquidity issues of GM and Chrysler,” the company said. “Our industry is highly interdependent and a failure of one of our competitors could affect us all.”

Ford estimates that about 80 percent of its suppliers also perform work for GM and Chrysler, and has said its operations could be disrupted by a financial failure at a competitor.

Mulally said last week Ford expects to break even or generate a profit in 2011. The company also asked Canada’s government for access to a C$2 billion ($1.59 billion) credit line last week.

The only reason American cars get bought in fleets is cause we are in America. Every country that has its own car company does the same thing. In Japan Honda, Toyota, & Nissans are cop cars, rental cars whatever. Same in France for the Puegeot (sp?)

Theres no doubt in my mind that Ford is/was a great car company. But facts are facts. Honda started off small & if Ford was so great they wouldnt have let Honda, Toyota, or Nissan get as large.

Good article, but the top 3 lost more in profits than honda has ever acheived in profits..

But gas is back to normal (for who knows how long). So there is no need for 4 every body and there moma to go grab a freakin honda civic ccauze it gets 30mpg. Us americans can now continue to drive and buy our BIG azz 8mpg Expeditions,excursion,hummers,suburbans, vettes, impalas,taurus,crwon vics. and all the other normal cars... No need for SMART CARS, PRIUSES, FITS, and other gay mobiles that I wouldnt buy even at $6/gallon

Unfortunately I have little faith in the intelligence of the American people and you are right. People will go back to buying those gas guzzling trucks. Even though the Hummer has offcially been canned. Sometimes I really wish I could just go to another planet, cause the amount of idiots on this one is fucking astonishing LOL. DISCLAIMERNot calling you an idiot
Old 12-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Im a Maverick!

To negate the 2nd comment... America is so great that we let the top JAPANESE 3 enter our market. OTHERWISE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A MONOPOLY. (sat word of the day).....lol.......
But I still laugh at idiots riddin in smart cars, hope they dont get the bizznes end of a hummer. FATALITY. not wishing that on anyone though. But seriously I could roll that joint with my own strength...

Enough with the Ford battle.. I want some other people to join in the intellectual convo..

next topic and yo nissan hands better rep! HOW IN THE HELL DID HONDA PASS US TO BE SECOND BEHIND TOYOTA.????? PS, vq IS still rated one of if not the best V6's....

Last edited by GOT5.0; 12-10-2008 at 12:21 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Suzuka Master

To negate the 2nd comment... America is so great that we let the top JAPANESE 3 enter our market. OTHERWISE IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A MONOPOLY. (sat word of the day).....lol.......
But I still laugh at idiots riddin in smart cars, hope they dont get the bizznes end of a hummer. FATALITY. not wishing that on anyone though. But seriously I could roll that joint with my own strength...

Enough with the Ford battle.. I want some other people to join in the intellectual convo..

next topic and yo nissan hands better rep! HOW IN THE HELL DID HONDA PASS US TO BE SECOND BEHIND TOYOTA.????? PS, vq IS still rated one of if not the best V6's....
Sorry bruh but Nissan has lost in that category again. The VQ reigned for almost 15 years. No more. Read below.

Originally Posted by Honda Gettin It!
Ward's Auto has released its annual list of Ten Best Engines for the new year, and our first assessment is that it's just as interesting for what isn't present as for what is. First of all, let's get the official list out of the way:

Audi AG: 2.0L TFSI turbocharged DOHC I-4 (A4 Avant)
BMW AG: 3.0L turbocharged DOHC I-6 (135i Coupe)
BMW AG: 3.0L DOHC I-6 Turbodiesel (335d)
Chrysler LLC: 5.7L Hemi OHV V-8 (Dodge Ram/Challenger R/T)
Ford Motor Co.: 2.5L DOHC I-4 HEV (Escape Hybrid)
General Motors Corp.: 3.6L DOHC V-6 (Cadillac CTS)
Honda Motor Co. Ltd.: 3.5L SOHC V-6 (Accord Coupe)
Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd.: 4.6L DOHC V-8 (Genesis)
Toyota Motor Corp.: 3.5L DOHC V-6 (Lexus IS 350)
Volkswagen AG: 2.0L SOHC I-4 Turbodiesel (Jetta TDI)
Take a good look. Nissan's ubiquitous VQ, which up to this point, was the only engine series that had made Ward's Ten Best ever since the list's inception in 1995, is conspicuously absent. That's a big deal. We also note a couple of turbodiesel engines, one in BMW's favored inline-six configuration and one that powers VW's Jetta TDI. Ford's updated 2.5L hybrid four cylinder is also recognized, rounding out this year's trio of green powerplants. We also note that there's only one American V8 engine, the redesigned HEMI from Chrysler. More snubs? How'd they miss the amazing powerplants that sit under the hoods of the Corvette ZR1 and the Nissan GT-R?
[Source: Ward's Auto]

Quote:
PRESS RELEASE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Gettin It!
Ward's Announces 2009 10 Best Engines Winners

SOUTHFIELD, MI – Amid plummeting vehicle sales, thousands of job losses, an economy officially in recession and pleas for federal assistance, a handful of auto makers have cause to celebrate.

Ward's Automotive Group announces its 2009 10 Best Engines list, which reflects the diversity of powertrains that will play a role in reshaping America's automotive landscape.

Selected by Ward's editors, the 2009 list marks the 15th year for the Ward's 10 Best Engines program, the North American auto industry's only awards honoring powertrain excellence and considered by many to be the "Oscars" for automotive engines.

The winners for 2008 (engine and tested vehicle):

* Audi AG: 2.0L TFSI turbocharged DOHC I-4 (A4 Avant)
* BMW AG: 3.0L turbocharged DOHC I-6 (135i Coupe)
* BMW AG: 3.0L DOHC I-6 Turbodiesel (335d)
* Chrysler LLC: 5.7L Hemi OHV V-8 (Dodge Ram/Challenger R/T)
* Ford Motor Co.: 2.5L DOHC I-4 HEV (Escape Hybrid)
* General Motors Corp.: 3.6L DOHC V-6 (Cadillac CTS)
* Honda Motor Co. Ltd.: 3.5L SOHC V-6 (Accord Coupe)
* Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd.: 4.6L DOHC V-8 (Genesis)
* Toyota Motor Corp.: 3.5L DOHC V-6 (Lexus IS 350)
* Volkswagen AG: 2.0L SOHC I-4 Turbodiesel (Jetta TDI)

Awards to be presented during Detroit auto show in January.

"A decade ago, few consumers in the U.S. paid serious attention to hybrids or diesels. This year, they have to, if they don't want to be pinched the next time fuel hits $4 a gallon," says Tom Murphy, executive editor of Ward's AutoWorld magazine."The diesels from VW and BMW and the Ford Escape Hybrid all got better than 30 mpg (7.8 L/100 km) during our testing, and often they topped 40 mpg (5.8 L/100 km)," he says. "And the diesels meet the strictest emissions regulations in the world. If Americans want to find a vehicle that consumes less fuel and is fun to drive, our list is a great place to start."

Among the winners is Ford Motor Co.'s redesigned 2.5L 4-cyl. hybrid-electric powertrain, which motivated President and CEO Alan Mulally's Escape Hybrid cross/utility vehicle to and from Washington D.C. for federal-aid talks, makes the cut.

During Ward's testing, the front-wheel-drive HEV managed to easily surpass the federal fuel-economy rating of 34/31 city/highway mpg (6.9-7.5 L/100 km).

BMW AG's new 3.0L inline 6-cyl. turbodiesel scores a slot on the list in its first year available in the U.S. Joined by the auto maker's twin-turbocharged and direct-injected gasoline I-6 engine, which returns for the third year, the diesel employs a sequential twin-turbocharger system that provides the 335d sedan with impressive fuel economy and a stunning 425 lb.-ft. (576 Nm) of torque.

Volkswagen AG joins the clean-diesel party this year, as well, with its new 2.0L 4-cyl. turbodiesel powering the Jetta TDI sedan. Fun to drive and frugal at the pump, the TDI is an affordable and entertaining alternative to many larger gasoline and hybrid-electric powertrains.

Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd. appears for the first time on Ward's 10 Best Engines list with its all-new Tau 4.6L DOHC V-8. Introduced in the new Genesis luxury sedan, the engine's velvety power delivery, competitive performance and attainable price epitomize the Korean auto maker's drive for world-class engineering.
Related Stories
Engine Competition Reinforces Downsizing
Ward's 10 Best Engines

Chrysler LLC's venerable 5.7L Hemi V-8 returns to the rankings with added refinement, power and variable-valvetrain and induction technology. Its guttural roar and low-end grunt serves double duty this year in the all-new Dodge Challenger R/T and Ram pickup.

Toyota Motor Corp. scores its fourth consecutive 10 Best Engines win with its Lexus 3.5L DOHC V-6, a brilliant design that employs a unique, combination direct- and port-injection fueling system that helps generate 306 hp and 277 lb.-ft. (376 Nm) of torque.

General Motors Corp. and Honda Motor Co. Ltd. also make return appearances with their high-volume V-6 engines exemplifying practicality balanced with precision engineering.

GM's high-feature 3.6L V-6 with direct-gasoline injection returns for the second time. Tested in the Cadillac CTS, yet flexible enough to proliferate through the auto maker's CUVs, the advanced V-6 makes a hardy 304 hp on regular gasoline.

Honda underscores its longstanding reputation for great engines with the encore performance of its 3.5L SOHC V-6 in the Accord lineup. Merging exceptional performance with reasonable fuel economy, the engine employs advanced cylinder deactivation in the sedan and engaging power delivery in the coupe.

Audi AG's 2.0L TFSI turbocharged 4-cyl., freshly revamped with 211 hp and a mighty 258 lb.-ft. (350 Nm) of torque for the all-new A4, rounds out the list with a fourth-consecutive 10 Best Engines placing as one of the best all-around turbo-4s on the market.

This year, six Ward's editors nominated 32 different engines for the Ward's 10 Best Engines competition. The nominee list consists of the 2008 winners as well as all-new or significantly improved engines.

Over a nearly 2-month period, the editors evaluated and scored each engine against all others in a number of objective and subjective parameters. Each engine must be available in a regular-production U.S.-specification model on sale no later than first-quarter 2009, in a vehicle priced no more than $54,000, a price cap indexed to the average cost of a new vehicle.

The awards will be given at a Jan. 14 ceremony in Detroit during the North American International Auto Show.

Complete stories about the 10 Best Engines will be featured soon on WardsAuto.com and in upcoming issues of Ward's AutoWorld magazine and Ward's Engine & Vehicle Technology Update newsletter.

Ward's 10 Best Engines is a copyright of Penton Media Inc. Commercial references to the program and/or awards are prohibited without prior permission of Ward's Automotive Group.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Also the Sentra cant really compete with Civic. Altima/Maxima is a good comp for the Accord though.
Fuck a all these auto makers though. I need someone to be consistent & come out with a car that can combine luxury , peromance, and aesthetics continuously. Havent seen anyone really be able to do that. Possibly the G and the GS.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:39 PM

but seriously ford and gm been needed a bailout plan. they really started to go into a slump in the early 2000s while honda and toyota been building plants over the past 10 yrs ford and gm been closing plants, shaving metal, and discontiuing models and brands that wasnt doing anything. gm wasnt playing when they said they were gonna shave metal, it looks like they shave plastic too. all the h3 hummers i worked on the plastic moldings would be cracked at the top on both sides and it would be like 10k miles on them. we would have to do a pre-inspection so we wouldny get blamed for it. then the new uplanders hood is like tin-can thin, the shit prob lighter than carbon fiber. we had 1 custumer hood was dented all over the place just from everyday driving. the shit looked like is was bent by wind. then you got the new vetts if you push in the rear bumper the lights push in with it. i dont have too much to say about ford exept the f 150 feels like you bout to get sideways when you go over multiple bumps in the road, damn leaf springs they need to stop that shit, the fucking wheels be bouncing like basketballs.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:41 PM

Also the Sentra cant really compete with Civic. Altima/Maxima is a good comp for the Accord though.
Fuck a all these auto makers though. I need someone to be consistent & come out with a car that can combine luxury , peromance, and aesthetics continuously. Havent seen anyone really be able to do that. Possibly the G and the GS.
the whole thing of lexus can handle that. maybe cts-v for the american side
Old 12-10-2008, 04:46 PM

VQ fo life
Old 12-11-2008, 12:12 AM
Banned

that is not a asian import worked on car, EVRYONE AND THEIR MOMA BEEN IN THAT CAR , I WANT NO CREDIT FOR THAT CAR
I forgot you did 100% of the work on Mitch CLS-6 (Troys Car now) and his car never broke 13s NA either and his had a everything you have on yours and a few more mods than yours right? we all know Mitch is a damn good driver to so thats not the issue.

Quick Reply: Rockville Starbucks/214