Mid-Atlantic Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington DC & West Virginia

Pittsburgh, Youngstown, Cleveland Meet - August 21 - Boardman Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by XxAtTheGatesxX
^You're more than welcome to come. Boardman is very very close to Sharon. The meeting place I put up is pretty much on the way for ya. The more the merrier!
Forsure thanks i appreciate that..and yeah thats the only reason why i became interested because the meeting place you set up is actually where i got off for gas and food...so when u say boardman is very close to sharon..are you meaning its before or after sharon? it took me about 3hrs 15 mins to total to get to there coming from columbus..thats not including the few stops we've made..

i was wondering how many cars total are coming and whats the day of the meet gonna consisted of?

and whoever is gonna be on 71..be careful..major scuffs and scratch on my front wheel due to bad contruction..had the rims for about 1-1/2 years and not a scratch on them till last weekends trip
Old 08-16-2010, 11:54 AM
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm not too worried about 71... Stock rims and 4x4 status = ftw over junk roads.

As for how many cars, there's a list on page 1, IIRC, that shows everyone that's coming and those that are maybe's. Should be in the 8-10 car range, IIRC.

Day plans are kinda up in the air still I think. I have a feeling we're going to be wanting food since we're meeting at 1pm, but after that, I have no idea.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:01 PM
Guitarded

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, usually we meet somewhere centralized, snap a few pictures, eat some food, cruise on over to a park and try to take some better pictures.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:24 PM
Advanced

Sounds great man!....i know for a fact i have nothing to do on the 21st..acept one thing..my aunt who is leaving to thailand on the 22nd, and my parents are doing a huge going away party for her on the day of the meet, im afraid they are gonna need me to host and be the run around boy....

and depending on the weather here in columbus..if it rains here before my departure to the meet. exclude me out..

but overall sounds great..i need to throw some continuous miles on the car before the snow gets here before my eyes!
Old 08-16-2010, 12:31 PM
Drifting

If the temperatures stay like they have been, it won't snow till around March of next year... So you should have plenty of time to drive the Acura
Old 08-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Advanced

hahaha definitley i feel you on that..the tl is "suppose" to be my weekend car and my accord is suppose to be my daily..but every since i got new wheels and suspension t-ella's been my daily.. funny how that works right? lol

anyways..so are we guaranteed some professional pics? rolling shots etc? ive had my car for a few years and have yet to get some jaw dropping tuner magazine quality photos...
Old 08-16-2010, 02:57 PM
Drifting

I dunno about professional, but my buddy does photography on the side (senior/family pics and stuff like that) and has some fancy ass camera that he's bringing with him to the meet. He's pretty good with that thing, so he should be able to take care of you.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Advanced

Sounds damn good to me...i cant complain i have no pics of my car besides some cell phone and a few digital camera photos... good to know! that just makes me a lil more sure about meetin up with you Ohioans....

question: i have a girlfriend who i know will go with me..but i kinda have a feelin she will be kinda bored and we will probably end up fighting/arguing etc..but...

i have a few female friends that i know would love to go on a road trip. love cars and will make the experience as best as it could probably be..but one problem my gf and my friends that are girls dont get along..hhmmm dilemma...any advice or suggestions? =p

my gf would kill me if she knew i went to the meet with my female buddies..and the cool thing is my female buddies have an understanding & swear to keep their lips shut..idk lord help me!
Old 08-16-2010, 03:07 PM
Guitarded

Well I dunno about professional. Rolling shots for sure if you meet us in Norton. I will be trying to take some.

Here's a few pics of years past when we've met up.

Looks like I never uploaded any pictures of last year's. Probably because I don't wanna remind a certain someone about what happened to their axle.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:01 PM
Drifting

Looks like I never uploaded any pictures of last year's. Probably because I don't wanna remind a certain someone about what happened to their axle.
We're going to have to get another one like this one... Except Mitch on one end, Chris in the middle, then me on the other end. Go from lowest to highest and 2 sets of projos right next to each other

And yeah, that sucked what happened to Chris' axle...
Old 08-16-2010, 06:01 PM
Guitarded

Ah i see how it is, no love for the second gen eh?! Whatever
Old 08-16-2010, 06:39 PM
Drifting

Sorry, Tyler, you don't have a black 1st gen anymore... If you brought that car, we could have 4 cars lined up...
Old 08-16-2010, 08:46 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,462 Likes on 3,056 Posts
Eddie, let us know if you can come up or not. We are meeting up at a mall, doing a cruise and going to a park or 2, then we'll probably grab some food and drinks and whatever anyone else wants to do. It would be great if you can make it, we're expecting 10-12 cars
Old 08-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Oh, and I've had plenty of reminders of last year's meet Tyler, I'm still pissed you and Mat never gave me any pics. But for anyone who wasn't there, hoping to not have a repeat of last year's meet.

We went from this

To this
Old 08-16-2010, 09:35 PM
CL in lawnmower status

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Alright gentlemen, here's the address we'll be meeting up at in Norton.

3725 Cleveland Massillon Rd
Barberton, OH 44203-5614

It's right off 224/76. After you get off the exit, the parking lot will be immediately on the left after BP. I should be there around 12. Hopefully the lot isn't too crowded either.
Perfect, added it into my GPS.
let Matt know if anything changes he's got my number, i'm leaving tmrw so i might not have internet access till the meet
also i guess i should be able to find some sort of carwash either in Norton or Boardman, i suspect my 20 hours+ of highway driving will accumulate some bugs on my car

Originally Posted by Eddie&T-ella
Sounds damn good to me...i cant complain i have no pics of my car besides some cell phone and a few digital camera photos... good to know! that just makes me a lil more sure about meetin up with you Ohioans....

question: i have a girlfriend who i know will go with me..but i kinda have a feelin she will be kinda bored and we will probably end up fighting/arguing etc..but...

i have a few female friends that i know would love to go on a road trip. love cars and will make the experience as best as it could probably be..but one problem my gf and my friends that are girls dont get along..hhmmm dilemma...any advice or suggestions? =p

my gf would kill me if she knew i went to the meet with my female buddies..and the cool thing is my female buddies have an understanding & swear to keep their lips shut..idk lord help me!
not only Ohio people coming, also one Canadian
and yes you should bring the females, sounds like you'd have a shitty time with the gf anyways
hope you can make it, the more the better
Old 08-16-2010, 10:16 PM
Guitarded

There's a BP right next to where we're meeting with a car wash there. I wouldn't use that one though, it'll probably scratch up your car. There's a spray n wash super close that we can go to if you'd like. Feel free to call me/text me if you have any questions. Matt has my number too.

Oh and Chris, the reason you didn't get any pictures from me is because my ISO was way to high on my camera so all of them look like crap haha.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:35 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by mitch14
Perfect, added it into my GPS.
let Matt know if anything changes he's got my number, i'm leaving tmrw so i might not have internet access till the meet
also i guess i should be able to find some sort of carwash either in Norton or Boardman, i suspect my 20 hours+ of highway driving will accumulate some bugs on my car

not only Ohio people coming, also one Canadian
and yes you should bring the females, sounds like you'd have a shitty time with the gf anyways
hope you can make it, the more the better
Yeah, Mitch, I've got your number, although texting seems to be spotty at best.

And I agree with Mitch. Bring the lady friends. Girls + cars = win
Old 08-17-2010, 09:25 AM
Advanced

I'm Pretty sure im up for this meet..ive told my gf about it and shes heading to put-in bay in ohio w/ coworkers <--thank you jesus....and now i have one problem if i invite my friends..they might not wanna drive instead ride with me..but more than 1 passenger in the tl is a NO no NO...ruba dub dub. expecially traveling also...YIKES!....oh btw i asked my parents if they want me there at my aunts party and they said NO..my parents hardly drink but im thinking they wanna get shit faced this weekend! =p

Worst case cenerio i come by myself..so i have way more freedom, and by that i mean no babysitting having to deal attention craving females. with controlling disorder. hate when im told i cant drink or smoke(ciggs) when i want to..lol

Thanks for mentioning the car wash etc. that was gonna be my other question......Well 4 more days my fellow acuraziners i hope im not the only tl there dont wanna feel left out, by the pictures it looks like its gonna be a CL dominated meet.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:32 AM
Advanced

Old 08-17-2010, 09:35 AM
Guitarded

You're TL is damn nice you better come! haha.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:42 AM
Advanced

Thanks man i plan on it! i really dont have an excuse now...aside from the weather on my departure date...but a day or two b4 the meet yall should give me ur numbers and vice versa so i can make sure the meeting location etc doesnt change..or if im held up in traffic etc i would like to inform yall.!
Old 08-17-2010, 09:48 AM
Drifting

That's a sick TL. I'd also like to see it at the meet. And I'm sure my CL will be the most stock car there
Old 08-17-2010, 09:52 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by mattastick
That's a sick TL. I'd also like to see it at the meet. And I'm sure my CL will be the most stock car there
Thanks man i appreciate it...and believe me i know how exactly how you feel, thats why i worked my ass off to make it where its at..like i said im pretty confident ill be at the meet. hope its not to sunny or else imma have to buy me a pair of sunglasses like this guy----->
Old 08-17-2010, 12:06 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

I can't pm you my number yet, keep posting, i think once you get to 15 your pm's will come on.

Definitely hope you can make it up
Old 08-17-2010, 01:09 PM
Advanced

Not only i need to reach 5 post i need to reach 15 days also..and i just registered literally a few days ago.lol so i got a couple days to go.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Unfortunately I'll be unable to make it. I forgot that I have one of the TO guys coming down....we're doing a body kit on his 3G TL......
Old 08-18-2010, 12:06 AM
Death to Fresh

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
wooo. im hoping my good still arrive by saturday before i leave. if not i guess ill just lower my car more......i like that idea.
Old 08-19-2010, 07:48 AM
Drifting

Only a couple more days to get ready for this one guys. Who's ready? And who's like me, and going to have a late night on Friday?
Old 08-19-2010, 08:11 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

I'm going to have a late night tonight, and LONG day tomorrow. Took off work to finish my work and detail the car, I don't think I'll have time to wire up my highs amp, but the rest of the car should be done up
Old 08-19-2010, 08:19 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
I'm going to have a late night tonight, and LONG day tomorrow. Took off work to finish my work and detail the car, I don't think I'll have time to wire up my highs amp, but the rest of the car should be done up
How long does it take to wire up a highs amp? Come on now Chris... And besides, how am I going to tweak an amp that's not hooked up?
Old 08-19-2010, 09:06 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

You beat me into submission via text message, I will try to have it done for you bud
Old 08-19-2010, 09:29 AM
Advanced

I've been countin down also guys!...i got a question..does anyone know how to blackout headlights on a 04tl? mines to be specific..i have an idea but not to intelligent on the project...help would be greatly appreciated!.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:42 AM
Drifting

You beat me into submission via text message, I will try to have it done for you bud
And I can't have an incomplete audio system at this meet. Between you and Mitch, you guys are the reason I even agreed to the subwoofer trade deal where I got screwed...

I've been countin down also guys!...i got a question..does anyone know how to blackout headlights on a 04tl? mines to be specific..i have an idea but not to intelligent on the project...help would be greatly appreciated!.
Both Chris (97BlackAckCL) and I have pretty custom headlights. We should be able to help you out...
Old 08-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Guitarded

I have nothing to do besides detail the car again, but I'll do that Saturday morning haha.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:16 AM
Advanced

Lucky for u XxAtTheGatesxX if i wanted to detail my car saturday morning i would have to do it at like 7am..lol..ill just settle for a nice wash..and another wash once i get to the meet spot.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:59 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by mattastick
And I can't have an incomplete audio system at this meet. Between you and Mitch, you guys are the reason I even agreed to the subwoofer trade deal where I got screwed...
Me? I had nothing to do with your parting out the car or audio

I have nothing to do besides detail the car again, but I'll do that Saturday morning haha.
must be nice, I need 4 days to do what I'm trying to accomplish in 1.5, I refuse to be detailing the morning of the meet like I was last year

Hope you still make it out, I'm sure Matt and I can give you some pointers for sure.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:27 PM
Drifting

Lucky for u XxAtTheGatesxX if i wanted to detail my car saturday morning i would have to do it at like 7am..lol..ill just settle for a nice wash..and another wash once i get to the meet spot.
Detailing at 7am? I'll be getting ready to pull out at 7am, if not on the road already...

Me? I had nothing to do with your parting out the car or audio

Hope you still make it out, I'm sure Matt and I can give you some pointers for sure.
No, the deal for these 8's. You guys and this meet are the reason I got the 8's. I was holding my price on my 10s firm, but between the coils and the sub size, they just wouldn't work for a little setup to show you guys about some of the "off-brand" companies. So I traded them for the 8s to get something I could put in there to show you guys, and I had to get screwed in order to get them. They're shipped price was below what I was asking for my 10s without shipping cost, if that gives you any idea. But yeah, now I'm finding out from some 3rd parties that these subs may not hold up. I'll be pissed as hell if that's the case, but I'm still going to put them through their paces on the way up there.

And yeah, I'm sure between the 2 of us we can come up with something for his headlights. Or Chris can help you with your headlights while I'm working on his stereo.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:47 PM
Advanced

yeah because i wont be leaving till 9-930am..the meet spot is about 1hr 50mins-2hrs from my house..the meet is around 12-1 correct?
Old 08-19-2010, 12:53 PM
Drifting

Meet in Boardman at 1pm. Meet in Akron at noon, if you're doing that.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:16 PM
Advanced

ok my understading is meeting at...

3725 Cleveland Massillon Rd
Barberton, OH 44203-5614

...at 12pm and then we do the cruise to boardman correct?

Quick Reply: Pittsburgh, Youngstown, Cleveland Meet - August 21 - Boardman Ohio