Location (State/Prov):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits (you may select multiples):

Location (State/Prov/Terr):

Item Condition:

SOLD: Immaculate 2007 Acura TL Type S 6mt MRP/Ebony 16,000 miles!!! ★Plainfield, IL★

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 04:39 PM
Safety Car

Received 946 Likes on 650 Posts
Immaculate 2007 Acura TL Type S 6mt MRP/Ebony 16,000 miles!!! ★Plainfield, IL★

Year: 2007
Make: Acura
Model: TL
Price: $25000
Mileage: 16000
Color: Moroccan Red Pearl
Location (State/Prov): IL

1. Price: $25,000
2. Mileage: 16,000
3. Color, Transmission-auto or manual, Navi: MRP, Ebony/silver, 6mt, navi
4. Reason for selling: Purchased new vehicle, dont drive this one.
5. Location: Plainfield, IL
6. Pictures: See below
7. Are you the first owner? If not, how many owners were there (to the best of your knowledge)? 3rd. First owner was Honda Corporate in CT. Vehicle was never sold to the public until a Honda Corporate employee purchased it then sold it to me.
8a. Title is clean/clear/rebuilt/salvage/if other, explain further (select one): Clean
8b. Do you have title in hand or it is being held by a lienholder: Held by Pentagon Federal Credit Union. Can have title very quickly after payoff.
9. VIN (would be nice to have but I can understand that some people do not want to publicly post this): Available
10. Modifications: See below
11. Service record: In hand
12. If leased, provide details, such as length of lease, payoff amount, etc.

This was an extremely hard decision for me to come to, but I have decided to consolidate my multiple vehicles into one. I just purchased a new vehicle yesterday and now the Type S is for sale. I honestly didn't think I would ever do this, but because of the fact that im just too damn anal with this thing (practically don't even want to drive it), and its useless with my growing family as I refuse to put a child seat in it or drive it in anything but sunny days. So with all said my baby is for sale.
2007 Acura TL Type S HPT 6mt 16,000 original miles. Color is Moroccan Red Pearl with Ebony interior. That color, along with the 6mt tranny and miles means there is NOT another one like it...period!

The Type S obviously needs nothing. I replaced the original Bridgestone Potenza tires last summer not because they were worn, but because of the age. It now has like new Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 tires. I replaced the battery with OEM last summer as well. I just did the oil last week using Mobile 1 synthetic 5w20 with Acura filter. The vehicle is 100% stock with the exception of professionally tinted windows 35% all around and Dallas Custom Wheels steering wheel and center console lid (see pics). The car also has XPEL Ultimate clear bra installed in ALL chip prone areas. Full front bumper, half the hood and fenders, mirrors, lower section of doors, and up the front of the rear quarter panels. Everything is included such as all original booklets, window sticker, original leather folder is still in wrapper. OEM all weather mats and trunk tray included.
This is the kind of vehicle that you can buy site unseen, fly in, drive home and be 150% satisfied. I want this vehicle to go to someone who will appreciate it and take care of it the same way I do.
Price is $25,000, there will likely never be another for sale like it.

If interested please call or text at 847-769-7307 and I will get right back to you. I can also be e-mailed at jamespowles@yahoo.com

Old 04-08-2015, 04:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 850 Likes on 673 Posts
Sad to see this one go, the car is in pristine shape. What did you replace it with?
Old 04-09-2015, 12:00 PM
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 96 Posts
Cant believe you are selling it! Good seller guys, bought A-spec wheels off him and it was a great transaction!! GLWS!!
Old 04-09-2015, 06:39 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by rossv1
Sad to see this one go, the car is in pristine shape. What did you replace it with?
Yeah me to. Replaced with a new 2014 Grand Cherokee Summit. Obviously the Type S is for sale, and I also had a older '04 Grand Cherokee Overland which was my daily driver and I sold that in literally one day. Listed it at 9am yesterday, sold at 6:30pm lol.

Originally Posted by eastcoastguy
Cant believe you are selling it! Good seller guys, bought A-spec wheels off him and it was a great transaction!! GLWS!!
I cant believe it either! Its going to be pretty unsettling to see it go away. Its just a car though, just a car. I just don't use it though. It sits and does nothing. I drive it to work every now and then and thats it lol. Atleast this new Summit I can enjoy and use all the time rain or shine.

Thanks guys!
Old 04-09-2015, 06:53 PM
Stay Out Of the Left Lane

Received 1,237 Likes on 1,024 Posts
Wow! Hard to believe you are letting her go, but I understand your reasoning. GLWS!!
Old 04-09-2015, 07:53 PM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I know many people with Jeep Grand Cherokees that hate them and have traded them with less than 10k. I wish you all The best with the Jeep and hope you don't regret letting a far superior car go. If I was cash ready I'd have a 2nd one in my garage!
Old 04-09-2015, 08:14 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by millafied
I know many people with Jeep Grand Cherokees that hate them and have traded them with less than 10k. I wish you all The best with the Jeep and hope you don't regret letting a far superior car go. If I was cash ready I'd have a 2nd one in my garage!
Mmmk thanks? I guess. Just an FYI I have had more Jeeps than TL's and they have all been solid vehicles. I had a 2012 Overland that was also excellent. As far as my Acura being far superior, I simply do not agree with that. Yes the Acura is excellent there is no doubting that, but let's face it, the car is 9 years old and a lot has changed since then.
Old 04-12-2015, 12:28 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I am utterly dumbfounded, stupefied, shocked, and amazed that this car has a FS thread attached to it. I had to do a double take and read all of the way through to make sure. I remember when this car was listed on CL and all of the naysayers said that it was too good to be true. Seeing it 12,000 miles later and in the exact pristine condition as when it was purchased makes me hope it finds another owner who will treat it just as well. Good luck to you JTS..
Old 04-12-2015, 07:34 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by JTYankFan
I am utterly dumbfounded, stupefied, shocked, and amazed that this car has a FS thread attached to it. I had to do a double take and read all of the way through to make sure. I remember when this car was listed on CL and all of the naysayers said that it was too good to be true. Seeing it 12,000 miles later and in the exact pristine condition as when it was purchased makes me hope it finds another owner who will treat it just as well. Good luck to you JTS..
Thanks very much for the kind words and I feel the same way. I almost wouldn't have it in me to sell unless I knew for a fact that the car would be kept pristine. I got a call from a guy today that was very interested and he kept telling me how clean he is gonna make it. I said, "the car is immaculately clean and detailed in my garage right now like it always is" and that he wont have to do anything. He replies by saying "no with mods im talking about". He then texted me a couple pictures of a Type S he had a couple years ago and my heart skipped a beat or two. Stickers everywhere, crazy red pin striping down the side and I kid you not outlining the door handles. OEM TL and Type S badges around each side marker light...yes you read that right badges over and under all four marker lights. Cheesy LED strip lighting in the honey comb lower grill area. I understand everyone has their own opinion and its their car to do what they want to....just wont be doing that to my car thats for sure :-)

Last edited by JTS97Z28; 04-12-2015 at 07:37 PM.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:47 AM
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Old 04-14-2015, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28
.....just wont be doing that to my car thats for sure :-)
James are you saying you wouldn't sell your car to this buyer because of what they had done to prior cars or are you saying you would never do that to your car? I would be in 100% agreement that this would never happen to my car, but if someone wanted to buy my car, as much as I love and appreciate my car, it wouldn't prevent me from taking someone else money and letting them "customize it" the way they wanted to after the check cleared.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:54 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by NBP04TL4ME
James are you saying you wouldn't sell your car to this buyer because of what they had done to prior cars or are you saying you would never do that to your car? I would be in 100% agreement that this would never happen to my car, but if someone wanted to buy my car, as much as I love and appreciate my car, it wouldn't prevent me from taking someone else money and letting them "customize it" the way they wanted to after the check cleared.
Im sort of saying that I guess I don't know lol. I mean in the end money is money you are right, and its just a car afterall, but I would feel really bad for the car (as if it had feelings or something), because I know it would be downhill from that point on and there just aren't many left in mint original condition. So yes I would probably do it, but I would slightly sick to the stomach through the entire process. if the car went to someone that I know was going to baby it and not do what are IMO ridiculous mods to it, then it would be much easier. Thats all im saying

Last edited by JTS97Z28; 04-14-2015 at 08:57 PM.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:24 AM
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
saw your ad on craigslist, so I immediately came here lol GLWS!
Old 04-15-2015, 06:40 AM

Im sort of saying that I guess I don't know lol. I mean in the end money is money you are right, and its just a car afterall, but I would feel really bad for the car (as if it had feelings or something), because I know it would be downhill from that point on and there just aren't many left in mint original condition. So yes I would probably do it, but I would slightly sick to the stomach through the entire process. if the car went to someone that I know was going to baby it and not do what are IMO ridiculous mods to it, then it would be much easier. Thats all im saying
I hear you. You just have to keep in mind that the number of people out there that are willing or capable of keeping and appreciating the car in the same way you have is going to be very limited. Further that by the limited number of folks who are willing to pay that kind of $$ for an 8 year old car narrows that even further. Beginning to believe you might have ulterior motives....
GLWS or maybe not??? Just busting on you..........
Old 04-16-2015, 07:46 PM
Safety Car

Received 133 Likes on 129 Posts
Sweet
6-speed
Old 04-16-2015, 10:15 PM
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Wow I would so sell my AT KBP to have this - now to convince my bank to let me buy it without having sold the other one first... Hmm...
Old 04-17-2015, 08:11 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by mattpete
Wow I would so sell my AT KBP to have this - now to convince my bank to let me buy it without having sold the other one first... Hmm...
Go with one of the online credit unionslike Pentagon Federal. Great rates and customer service!! Id love to sell this car to someone from the forums!
Old 04-19-2015, 12:13 AM
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts
James thanks again for the lights they're phenomenal. Wish I had the cash i would jump all over this. Glws bro. I hope it goes to a great home. This is a rare find indeed
Old 04-19-2015, 08:16 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 314_04TL
James thanks again for the lights they're phenomenal. Wish I had the cash i would jump all over this. Glws bro. I hope it goes to a great home. This is a rare find indeed
No problem, glad you received everything and are happy with them. I love the V3's, nothing compares to them.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:41 AM
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
opening a restaurant right now so free time is non existent until mid May - if this thing is still available then I will work with my CU to purchase it - oh and my wife haha - thanks James
Old 04-20-2015, 10:09 AM
06 Anthracite TL

Received 333 Likes on 257 Posts
Wow...that is a unicorn if there ever was one. If I was in the market for a new replacement for my 06, I'd buy that in a heartbeat (and I wouldn't mod it either).
Old 04-21-2015, 11:27 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks very much for the kind words and I feel the same way. I almost wouldn't have it in me to sell unless I knew for a fact that the car would be kept pristine. I got a call from a guy today that was very interested and he kept telling me how clean he is gonna make it. I said, "the car is immaculately clean and detailed in my garage right now like it always is" and that he wont have to do anything. He replies by saying "no with mods im talking about". He then texted me a couple pictures of a Type S he had a couple years ago and my heart skipped a beat or two. Stickers everywhere, crazy red pin striping down the side and I kid you not outlining the door handles. OEM TL and Type S badges around each side marker light...yes you read that right badges over and under all four marker lights. Cheesy LED strip lighting in the honey comb lower grill area. I understand everyone has their own opinion and its their car to do what they want to....just wont be doing that to my car thats for sure :-)
HAHA! Sounds pretty ghetto lol. I can't stand stickers on cars in the first place, especially on the paint, and especially pin stripes. Sounds like a pretty douchy ride to me.

I have seen your car for sale out on cars.com, been hunting for a Type S myself lately to replace my 05 Base. If this car was white or blue I would definitely be interested - especially knowing that it sounds like you're just as anal as I am with keeping the car immaculately detailed and pristine. It's in great shape, been well taken care of and has low miles. I'm sure it will sell. Best of luck man.
Old 04-22-2015, 12:12 PM
Pro

Received 137 Likes on 91 Posts
My RRP 06 TL just got totaled in a wreck last week. I'd be all over this, but its out of my price range (not that its a bad price). GLWS.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:52 PM
Safety Car

Price is negotiable some so if anyone has a reasonable offer let's here it.
Old 04-25-2015, 12:20 AM
Type-S

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I guess the issue that most potential buyers are running into is being able to get a loan on a car that is 7+ yrs old for that amount.

IMO...It would be easier to sell this car to someone who has CASH.
Old 04-25-2015, 12:40 AM
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts
Wow! Your TL is perfect! I like the MRP color, it reminds me of my EK Hatchback that I had. I always liked red cars especially when they're detailed to perfection! The reflection is awesome! If I had the money, I would sell my TL and pounce on that Type S, especially since you're only about 6 hours away from me, give or take. GLWS!!
Old 04-25-2015, 08:46 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by ignition_key
I guess the issue that most potential buyers are running into is being able to get a loan on a car that is 7+ yrs old for that amount.

Yes this is true, but getting a loan in general for it isn't the problem. That's easy for most good credit buyers. I'm getting a good amount of interest on the car, but I'm surprised at the amount of people that are trying to finance 100% of the car and that's where things get tricky because of the age and price. Getting a loan with money down wouldn't be hard at all, but apparently a lot of people want to finance it all. It just takes the right buyer.
Old 04-25-2015, 02:05 PM
Jeff

Received 815 Likes on 726 Posts
wow! are my eyes playing tricks on me lol.... if I wasn't a student right now id fly down there right now and buy this on the spot! I don't graduate for another year and a half

btw, is that a spec of dirt I see on it?? LOL jk... Good luck man , I'm surprised it has lasted this long to be honest.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by ignition_key

When wouldn't it be easier to sell a car to someone who has cash???
Old 04-30-2015, 03:51 PM
Safety Car

SOLD! Mods please delete or mark as sold.
Old 04-30-2015, 06:31 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beautiful car, hope she went to a good home!