Location (State/Prov):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits (you may select multiples):

Location (State/Prov/Terr):

Item Condition:

CLOSED: F/S 2001 CL-P black/black EXCELLENT cond! North Hollywood, CA NEW PRICE $5900

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 02:20 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F/S 2001 CL-P black/black EXCELLENT cond! North Hollywood, CA NEW PRICE $5900

THE CONDENSED FACTS:

1. Price: 7,000.00
2. Mileage: 135903
3. Color, Nighthawk Black Pearl Transmission-auto Navi? No, well, not the mfgr Navi, but I am throwing in the aftermarket Navi I bought for it that fits perfectly in the tray in the dash!
4. Reason for selling: To buy a bigger car (specifically, a 68 Caddy!) I am 6'6" tall, and its taking its toll on my back to scrunch down to drive the Acura anymore. (Too bad they didn't make the CL avail without the moonroof)
I LOVE this car, but I cannot sit up straight to drive it.
5. Location: North Hollywood, CA (Los Angeles)
6. Pictures: Yes
7. Are you the first owner? 2nd owner
8. Title information: clean title in hand (paid cash)
9. VIN (would be nice to have but I can understand that some people do not want to publicly post this): avail upon request from a serious buyer
10. Modifications: aftermarket wheels only (and the original wheels, with brand new tires go with it too) no other mods. Completely stock.
11. Service record: Some records ( I actually haven't had to do much to it)
12. If leased, provide details, such as length of lease, payoff amount, etc. Free and clear title, paid cash.

2001 Acura CL-P
Black/Black
Auto trans (the original one with NO issues)
130k miles (mostly highway)
EXCELLENT condition
Clean CarFax, clear title, no accidents, no issues.
Car runs strong and fast, shifts perfectly, not a single leak or drip.
All books, keys, and the radio card.
EVERYTHING works!
Southern California car since new, I'm the 2nd owner. I've had it about 2 years now.

I worked at a local So Cal Acura dealer as a sales manager. The original owner came in with the car to trade it in on a new MDX. I did the deal, and when I saw the car I just fell in love with it. We took it in on trade, and I had the service department check it out thoroughly, not just smog and safety, but the works! They knew the car, because the customer had bought it new there and did all the servicing there. They checked it out, told me it was in EXCELLENT shape, no issues whatsoever, even the timing belt had been changed. I was one of the lucky ones, the transmission is perfect! They put 4 new Goodyear tires on it, and had the guys recon the alloy wheels to new condition, and then I exercised my employee option of buying the car at 500.00 over our cost.

It has been the best car I have ever owned, and I'm 48, I've had PLENTY of cars, including BMWs and Mercedes!

The only out-of-pocket expenses I have incurred since owning it are:
New front and rear brakes this last February.
New windshield (thanks to the hwy 101 fwy construction!).
Reg maint and oil changes.
New battery.
New wheels and tires (17" AGS///Racing double-spoke with new Raptor tires)
I went with these because they look "cool", not "racey" and I wanted 17's so I could still have a bigger bias tire for the "cush" ride", and to keep the speedo calibrated. The car handles great, and still sucks up the bumps and potholes (unfortunately a fact of life here in L.A.) without jarring. The original Acura alloy wheels and new tires come with the car.
I also went to GoodGuys and bought one of those portable, touch-screen GPS/Navigation units for the car. It fits perfectly in the slide-out tray that sits just above the in-dash CD changer! That goes with the car too...its perfect for it!

The car looks great inside and out....no dents, just a few of the typical, parking lot dings and slight scratches, scuffs, and little rock chip stuff on the front. Just the usual daily wear and tear. I had a guy touch up the bumpers, but it needs to be buffed out still. Still looks good though. The headlight and fog/driving light lenses are clear and bright.

The only real issue, as I stated in a previous post, is the rear-view mirror, but I contacted Magna, they emailed me the form and I sent it back and they are in the process of sending me a new mirror...free! Still a few drips of the black stuff on the shifter plate though.

The seats are perfect, no rips or tears. The heated seats work perfectly! Air blows ice-cold. The dash and console and trim..everything...perfect! No cracks, no warping or fading. Carpets and headliner are excellent.

The car is stock, except for the wheels. No mods to suspension, engine or anything. I didn't want to mess with the ride. I had checked out the type S...and decided I didn't like the ride (just a little too harsh), and this car, for whatever reason, is plenty fast as it is. (Like I said, I'm an older guy, I like the comfort and luxury!)

So I checked out NADA, ebay, Edmonds, AutoTrader, etc, and for these miles, condition, etc the average price seems to be about $8800.00 or so. I figure a fair price to a forum member would be about $7800.00, and that includes the extra wheels and tires and GPS unit.

Its a great car, and I hate to sell it, but unfortunately I need money quick for my business! And I'd much rather sell it to someone who appreciates what this car is, instead of just some "schmoe" looking for just any used car.

Inspections are not only welcome..they are encouraged!

So..if you or anyone you know might be interested, contact me here, or at my regular email, mrmajstyk@aol.com or by my cell phone, 310-600-7017.

If I don't hear from anyone here soon, I'll list it at autotrader or ebay. Its on craigslist now, but, well, you know craigslist! LOL. One guy asked me if I'd take "payments" (ummm, NO!), and another asked me if I would sell just TWO of the tires! LOL. Good Lord!

Thanks,

--Steve
Old 09-24-2007, 06:28 PM
Intermediate

And here's where the "goop" from the rear-view mirror dripped on the shifter...

And all 4 original alloys and new tires look like this...no scuffs...

Old 09-26-2007, 12:16 AM
Instructor

Which part of NH are u located?
Old 09-26-2007, 05:47 AM
Intermediate

Madman....

I'm just off of Vanowen between Laurel Canyon and Whitsett.

--Steve
Old 06-20-2009, 06:37 PM
Intermediate

ttt

Took this off the market after this post because I sold my Mercedes instead.
Now it is for sale for sure this time! 7000.00 or best offer as close to 7k as possible, because I found a 68 Cadillac that I want to buy, but I have to sell this first.
---Steve
310-600-7017
Old 06-22-2009, 01:45 AM
Intermediate

Need to sell ASAP...before I lose the deal on the 68 Cadillac!
Old 06-28-2009, 06:49 PM
Intermediate

...or best offer?

...am I asking to much? Open to ofers/suggestions.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:41 PM
Intermediate

5900.00 The car is in EXCELLENT condition. Reducing price becuase I will lose out on the Cadillac deal if I don't move NOW!
Old 07-20-2009, 10:45 PM
Intermediate

New Price 5900.00....

Five thousand nine hundred dollars for this car is a STEAL....