Location (State/Prov):

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits (you may select multiples):

Location (State/Prov/Terr):

Item Condition:

SOLD: 2002 Acura TL - Anthracite Metallic - LOTS of mods! Location: Greensboro, NC

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 08:16 PM
All go, no show

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up 2002 Acura TL - Anthracite Metallic - LOTS of mods! Location: Greensboro, NC

Year: 2002
Make: Acura
Model: TL
Price: $7000
Mileage: 116000
Color: Anthracite Metallic
Location (State/Prov): NC

1. Price: $7000 OBO

2. Mileage: Just under 116,000 miles, not currently being driven.

3. Color, Transmission-auto or manual, Navi? Anthracite Metallic, Auto, no navi.

4. Reason for selling: Purchased new car, no need for this one since I'm single with no kids.

5. Location: Greensboro, NC

6. Pictures: Upon request - I'll be washing the car this weekend, so I'll update this thread with a few pics once I'm done.

7. Are you the first owner? No. 2nd owner, car purchased in June 2004. CarFax will show that I'm the 3rd owner, but that's because the car was originally under my father's name which he transferred to me in 2008.

8. Title information: Clean, no liens, title in hand.

9. VIN (would be nice to have but I can understand that some people do not want to publicly post this): Upon request - clean Carfax, also available upon request.

10. Modifications:
- XS stainless steel headers
- Comptech Icebox cold air intake (1 stuck screw in the lid, but doesn't affect anything besides making it a little tough to get the air filter out)
- Comptech exhaust
- Unorthodox Racing underdrive crank pulley
- Outlaw Engineering Thermoblok Spacers
- Eibach sway bars
- Racingbrake slotted front rotors
- Hawk HPS brake pads (practically new, installed earlier this year)
- Tokico Blue shocks (probably need replacing soon?)
- G2 brake caliper paint - black
- Tinted 40/30 front/rear
- OEM Acura SilverStar wheels in gunmetal, 17" X 7" - stock offset!
- Yokohama Avid V4S tires (225/50/17)
- Blitzsafe iPod Adapter - seamless connection to the stereo, charges most types of iPods (does NOT charge the latest iPhone though)
- New battery installed earlier this year
- Custom-fit Heatshield sunshade

11. Service record: All paperwork for major service, incl. the 100k service (timing belt, water pump, spark plugs). Transmission replaced under warranty @ ~77k miles. Plenty of other service records, I tried to save all my receipts so I have a huge folder. full of them. Mobil 1 every 3000 miles or 6 months, whichever came first.

12. If leased, provide details, such as length of lease, payoff amount, etc.
N/A

Notes:

This car is my baby, the 1st car I ever owned. It pains me to sell her, but I realized I never drive her anymore (hard to say no to a 525hp SC'd M3) and it doesn't make sense to hold onto a car just for sentimental value. I took really good care of this car, it's in excellent shape inside and out. I always get compliments on how good my car looks given age & mileage. The car has a lot of mods, as you can see above, but I've never raced it or taken it to the track. The car looks stock, with the exception of wheels & tints.

Car has never been in a major accident under my ownership, but I did have parts of the car repainted for various reasons (incl. a parking lot fender bender):

- Front bumper: Acura dealership damaged my front bumper after I brought my car in for service, they repainted it for me at their bodyshop - this shows up on the CarFax. Crown Acura in Greensboro, NC.

- Rear trunk lid, bumper: Idiot fraternity brother borrowed my car to move a few items, didn't tell me one of those items was a FUTON. He scratched/dented up the trunk lid and bumper pretty badly, so I had them repainted. This was done at Performance Acura in Chapel Hill, NC.

- Hood: had the hood repainted to fix some rock chips and peeling.

- Front grille replaced: while waiting at the exit to leave the parking lot at work, the person in front of me decides to put their SUV in reverse and backup without looking. They ended up pushing my grille in and breaking it, no other damage.

This car is RELIABLE - I've never had a problem with it (besides tranny being replaced at ~77k miles under warranty). It needs NOTHING, aside from maybe an alignment and new shocks, wipers too if you're picky. The car isn't without its faults though, and I've listed them below to the best of my knowledge.

The "Bad":
- Alarm system doesn't work - not sure what the problem is, I only discovered this a few months ago and never looked into it. Remote lock, unlock & panic button still work fine!

- Undercarriage of car is kinda beaten up since I had the car lowered on Eibach springs for a couple of years.

- CD changer occasionally refuses to change discs - there's a simple "trick" to getting it to work properly if it acts up that I can show the buyer. I pretty much stopped using this after I got the iPod adapter installed.

- A single "piece" of one of the digits on the LCD clock doesn't work, and the backlight bulb needs to be replaced (it was like that when I bought the car, just never cared enough to replace it). You can still tell time on it just fine though.

- Could use an alignment - I didn't get another alignment when I took the lowering springs off.

- Suspension can be noisy, probably needs new shocks soon as noted above.

- The usual nicks and scrapes you'd see on a car of this age.

Any other questions, feel free to ask!!
Old 09-17-2010, 03:56 PM
All go, no show

Note: Forgot to change the price in both places when I edited this - price is $7k for a quick sale!!

mod edit-fixed
Old 09-19-2010, 07:40 PM
All go, no show

It was getting dark by the time I was done washing so I wanted to wrap up quickly, so I didn't have a chance to clear out the backseat. Pics of the backseat tomorrow!!

Last edited by PenguinQX; 09-19-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:41 PM
All go, no show

Sold!